Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

They might do something where each Captain Britain from each universe expresses their powers in different ways based on who they are. Brian never used a sword, where I expect Elizabeth is still going to use a psychic sword and shield. Even her look is more like a traditional Knight than what Brian wore.

I expect Brian is going to become the leader or one of the leaders in Overworld and he asks Elizabeth to take his place as Captain Britain and she takes on the responsibility and the power. The power probably expresses itself in each person differently and it probably takes a slightly different form/expression in Elizabeth.

Anyway, I think she'll still have her telepathy, but she will also be the new Captain Britain for Earth 616.

Haha, this is just one step away from becoming Marvel's answer to the Green Lantern Corps, although I suppose that spot is already taken by the Nova corp. Still I like the idea of each world having a guardian Captain who is selected by the magical matrix of the planet to be the guardian of that world.

It sounds like Excalibur is going to go strong into the magic side of the marvel universe. I hope Magik from New Mutants gets to join up with them eventually. I also hope they get to cross over with Dr. Strange from time to time.

I like Carol Danvers as Captain Marvel, sure some of the writing for her character has been poorly done, but overall she's a good character. I don't mind if the Elizabeth becomes the X-books answer to Captain Marvel. I love that Elizabeth gets to be a big part of the Dawn of X.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Well, she is not an omega. So that kinda answer the question.
    Funny, I could've sworn she's been called Omega both in-universe and out. But I guess retcons are a thing though I have a hard time believing that Hickman's chart is 100% definitive.

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    Depends on the type of villains she'll be up against.
    I guess but we got to factor in the shared universe. Magical Psionic Superwoman sounds very broken in a shared setting. It's not easy writing characters that powerful because she could easily upstage everyone else.

There are like 10 telepaths stronger than Betsy. It never made sense for her to be considered omega tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    There are like 10 or so telepaths stronger than Betsy. It never made sense for her to be considered omega tbh.
    Yeah, I did find it weird sometimes. She did some things impressive but not Omega, at least not consistently. I'd just like some definitive answers. Like what they're going to do with her having two distinct power sets like this. I'll admit it would be novel seeing Betsy be so overpowered, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    They might do something where each Captain Britain from each universe expresses their powers in different ways based on who they are. Brian never used a sword, where I expect Elizabeth is still going to use a psychic sword and shield. Even her look is more like a traditional Knight than what Brian wore.

I expect Brian is going to become the leader or one of the leaders in Overworld and he asks Elizabeth to take his place as Captain Britain and she takes on the responsibility and the power. The power probably expresses itself in each person differently and it probably takes a slightly different form/expression in Elizabeth.

Anyway, I think she'll still have her telepathy, but she will also be the new Captain Britain for Earth 616.

Haha, this is just one step away from becoming Marvel's answer to the Green Lantern Corps, although I suppose that spot is already taken by the Nova corp. Still I like the idea of each world having a guardian Captain who is selected by the magical matrix of the planet to be the guardian of that world.

It sounds like Excalibur is going to go strong into the magic side of the marvel universe. I hope Magik from New Mutants gets to join up with them eventually. I also hope they get to cross over with Dr. Strange from time to time.

I like Carol Danvers as Captain Marvel, sure some of the writing for her character has been poorly done, but overall she's a good character. I don't mind if the Elizabeth becomes the X-books answer to Captain Marvel. I love that Elizabeth gets to be a big part of the Dawn of X.
    This is a great explanation. I hope they go with something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    There are like 10 telepaths stronger than Betsy. It never made sense for her to be considered omega tbh.
    She was raised from the dead by Jamie to fight the anti Phoenix, then her telepathy was enhanced further by AOA Jean. Not to mentioned she briefly had contact with the Death Seed. It make sense that she's one of the most powerful psychics out there.
    Thankfully most writers just ignored those facts... since she's not leading any team and it will be boring as hell.

However, things might change during Excalibur. Tho Hickman doesnt consider her as Omega Mutant, her power is futher enhanced by magic - Amulet of Right and magic of Otherworld.
    The most reasonable thing is to enhanced her psy power instead of giving her Brian's like power. Let her power expressions different from the other Captain Britains.

Then again Marvel is determined to make this rendition of Betsy different from her Psylocke days so Psylocke (Kwannon or whoever caries the codename) can keep the butterfly signature (which is Betsy's own signature power from her original body) in the comics and other medium, especially the video/mobile games.

Oh yeah, that graph. Do we know if it's meant to be definitive? I feel like it has some omissions.

It depends on which version of the Captain Britain powers Betsy gets.

Last we saw Brian was similar to Gladiator, his powers were linked to his emotions and self confidence. The more determined he was, he was untouchable and invulnerable, but if he had self doubts he was weaker. He's had other weaknesses over the years, like the proximity to the UK thing

I don't see her any more OP than Rogue or Apocalypse

What happened to Brian is he dead?
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    What happened to Brian is he dead?
    Taking time off to raise his daughter? (and possibly Meggan's daughter with Kurt if she managed to smuggle her out of Age of X-Man)

This is actually something I'm intrigued with because many seem to be assuming that she will be losing the telepathy because she's losing the butterfly psy-signature. And I really hope thats not the case. But Rogue is seemingly the heavy hitters of the team. So it would be weird to have two powerhouse x-women on the team. So I hope the amulet just elevates her TK/TP a little more then there current levels. And maybe helps her create constructs.

Does anyone know what powers she had when she first became Captain Britain. Or when she wore the suit in Remender's OtherWorld arc?

Do we know if the Amulet gives everyone the same exact powers? Many questions to be asked. But I hope Brian Braddock stays in play w the OtherWorld aspects.

TJ doesn't exist. As Jean said in AOXM Omega, everyone was just a construct.
    Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Haha, this is just one step away from becoming Marvel's answer to the Green Lantern Corps, although I suppose that spot is already taken by the Nova corp.
    Who have just been almost destroyed. First Kaldera stabs their leader Scott Adsit in the back in Champions, then most of the Corps goes to fight an enemy army and gets defeated in Guardians of the Galaxy. Rich Rider and Sam Alexander are still alive, but only a handful of others remain.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I have a feeling they're going to downplay her ninja skills going forward, what with Kwannon filling in in that respect, but also because I assume she'll have super-strength - not that one automatically excludes the other, mind you, I just think she'll be a bit more of a brawler.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    This is actually something I'm intrigued with because many seem to be assuming that she will be losing the telepathy because she's losing the butterfly psy-signature. And I really hope thats not the case. But Rogue is seemingly the heavy hitters of the team. So it would be weird to have two powerhouse x-women on the team. So I hope the amulet just elevates her TK/TP a little more then there current levels. And maybe helps her create constructs.

Does anyone know what powers she had when she first became Captain Britain. Or when she wore the suit in Remender's OtherWorld arc?

Do we know if the Amulet gives everyone the same exact powers? Many questions to be asked. But I hope Brian Braddock stays in play w the OtherWorld aspects.
    I can’t remember during her first stint as CB, but she definitely had telepathy during Remender’s Otherworld arc.

When she was Cap before..... I believe she just had flight and maybe enhanced strength in addition to her mutant powers.

I kinda wish they had kept her current new costume - maybe in rwb colors.

I don’t mind if the ninja stuff is given to Kwannon only but Betsy needs the butterfly.