Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 ... LastLast

I relished that fight. Been waiting for someone to put a dent in Homelander. For the viewer that was the herogasm lol

Thing is, that's tempV and they have a finite supply now with Maeve...gone. Hope they have enough in case Homelander comes looking for revenge. And Soldier Boy, while he has permanent V, he's not stronger than Homelander and his

Homelander may now care more about his own mortality than being loved/feared. If he can get a shiner, it stands to reason he can also be killed with the right force. And he knows that.

Curious what's gonna happen to A-Train now. I get a funny feeling The Deep may be the one to rescue him. He'll probably drive by with his new, um, lover, and see him in the middle of the road.

BANNED

Season 3 has been okay so far, not as good as the first two and in a moment of pure honesty, I am very grossed out by the sex scenes of season 3. Very very grossed out. I had to forward most of the sex scenes in episode 6.

Usually I don't mind and even welcome sex scenes in TV shows but The Boys have taken things way too far that it has become distracting and almost kind of immoral to watch.
    Last edited by Fridays; 06-25-2022 at 04:03 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I relished that fight. Been waiting for someone to put a dent in Homelander. For the viewer that was the herogasm lol

Thing is, that's tempV and they have a finite supply now with Maeve...gone. Hope they have enough in case Homelander comes looking for revenge. And Soldier Boy, while he has permanent V, he's not stronger than Homelander and his

Homelander may now care more about his own mortality than being loved/feared. If he can get a shiner, it stands to reason he can also be killed with the right force. And he knows that.

Curious what's gonna happen to A-Train now. I get a funny feeling The Deep may be the one to rescue him. He'll probably drive by with his new, um, lover, and see him in the middle of the road.
    They have a finite supply for the moment, true.

But the government was offered the sale of TempV, and I can't imagine them turning it down after seeing Homelander turn tail.

Frankly, the most unrealistic part of The Boys is that no one in the US government has any problem with the fact that they have no meaningful counter to Homelander

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

But the government was offered the sale of TempV, and I can't imagine them turning it down after seeing Homelander turn tail.

Frankly, the most unrealistic part of The Boys is that no one in the US government has any problem with the fact that they have no meaningful counter to Homelander
    Remember that at the end of the day, governments are run by humans. And humans aren't always pragmatic.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Remember that at the end of the day, governments are run by humans. And humans aren't always pragmatic.
    No, but they are ruthless and easily influenced by fear.

Are we to believe that no one in the Pentagon has considered what Homelander is capable of?

Not sure why this part got cut off. I was saying, And Soldier Boy, while he has permanent V, he's not stronger than Homelander and his nullifying move takes time to charge. Seconds, sure, but Homelander can move at the speed of sound if he's not held down.

No, but they are ruthless and easily influenced by fear.

Are we to believe that no one in the Pentagon has considered what Homelander is capable of?
    I find it real hard to believe they don't have a few Homelanders stashed away somewhere. Homelanders as in, trained military men with the exact same powers on standby in the event the actual Homelander goes rouge. He can massacre the entire planet in hours and with little effort, no way there isn't a contingency plan. Since a version of kryptonite doesn't seem to exist, it would be the world's only hope if Homelander ever went nuts.

Singer turned down the temp V, but for all we know it may be because he figured why risk men and women on a temporary product (since it's experimental), when he has the permanent version and a few of them anyway.

I guess the implication is, if these two (Singer and Edgar) don't talk about it, its not true so don't extrapolate until they do. But...fantasy or not there needs to be some baseline logic somewhere especially if this is based on the real world, hammered home by including real celebrities (the opening singing of "Imagine").

Ultimate Member

I find it real hard to believe they don't have a few Homelanders stashed away somewhere. Homelanders as in, trained military men with the exact same powers on standby in the event the actual Homelander goes rouge. He can massacre the entire planet in hours and with little effort, no way there isn't a contingency plan. Since a version of kryptonite doesn't seem to exist, it would be the world's only hope if Homelander ever went nuts.

Singer turned down the temp V, but for all we know it may be because he figured why risk men and women on a temporary product (since it's experimental), when he has the permanent version and a few of them anyway.

I guess the implication is, if these two (Singer and Edgar) don't talk about it, its not true so don't extrapolate until they do. But...fantasy or not there needs to be some baseline logic somewhere especially if this is based on the real world, hammered home by including real celebrities (the opening singing of "Imagine").
    Honestly, as much as I enjoy the show, I've not found the government's response to superhumans realistic at all.

Butcher's team were the only people looking into the Seven and other superhumans, and the government has clearly allowed Vought to keep control over their secret sauce for superhumans.

If there were more, sane and reliable Homelanders, they wouldn't need Ryan

Honestly, as much as I enjoy the show, I've not found the government's response to superhumans realistic at all.

Butcher's team were the only people looking into the Seven and other superhumans, and the government has clearly allowed Vought to keep control over their secret sauce for superhumans.

If there were more, sane and reliable Homelanders, they wouldn't need Ryan
    I prefer to think of it as akin to, you never knew I even owned a gun until I pulled on you, AFTER you pulled yours on me FIRST.

But you're probably right, what we see is what we get which is...hard to swallow. On his best day Homelander is still an overgrown child, which means he's been a ticking bomb since day one, and they have no counter for that (ie the need for Ryan)? And people similar in power but not as powerful as Homelander (the rest of the Seven, other superheroes, et al) no investigation, no Slabside/The Raft equivalent, they're just...celebrities, but they even keep tabs on real life celebrities so even that falls through in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Fridays View Post
    Season 3 has been okay so far, not as good as the first two and in a moment of pure honesty, I am very grossed out by the sex scenes of season 3. Very very grossed out. I had to forward most of the sex scenes in episode 6.

Usually I don't mind and even welcome sex scenes in TV shows but The Boys have taken things way too far that it has become distracting and almost kind of immoral to watch.
    What did you think of the numerous gory deaths through the series so far?

Ultimate Member

I prefer to think of it as akin to, you never knew I even owned a gun until I pulled on you, AFTER you pulled yours on me FIRST.

But you're probably right, what we see is what we get which is...hard to swallow. On his best day Homelander is still an overgrown child, which means he's been a ticking bomb since day one, and they have no counter for that (ie the need for Ryan)? And people similar in power but not as powerful as Homelander (the rest of the Seven, other superheroes, et al) no investigation, no Slabside/The Raft equivalent, they're just...celebrities, but they even keep tabs on real life celebrities so even that falls through in the end.
    Well, the person watching over Ryan was former high ranking CIA. I think if anyone knew, it'd be her

But yeah. I enjoy the show, but only it's exploration of the celebrity side is really all that realistic.

You'd have supervillains (or super criminals), every government trying to get their own superhumans, etc.

SPOILERS FOR EP 6
    - My initial thought about Noir was that he was going to go after Soldier Boy himself, but I guess going to ground makes more sense
    - Looks like Boys also get it done. (well almost. Both beatdowns ended with the villain flying off)
    - I have to wonder: the Russians had Soldier Boy for decades and ... what were the results? You'd think they'd have gotten some kind of advancement out of it when it comes to the supe arms race. I hope they show some kind of result from their decades of testing.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    SPOILERS FOR EP 6
    - My initial thought about Noir was that he was going to go after Soldier Boy himself, but I guess going to ground makes more sense
    - Looks like Boys also get it done. (well almost. Both beatdowns ended with the villain flying off)
    - I have to wonder: the Russians had Soldier Boy for decades and ... what were the results? You'd think they'd have gotten some kind of advancement out of it when it comes to the supe arms race. I hope they show some kind of result from their decades of testing.
    I have to wonder why Vought would turn Soldier Boy over in the first place. What was the point there, an arms race?

Amazing Member

Predictions:

* A-train will get his brother's heart and survive.
    * Soilder Boy will say "fuck this" and bail on The Boys.
    * Homelander collects his son.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    He's now immune to Halothane, so I guess he picked up a tolerance to the various stuff the Russians exposed him too...

But what did *they* gain? Who knows. It would be interesting to learn that they synthesized a weaker version of Compound V from his blood. Or came up with a means to counter supes, which is where his power to generate a chest-blast that shuts down other supes came from? (Since that doesn't seem to be part of his original powerset.)

Then again, the existence of Ryan, and his Homelander-lite powers, suggests that they could have just harvested Soldier Boy's 'soldiers' and knocked up dozens, or hundreds, of women with them, to create their own secret army of bastard supes (hopefully raised a little more 'under control' than Homelander himself was...).

I saw two things that reminded me of other superhero films in this episode

spoilers:
    First was Soldier Boy mocking and then pulling on Homelander's cape during the fight brought Edna Mode's "no capes" policy from The Incredibles to mind.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    The scene with Homelander talking to his reflection reminded me of the similar scene between Norman and the Green Goblin in Spider-Man 1. Anthony Starr even sounded like Willem DaFoe in that scene.
    end of spoilers