Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

I'm still not that thrilled about the initial line-up, but Hill's recent X-Men Monday interview and the rumor that the cast will be expanding has me willing to give the first arc a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    Kid Cable messes things up. Archangel should have been here instead
    He really shouldnt be. They need to move on from these type of stories with Warren

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He really shouldnt be. They need to move on from these type of stories with Warren
    That and it would throw some weird vibes on the Betsy/Warren romance. IE was it the Asian appearance that he fell in love with or as it should be Betsy's personality. Just thinking about brings back why I hated Scott marrying someone who looked exactly like Jean, always felt more stalker-ish to me than actual love even more so when he left her upon Jean's return. Kwannon and Betsy already share a messy history no need to add more to it.
    Last edited by MikaelNovasun; 08-29-2019 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MikaelNovasun View Post
    That and it would throw some weird vibes on the Betsy/Warren romance. IE was it the Asian appearance that he fell in love with or as it should be Betsy's personality. Just thinking about brings back why I hated Scott marrying someone who looked exactly like Jean, always felt more stalker-ish to me than actual love even more so when he left her upon Jean's return. Kwannon and Betsy already share a messy history no need to add more to it.
    Not to mention X-23. He dated her when he was a teenager. That just sounds messy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I'm still not that thrilled about the initial line-up, but Hill's recent X-Men Monday interview and the rumor that the cast will be expanding has me willing to give the first arc a shot.
    Given he also teased Laura's relationship with her friends will be brought up I'm preaty sure one of the new members will be a academy x kid

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Given he also teased Laura's relationship with her friends will be brought up I'm preaty sure one of the new members will be a academy x kid
    Fingers crossed for Hellion. He'd be a good pick all-around for the book anyway if they wanted to play up his disillusionment with the X-Men.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Fingers crossed for Hellion. He'd be a good pick all-around for the book anyway if they wanted to play up his disillusionment with the X-Men.
    They cant have two people with telekinesis, I guess for hellion to appear they have to kill kid cable and bring back cable( with 99% more pouches)

I'm excited for this book since now I have two Psylockes to follow. lol

but I'm not loving the art previewed so far....
    A picture would last longer darling...

They cant have two people with telekinesis, I guess for hellion to appear they have to kill kid cable and bring back cable( with 99% more pouches)
    They already do. Everyone on the cast has TK except Laura. With that said, I dont think this would be an issue

Kwannon - we dont know to what extent she will use TK and may primarily use it for the sword and more tactile combat. She's primarily a melee fighter

Cable - barely uses it bc he is keeping his TO in check. He's primarily a gun toting fighter

Hellion - he flies, he throws TK blasts, TK shields and is overall alot more versatile in his approach. He'd primarily a blaster.

Having these 3 telekinetics wouldnt seem redundant
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-29-2019 at 10:49 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They already do. Everyone on the cast has TK except Laura
    Don't give Bryan Hill ideas.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Could work. I could see Surge working under the right circumstances (chip on her shoulder, having seem the older X-Men generation fail her and her friends time and again) and it could be interesting to see her and X-23 interact again after falling out.

Would like to see Mercury and X-23 reconnect, but I'm not sure if this's the right project for that sort of thing. Opinions?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Could work. I could see Surge working under the right circumstances (chip on her shoulder, having seem the older X-Men generation fail her and her friends time and again) and it could be interesting to see her and X-23 interact again after falling out.

Would like to see Mercury and X-23 reconnect, but I'm not sure if this's the right project for that sort of thing. Opinions?
    I could see Surge but maybe not Mercury. I also like the idea of Hellion. Kwannon and Laura really interest me but teen Cable does not. We'll see but I'll get the first issue at least.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Don't give Bryan Hill ideas.
    In all fairness, she really could uses something to handed people at range and it wouldnt be nearly as bad as hot claws

In all fairness, she really could uses something to handed people at range and it wouldnt be nearly as bad as hot claws
    She can steal a gun from Babybel

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    She can steal a gun from Babybel
    I mean she IS supposed to be a crack shot from her assassin days. The problem is short of firing rubber bullets there's nothing non-lethal about firearms.