Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243444546 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Soldier Boy is product to Vought. They don't want to risk something going wrong. Also keep in mind if Vought existed long enough to create Soldier Boy, they also knew Stormfront existed. Frederick Vought created Stormfront in the 30's. He founded Vought America in the 40's and Soldier Boy was around in the mid 40's in time for D-Day.
    You forget that Vought was a Nazi.

I doubt he would have been given amnesty if he didn't provide the government with something useful, Soldier Boy, that they then wouldn't actually use.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    You forget that Vought was a Nazi.

I doubt he would have been given amnesty if he didn't provide the government with something useful, Soldier Boy, that they then wouldn't actually use.
    He did provide something useful, propaganda. You are assuming corporations and governments work on a strictly rational basis and don't do anything self serving for their own benefits, even if it's not in the best interest of the people. It's not true of the real world, and in the Boys world, it is never the case.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I can see season 4 is heading now

spoilers:
    Butcher pushing Ryan away is going to bite him in the ass big time. He's going to willing accept the kool-aid given to him thanks to him desperately craving a father figure. I was hoping Soldier Boy would stick around as a wild card. Knowing he always wanted children and knowing Ryan is his grandson I would have expected him to fight Homelander so he raise Ryan himself. If he's able to escape his current confinement that could still happen.

I'm happy to see MM opening up with his family history with his daughter. Keeping his demons to himself isn't worth destroying his relationship with her. After the ending he needs to keep her the hell away from Todd.

Newman running for VP is interesting. I guess her giving her daughter V will pay off next season.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Interesting finale.

spoilers:
    Noir went out so easy. After last episode I thought for sure he deserved a couple good licks on Soldier Boy before he died. Maeve on the other hand got a good showing here. She was doing better against Homelander by herself than Soldier Boy and Butcher. I like that they kept Soldier Boy alive. Starlight might not have even shown the beginnings of the limit to her power. She should be able to fly now and show much more than she has when she has access to the energy of a city.

Butcher only has himself to blame for Ryan now. Ryan needed him, and Butcher pushed him all the way to Homelander's arms to raise as a little nazi now.

They didnt let us know how much brain damage Hughie has now. Butcher has a year or so to live but, Hugie was like one shot away from dying himself he has to have damage.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

I have to say the acting in this show is so superior to the Arrowverse (except for some Arrow episodes). It makes Flash, Batwoman, LoT, etc. look pathetic.

I have to congratulate Dean (oh, Jensen), totally into the character with some depth. One almost feels sorry for Homelander who was turned into a psychopath.

Well done.

***SPOILERS FOR THE SEASON 3 FINALE***

-- I understand that Homelander killing that guy at the end was a reference to Trump saying he could shoot someone in the middle of the street and not lose any of his supporters, but it's still illegal. People have always been fine with Homelander murdering criminals, but this was clearly not the case here. Since the show ended there, we don't see repercussions, but I hope they address it next season.
    -- One thing they kinda dropped though was Homelander killing Super Sonic. How were there no repercussions, or at least an investigation after he essentially admitted to it? Even if there were a line from Newman saying they were looking into it, would indicate to us he'd be in the clear since she and Homelander are in cahoots. Did I miss something?
    -- How are The Boys funded now? Newman provided for them before, but it'd be weird for them to take money from her now or follow her directives, so...?
    -- Poor Noir. That was rough. I'm sorry he didn't get to mix it up in the final brawl.
    -- One scary thought: Homelander never bought into Stormfront's ideology - he believed in the superiority of supes, not the aryan race. But at the end we see Homelander disillusioned about the 7 being able to become his family, and he's been embraced by white nationalists. Homelander was bad enough already, but if he starts to identify with them,(now that he has a lineage he can feel a part of) it's going to get even uglier.
    -- Shouldn't Maeve have worn some kind of disguise when she and Yalena left? She always did before anytime we've seen her in civvies. Maybe they wanted to indicate a certain freedom in her walking away from the life, but I dunno - minor nitpick.
    -- And now Starlight has ditched her costume, which doesn't really make sense to me. She's a public figure in an important position, and her being a superhero is a big part of her identity to the public. Is she going to give up her clout now when she has a voice, because I don't see "covert government agent Annie" being able to be as effective in speaking out against Vought. The number of costumed characters on this show is twindling. It always bothers me when a superhero show actively fights against being about superheroes. I guess we'll see if more are introduced next season.
    -- I had hoped more for Frenchie's cathartic moment. His storyline had been so dramatic this season, it ended up being played for a joke.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 07-08-2022 at 10:21 AM.

There are a couple of loose ends I want to see addressed in season 4.

Newman in general. After learning she was the super that killed Congress I was expecting her to be a major antagonistic force in season 3. That never happened so hopefully season 4 will do that. Something has to come out of Newman giving her daughter compound V.

Hughie developing an addiction to his powers. The seeds for it were planted with Hughie enjoying the rush, and going through a power trip when he confronted A-train. It seemingly got abandoned thanks to temp V being lethal. Hughie has a vital in his possession so hopefully the temptation to use becomes a struggle for him next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Hughie developing an addiction to his powers. The seeds for it were planted with Hughie enjoying the rush, and going through a power trip when he confronted A-train. It seemingly got abandoned thanks to temp V being lethal. Hughie has a vital in his possession so hopefully the temptation to use becomes a struggle for him next season.
    I doubt this. I think the point of him having the vial was so he could make a choice between saving Starlight or helping her and he chose to support rather than take the V. To me that storyline seems wrapped up, especially given his speech about how his dad really was strong after all.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I doubt this. I think the point of him having the vial was so he could make a choice between saving Starlight or helping her and he chose to support rather than take the V. To me that storyline seems wrapped up, especially given his speech about how his dad really was strong after all.
    Agreed. Hughie had his Kristoff moment. Job done.
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

Fantastic Member

I hope A Train and the Deep both get theirs next season. They have been such selfish A-holes, who only care about themselves. I hate them both and they are not going to fool me into feeling sorry for them, or thinking they suddenly have a good heart.

It's interesting to see where they go next. A-train and the deep worked hard to get back to where they were in season 1 but lost the things most valuable to them to get there. A-train has the biggest possibly of turning as I doubt he will want to support Homelander if he continues to pander to white nationalists.

Oh yea I think A train dying next season but it will be helping against Homelander. The only thing he cares about besides himself is his brother . He’s gonna do something to try and show him he’s not a complete PoS.

Ultimate Member

I loved the season. Although I think the carnage that both the Supes and the Boys inflict is too much and there’s practically no way they’d be able to get away with it all..after all this time. I find it very hard to believe that Vought wouldn’t have developed other Supes to keep the 7 in check or the complete absence of a superhero failsafe developed by the government.

Queen Maeve seems to be almost as strong as Homelander. She straight up took the heat vision to her chest before she blocked it with her bracelet. She even damaged his ear. Definitely one of the highlights of the season.

Soldier Boy is a POS through and through. The man wanted to kill his son and grandson.

Homelander talking down the remaining members of the 7 and asking Ashley to remove her wig was chilling. I will say I don’t really see the point of everything Black Noir did only to get his guts pulled out.

The series has done an excellent job of showing how demented and intimidating Homelander. From the use of camera angles to make him look taller to subtle light focuses on his face, Antony Starr is just downright terrifying in that role.

Seeing as Butcher is dying, I hope that next season is the last. Given everything that’s happened, I can’t imagine the series going on for much longer.

Astonishing Member

I don't really feel this show is going anywhere. Its going around in circles. I really liked it. But now I feel like I'm watching the same season every season.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    ***SPOILERS FOR THE SEASON 3 FINALE***

-- I understand that Homelander killing that guy at the end was a reference to Trump saying he could shoot someone in the middle of the street and not lose any of his supporters, but it's still illegal. People have always been fine with Homelander murdering criminals, but this was clearly not the case here. Since the show ended there, we don't see repercussions, but I hope they address it next season.
    Given what Homelander tried to do in the comics, it wouldn't surprise me if this is a set up in the next season for him attempting a coup with this crowd as his army of supporters.

-- One thing they kinda dropped though was Homelander killing Super Sonic. How were there no repercussions, or at least an investigation after he essentially admitted to it? Even if there were a line from Newman saying they were looking into it, would indicate to us he'd be in the clear since she and Homelander are in cahoots. Did I miss something?
    I figure that may be addressed next season, but we'll see.

The number of costumed characters on this show is twindling. It always bothers me when a superhero show actively fights against being about superheroes. I guess we'll see if more are introduced next season.
    The Boys was never really about superheroes in the way comics from the Big 2 are. It was always pretty irreverent of superheroes to begin with. Annie also discards her costume in the comics if I recall correctly.