Page 40 of 46 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Trail View Post
    In every comic book I've ever read where the hero can tell someone's blood pressure they doing it via super-hearing (see, eg. Daredevil).

No reason not to assume Homelander wasn't listening to Stan's Korotkoff sounds
    You can't tell blood pressure from hearing. You can tell how fast a heartbeat is, but blood needs to be stopped in an artery and then allowed to flow to know blood pressure. The numbers started as the millimeters of Mercury that would hit when the blood started flowing again in a particular instrument. It is an arbitrary number that has been standardized. There is nothing to hear.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The organic way for this season to end would be to finish Homelander as he has become such a psychotic villain. But they are renewed for season 4 and these shows tend to keep their big villains till the end. Especially if they are a main cast member. Likewise we know Maive is not dead.

But here is a question, Soldier Boy is obviously Captain America, created at the beginning of WWII. (And Stormfront for the Nazis) We have seen the Payback team in the 80s, so were there any heroes between the 40s and the 70s-80s. When did Vought start making supes in bulk?

A silly aside. Homelander smells Edgar's blood pressure? Wha? Blood pressure has to be measured by constricting and then relaxing a blood vessel, it is not a constant like a heartbeat that can just be observed. Even if he had grabbed his arm to squeeze an artery, it's not like he can know what the internal pressure is when he hears a beat. And smells?!?
    Only time Homelander has mentioned super smell was when he smelled Butcher all over Maeve after they had sex.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Only time Homelander has mentioned super smell was when he smelled Butcher all over Maeve after they had sex.
    However he was suppose to know Edgar's BP, he can't, it just doesn't work that way, it is not a static measurement.

Look I know this was a silly observation for a show about super powered people, but sometimes these little things bug you. Not a big deal, I like the show. And it is a parody anyway.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

A statement from Homelander and Vought regarding Starlight’s recent Instagram Live.

Their marketing team is so on point. The way they effortlessly use all social media platforms to blend and extend the story narrative is excellent.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I had a good laugh at Homelander calling Starlight an insurrectionist

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The organic way for this season to end would be to finish Homelander as he has become such a psychotic villain. But they are renewed for season 4 and these shows tend to keep their big villains till the end. Especially if they are a main cast member. Likewise we know Maive is not dead.

But here is a question, Soldier Boy is obviously Captain America, created at the beginning of WWII. (And Stormfront for the Nazis) We have seen the Payback team in the 80s, so were there any heroes between the 40s and the 70s-80s. When did Vought start making supes in bulk?
    Well, it's difficult seeing Homelander get a finish that actually sticks until the series is almost over. I wonder what would happen if Homelander lost his powers like Kimiko? How would he handle it? Probably not very well, I'd imagine. Whereas Kimiko this season clearly just wants to be normal (and apparently doesn't want her powers back, as she's tired of Butcher using her as a weapon) , Homelander's powers are probably a major part of his identity. Chances are he'd go into hiding for a bit, and try to get a source of Compound V to restore his powers before anyone finds out.

Of course, if that happened, it'd sort of be karmic payback for how he abused A-Train (who could no longer use his powers to their full extent due to health reasons).

Vought clearly got into the supe business some time between World War II and the 80's, but I don't think the series has put a concrete timeline on just when it happened. We've learned some more of Vought's history from Stan Edgar and other sources, but there's probably still more to be told about how Vought International became the big corporate giant it is during the present day of the series.

A statement from Homelander and Vought regarding Starlight’s recent Instagram Live.

Their marketing team is so on point. The way they effortlessly use all social media platforms to blend and extend the story narrative is excellent.
    The people responding on Twitter play along, acting the part of people within the universe. So we get supporters on both sides, some siding with Homelander and some with Starlight.

All of the Black Noir scenes were my favorite this episode. spoilers:
    The roger rabbit esque 2D animation did a lot to help with that. Those flashbacks to the training session and when Soldier Boy got handed to the Russians is brutal. I actually feel bad for the guy.
    end of spoilers

The ending is a major game changer.

Astonishing Member

Holy **** this episode. had so much character development. Black Noir's best episode of the series. I mean I was expecting none of that. But, what an interesting creative way to tell the backstory and give him development. Nuts, and really well written.

spoilers:
    The Soldier Boy is Homelander's father thing I did see coming but only solidly during the episode. Really nice twist. Now do they team up and become a mega problem? Do they continue to be adversaries?
    end of spoilers

Holy **** this episode. had so much character development. Black Noir's best episode of the series. I mean I was expecting none of that. But, what an interesting creative way to tell the backstory and give him development. Nuts, and really well written.

spoilers:
    The Soldier Boy is Homelander's father thing I did see coming but only solidly during the episode. Really nice twist. Now do they team up and become a mega problem? Do they continue to be adversaries?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It's hard to imagine they will remain adversaries given what Soldier Boy said. Soldier Boy will continue to use Hughie and Butcher to find the remaining members of Payback and then turn on them when Homelander is all that's left.

MM and Black Noir need to team up. I need that to happen
    end of spoilers

Huh. I called it. spoilers:
    I guess there was enough of Blue Hawk left to harvest his heart for A-Train.
    end of spoilers

As for the revelation, well...spoilers:
    I guess it was obvious, but I have a deliberate blinder to family tropes like that (sibling vs sibling, father vs son, etc). I kinda despise it. But guess I'm alone in that so here we are. And yeah I agree Soldier Boy will use Butcher and Hughie to kill the rest of Payback before turning on them.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    spoilers:
    It's hard to imagine they will remain adversaries given what Soldier Boy said. Soldier Boy will continue to use Hughie and Butcher to find the remaining members of Payback and then turn on them when Homelander is all that's left.

MM and Black Noir need to team up. I need that to happen
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    He said he always wanted kids. Now he has a son and a grandson. You are right he might want his family to rule as assholes. How in the world would they take any of them down without using depowering from Soldier Boy. Frenchie is on the right track with the nerve agent at least.

But, Kimiko showed its pretty easy to get your powers back. Just reload on the Compound V if you dont die in the interim.

Then ole A train. He had come full circle in herogasm. He finally seemed to see what a selfish, ******* he had been. Now with a new lease on life, will he continue unleashed? Or will he actually try and continue his progression?
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    He said he always wanted kids. Now he has a son and a grandson. You are right he might want his family to rule as assholes. How in the world would they take any of them down without using depowering from Soldier Boy. Frenchie is on the right track with the nerve agent at least.

But, Kimiko showed its pretty easy to get your powers back. Just reload on the Compound V if you dont die in the interim.

Then ole A train. He had come full circle in herogasm. He finally seemed to see what a selfish, ******* he had been. Now with a new lease on life, will he continue unleashed? Or will he actually try and continue his progression?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Butcher noticed Soldier Boy's PTSD. I'm sure he also knows what triggered it. If he catches Soldier Boy stands next to Homelander and he got some Russian tunes on deck that's all he'll need.
    end of spoilers

Speculation, but since its based on the current ep: spoilers:
    I think Butcher will wind up taking the permanent V, or have it administered to him once he starts dying from taking too many doses of temp V.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Speculation, but since its based on the current ep: spoilers:
    I think Butcher will wind up taking the permanent V, or have it administered to him once he starts dying from taking too many doses of temp V.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I was thinking he would end up wanting to save Hughie and do what he didnt do for his brother. I mean he looked like he was just going to let them die together at the end of this and not tell him. But, will he have a final change of heart? All that backstory fleshing him out and clearly tying Hughie in as a little brother in his heart....
    end of spoilers

***SPOILERS FOR WHATEVER EP COMES OUT 7/1***
    A lot happened this ep, but I keep thinking about Kimiko and Frenchie. I don't know if one ever really thinks about the power imbalance in their relationship the way Hughie has made it an issue in his relationship with Annie, but now it's become relevant, especially if I read her correctly and she's told Frenchie their bond is platonic. She kissed him only after she lost her powers and before, she thought of him as delicate and breakable and wants powers so that she can protect him. (like her brother?) What she's doing isn't all that different from Hughie, yet Starlite of all people risked her life to get her more V, even though it's why she and Hughie broke up.

I'm waiting to see if there's a downside to her taking the V again... otherwise I don't know if I buy her storyline - she was so tortured over the violence she commited, but now that she wants the V to protect Frenchie, and that the V wasn't to blame for the horrific violence she commited, she's okay with it? The show has always presented Kimiko as being a pure soul, to excuse her violent actions - she was a victim, she lost her brother, she's fighting on the right side, etc.... But just because she's sad about it, does it really excuse her and make her so different from the other supes who wield their powers irresponsibly? I guess we'll see.