Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 449
  1. #241
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Exactly right. Stormfront isn't a feminist. She is a Nazi. She is trying to paint a picture of herself to the public that she is something she isn't. She is insidious. And whats I think is going to happen is she has an idealogy. She has a mission. And she wants to use Homelander to help fulfill it. Problem is Homelander isn't a Nazi. He doesnt care about race. He views everyone as beneath him. White, Black, Brown whatever. His agenda is for himself. She on the other hand has a bigger mission. She is going to try and rope Homelander into it and she is going to pay the price. Because he just wants to be popular and adored by the public that he thinks are a joke. There are so many parallels they are using right now with whats really going on in this country its brilliant. Yet scary at the same time.
    Homelander = Neocon version of Trump

    Stormfront = Bannon/Stephen Miller

  2. #242
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sammael View Post
    Homelander = Neocon version of Trump

    Stormfront = Bannon/Stephen Miller
    Yup I don't think they are being subtle about it either.

  3. #243
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    8,787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Yup I don't think they are being subtle about it either.
    Ennis isn't known to be subtle in his work. It's on brand

  4. #244
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,720

    Default

    That was some good acting on Aya Cash's part. She actually made me feel a little bad for the most evil character on a show full of evil characters.

  5. #245
    Extraordinary Member Revolutionary_Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    5,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    That was some good acting on Aya Cash's part. She actually made me feel a little bad for the most evil character on a show full of evil characters.
    Yeah, she played a racist with human feeling without dialing down the racism. Not easy to do. Racists like her deeply believe that they are right and the people they hate need to be brought down, that among fellow racists (Homelander being outed for one now), they show off vulnerability.

    This show brought it in that despite taking different roads, the characters are going the same place the comics are going. Stormfront in the show is a straight version of the comics' version after all.

  6. #246
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,720

    Default

    You get the feeling that underneath it all, she's an old woman watching her world slowly die. And while her world was awful and deserved to die, it's hard not to pity an old woman watching her world slowly die just a little. There's a bit of that "Highlander" vibe, or the vibe of certain vampire stories.


  7. #247
    Extraordinary Member Revolutionary_Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    5,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    You get the feeling that underneath it all, she's an old woman watching her world slowly die. And while her world was awful and deserved to die, it's hard not to pity an old woman watching her world slowly die just a little. There's a bit of that "Highlander" vibe, or the vibe of certain vampire stories.

    I don’t find her pitiable at all. I find her interesting for the way her humanity reinforces her evil. But I don’t feel bad for a person who whines about being young and immortal and uses that to murder innocents.

  8. #248
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    8,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Yeah, she played a racist with human feeling without dialing down the racism. Not easy to do. Racists like her deeply believe that they are right and the people they hate need to be brought down, that among fellow racists (Homelander being outed for one now), they show off vulnerability.

    This show brought it in that despite taking different roads, the characters are going the same place the comics are going. Stormfront in the show is a straight version of the comics' version after all.
    Ahh im behind right now. Homelanders one redeeming quality was i thought he was a equal opportunist sociopath. Gonna ctach up tonight. The Amazon video app on my phone is acting weird. It only showed the first 4 episodes last night. Epsiode 5 wasn't on there. Maybe now 4 and 5 will show up iono. I'll find out when I get off.

  9. #249
    Fantastic Member Castle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Ahh im behind right now. Homelanders one redeeming quality was i thought he was a equal opportunist sociopath. Gonna ctach up tonight. The Amazon video app on my phone is acting weird. It only showed the first 4 episodes last night. Epsiode 5 wasn't on there. Maybe now 4 and 5 will show up iono. I'll find out when I get off.
    LOL, Homelander has no redeeming quality, he is all about self glory.

  10. #250
    Extraordinary Member Revolutionary_Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    5,779

    Default

    I have some issues with the latest episode of The Boys. Hopefully this pays off later.

    The thing is the comics have a very strong anti-super message, a very strong message about collateral damage and so on:

    spoilers:
    The scene where Starlight kills the rando civilian for his car, yeah it was an accident on her part, that guy pulled his gun and so on...but that entire scene is part of Ennis' criticism about superheroes in the comics, that their powers are dangerous, can have consequences, and they can kill with a pinkie. Here Starlight didn't intend to kill the guy and she did it. So now the show is in a corner where a character who was intended to be the innocent supe, or the one good supe, is guilty for doing stuff not so far from A-Train when he gristled Robin.

    And we see Butcher sort of accept that? in-character you can argue that Billy is trying to reform his genocidal racism after Becca raised the issue but he's just seeing confirmation of one of his prejudices about supes in front of him.
    end of spoilers

    And it's a corner if the story is going to give Starlight a pass for her accidental murder because she's a protagonist and that guy's an extra when the show attacks everyone else for doing it.

  11. #251
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,160

    Default

    You'd think that Maeve would be smarter about hiding that kind of evidence

  12. #252
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    With the Orishas
    Posts
    6,822

    Default

    Just finished Ep 6.

    Some things were set-up well but somethings didn't work for me.

    The whole thing with Starlight and the guy in the car was incredibly contrived and definitely didn't have to play out like that. And it paints her character in an entirely different light given her reaction to what happened.

    The whole thing with Stormfront and Homelander is getting more interesting. I'm curious how things play out now.

    And Maeve's plan is dumb and she was very careless leaving that sort of very, very dangerous video lying around.
    "Obviously not all conservatives are racists/bigots but all racists/bigots claim to be conservative"- Unknown

    "BE WOKE, VOTE!!"

  13. #253
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,720

    Default

    Yeah, it felt super-contrived because she's bulletproof and super-strong. She did not need to shoot him. She could have just stood between him and Butcher so everyone would be completely safe from bullets, then just walk in and grab his gun. It was simply not a situation requiring lethal force. Yet it was written as if it were.

  14. #254
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    8,787

    Default

    Frenchie is never gonna let Marvin live that down. I liked we finally got some backstory on Frenchie

    Shawn Ashmore being casted as Lamp Lighter is a great casting gag.

  15. #255
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,720

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Frenchie is never gonna let Marvin live that down. I liked we finally got some backstory on Frenchie

    Shawn Ashmore being casted as Lamp Lighter is a great casting gag.
    Aaron Stanford would have been better.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •