Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

If psylock is in her old costume, it clearly doesn't osent have pockets, how dose she hold anything such as her phone and wallet ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    If psylock is in her old costume, it clearly doesn't osent have pockets, how dose she hold anything such as her phone and wallet ?
    Why would a telepath need any of that?

Maybe she makes baby Cable hold all her stuff

Bring back OG Cable and I’m into it. As it stands, hard pass.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Why would a telepath need any of that?

Maybe she makes baby Cable hold all her stuff
    Kid cable isnt 90's or strong enough to have to carry cable level pouches with stuff in them, its practical to have pockets.

Hill's agreat writer but I have zero interest in the cast and this title seems tailor made for early cancellation.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

I'm intrigued by it. At first I was upset with the Psylocke deal. But I'm giving the creative team the benefit of the doubt.

I wish they differentiated Kwannon and Betsy a little more though. She can have the codename, but the costume should be a little different then the classic 90's one and maybe her hair should be black. I hope they will give her a full personality very different then Betsy's in this book. It's the perfect opportunity for this.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Ultimate Member

I was always intrigued by who Kwannon was *before* the Betsy-merger. Was she always a little bit psychic, and using those talents to her advantage in her role as infiltrator and assassin for the Hand? (Presumably significantly weaker and / or untrained, compared to what sort of power levels she gained after the merger with Betsy, and perhaps explaining why, post-merger, Betsy was using a 'psychic knife' when she could theoretically mind-zap people halfway across the planet a week before, but was perhaps hampered by Kwannon's unfamiliarity with having psychic powers that reached much further than press-on nails...)

But this? Eh. They lost me at Kid Cable, who is, astoundingly, even less interesting to me than the Liefield's original ridiculously buff old man version.

If they add anyone else, I'd hope it's people I don't care about. I don't want to see someone like Nightcrawler or Madrox on a grim kill-squad led by someone who more or less victimized one of the X-Men and now, for reasons inexplicable, is considered one of them. (Can't be much of a 'fallen' angel, if you were never an angel to begin with... And how is (Arch)Angel not on this team? Seems like a no-brainer, just based on the name!)

I was never too much of a fan of some of the original 'Fallen Angels' (although it might be amusing to have Gomi have been experimented on by Baron Blitzshlag during the Initiative crossover, and merged with Bill the Lobster into a lobster-man-cyborg hybrid, or to see what the Vanisher is up to these days), so I don't mind so much the name being repurposed for a team with 100% less Ariel and Chance and Devil Dinosaur (bleh).

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    At first, I thought it was a waste. But I'm coming around to it and I'm hyped for Hill's writing and Kudranski's art in this type setting. I'm glad Kwannon has a title so she can develop and we can FINALLY see what tf is going through her mind.

1. Not......bad. It's not this book's fault that few people really like Wi-Fi, so I'm willing to see how Hill writes him. But I'm not gonna lie and say I hated it when it was first announced and I don't know if I really find X-23 appealing as a character anymore. Glad Kwannon found a home, though.

2. The concept is pretty cool. I wonder how far it will go, though, as this is really the only book that has a specific mission that could easily be wrapped up in an arc. But also, I guess that's a pretty surefire safety landing pad in case this book doesn't make Diamond weep.

3. I know Kudranski from Punisher and even though I avoid that book like the plague, the art always blows me away. Hill has always a great writer and there hasn't been anything he's done (from Killmonger to Detective Comics to his new Outsiders) that's been less than stellar. And yes, I do pretend that Spider-Man Annual doesn't exist.

4. Hope Summers and/or Frenzy, Boom-Boom (like killerbee said, it eases the tension a bit plus it would make snoop happy), and Bloodstorm (cheating a bit but i think she fits the motif so well)
    Bloodstorm was destroyed in Extermination #1.

Quote Originally Posted by .A² View Post
    It's about time someone sunk their teeth into the narrative potential of a woman so stubborn she plucked her eyes out of her skull to avoid being found. Excited for Kwannon.

But is it really Fallen Angels without Ariel snorting lines off Devil Dinosaur in the Coconut Grove?
    Are you seriously saying you want Moon Girl here? She and DD are a package now.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Nothing about the cast or the solicit intrigue me at all, although I won't write it off yet. For starters I am apprehensive about anything that looks like it cares about any sort of bigger picture, so I am waiting to see if this is basically the new norm and everyone gets to play in the sandbox on their own terms or not. As for the cast, and this goes for just about any X-book, I don't care who is in the lineup if the writer does not do anything with them or worse writes them poorly.

Basically I am in wait and see with this and everything else.

When the title alone was announced I was really intrigued. But the line up really killed any excitement for me. I can't get into caring about Kwannon or kid Cable. X-23 is the most interesting of the bunch but even then i'm not sold. Wish there were a couple of others to help make this series a must for me.
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

So is this gonna be more of a team book or stealth Kwannon solo?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

It's only 3 characters. I hope this doesn't get messed up and sells well.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Not interested in the cast. I wouldn't mind reading about Kwannon being re-bodied and rediscovering herself, but like, as the b-plot on a book with a better cast whose purpose isn't the edgy murder book. I don't care about X-23 or Kid Cable (or any Wolverine or Old Cable either, really). I also know nothing about the creative team, so this is easily the Dawn of X book I am least interested in, probably going to give it a pass.

It seems Dawn of X had creatices teams that people know nothing about. Interesting if it will affect sales.
    I love that we will have fresh creative teams. Fresh blood

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    It seems Dawn of X had creatices teams that people know nothing about. Interesting if it will affect sales.
    I love that we will have fresh creative teams. Fresh blood
    Hard agree to this, I definitely appreciate the potential for new directions to be taken. Hope they deliver