Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't see them keeping the twist. The Homelander of the show isn't being manipulated into doing his atrocities. The show has given him an intelligence upgrade at that.
    Yeah, and honestly, the writers are more creative than Garth Ennis on his best days. I'm sure they'll find a way to end Homelander that has Butcher or Hughie doing it personally

Astonishing Member

I'm calling it now Black Noir is a compound V powered clone or twin of Billy Butcher he did not know about.It would beat the season 1 finale twist and leave Billy scratching his beard

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matty04 View Post
    The Seven are more interesting in the series than in the comics, especially A train and The Deep. I hope to see G men and the Love Sausage.
    It would be fun if A Train actually started appreciating and fell for Starlight and she reciprocated ,hehe the drama for Hughie fucking up A Train's girl (since technically in a roundabout way he put her on Homelander's radar and got AT to mercy kill her)
    Last edited by Rev9; 07-22-2020 at 03:53 PM.

Intermediary

Id love to see their take on Tek Knight

hopefully season 3

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    Id love to see their take on Tek Knight

hopefully season 3
    You might want to keep an eye on season two.

Just binged the first 4 eps yesterday!
    Going to binge the final 4 today. Love it!

Huh.

There's the obvious "Comics..." question there. Not going to say much more when a lot of the viewers probably don't know much about the comics.

Astonishing Member

Watched Season 1 and then got the books from the library. I have to say the show is much better than the books. The plotting is tighter and the books are a little too much teenage fantasy which overwhelms the core ideas. The Herogasm was just plain stupid. I don't object to sexuality but this was just dumb. However, the idea that the yearly crises are fake was cute.

Looking forward to the next season. Glad I didn't spend any money on the books.

Who else is watching Season 2?

So far, so good!

Astonishing Member

So far so good season 2. The Deep just cracks me up.

BANNED

Ennis' The Boys was a guilty pleasure of mine. It has a lot of stuff that I dislike but I couldn't let go of it. The show by Eric Kripke is also quite compulsively watchable.

The first season was cool and the second season is off to a great start.

I am not sure where this Becca Butcher stuff is heading though. Or the kid. Or Black Noir. Don't know why you would have Noir in the story if you are going in such a totally different direction.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

So far so good.

I'm every curious to how Butcher will react to Ryan when he reunites with Becca. I know he wouldn't be please about helping rise the rape child of the person he hates the most.

The deep joining a cult is hilarious.

Kimiko stuff has been great. I look forward to the moment when she murders Stormfront

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Ennis' The Boys was a guilty pleasure of mine. It has a lot of stuff that I dislike but I couldn't let go of it. The show by Eric Kripke is also quite compulsively watchable.

The first season was cool and the second season is off to a great start.

I am not sure where this Becca Butcher stuff is heading though. Or the kid. Or Black Noir. Don't know why you would have Noir in the story if you are going in such a totally different direction.
    I hope they go a completely different way with Black Noir. I didn't like the comics storyline at all I would be perfectly fine with a creatively different approach on his character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    I hope they go a completely different way with Black Noir. I didn't like the comics storyline at all I would be perfectly fine with a creatively different approach on his character.
    A creatively different approach with Noir essentially means inventing and imposing a whole new character since the entire mystery of Black Noir is a big part of the denouement. If you remove that, you are essentially inventing a whole new character.