Page 41 of 46 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142434445 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

soldier boy Did the world a favor who really want Black Noir's playing Axel Foley over Eddie Murphy

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    ***SPOILERS FOR WHATEVER EP COMES OUT 7/1***
    A lot happened this ep, but I keep thinking about Kimiko and Frenchie. I don't know if one ever really thinks about the power imbalance in their relationship the way Hughie has made it an issue in his relationship with Annie, but now it's become relevant, especially if I read her correctly and she's told Frenchie their bond is platonic. She kissed him only after she lost her powers and before, she thought of him as delicate and breakable and wants powers so that she can protect him. (like her brother?) What she's doing isn't all that different from Hughie, yet Starlite of all people risked her life to get her more V, even though it's why she and Hughie broke up.

I'm waiting to see if there's a downside to her taking the V again... otherwise I don't know if I buy her storyline - she was so tortured over the violence she commited, but now that she wants the V to protect Frenchie, and that the V wasn't to blame for the horrific violence she commited, she's okay with it? The show has always presented Kimiko as being a pure soul, to excuse her violent actions - she was a victim, she lost her brother, she's fighting on the right side, etc.... But just because she's sad about it, does it really excuse her and make her so different from the other supes who wield their powers irresponsibly? I guess we'll see.
    The angle their going for here is that it wasn't Kimiko choice the first time she had V. She got experimented on and turned into a feral animal. Not to mention her decision is motivated by the fact she couldn't protect Frenchie because of the power lost. This is more of an emotional decision than a rational one.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The angle their going for here is that it wasn't Kimiko choice the first time she had V. She got experimented on and turned into a feral animal. Not to mention her decision is motivated by the fact she couldn't protect Frenchie because of the power lost. This is more of an emotional decision than a rational one.
    For sure. Everyone's running on emotion and making bad decisions, but it seems like they're treating her differently because she's portrayed as more "pure-hearted." My thoughts aren't totally formed on this, and how the season plays out will help solidify them, but it's beginning to strike me as a double-standard, which is a bit of a cop-out for how this show usually treats superpowers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing999 View Post
    soldier boy Did the world a favor who really want Black Noir's playing Axel Foley over Eddie Murphy
    More likely he was in talks to beat out Sylvester Stallone
    Last edited by BroHomo; 07-01-2022 at 10:28 AM.
    GrindrStone(D)

I am also enjoying the parody of Trump, QAnon and the corporate Right Wing media (aka FoxNews).
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ultimate Member

One thing I don't understand is why they went back on Soldier Boy fighting the Nazis

I mean hell, if you got someone who's bulletproof, why wouldn't they use him? And hell, wouldn't Stan have known that he wasn't there?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    One thing I don't understand is why they went back on Soldier Boy fighting the Nazis

I mean hell, if you got someone who's bulletproof, why wouldn't they use him? And hell, wouldn't Stan have known that he wasn't there?
    I am sure Edgar new. The point of the show is supes are BS. They are not heroes, they are propaganda and profit centers. What ever they do is not for the greater good, but to increase the wealth and power of those behind them. They are not something Vought corrupted, they are corrupt from the get go. Soldier Boy was never a hero, think of Captain America TFA, and how they refused to use him, well in The Boys, he never rebelled and went to fight, he liked the perks. He is also a vile human who turned fire hoses on the Civil Rights marchers, killed kids at Kent State and might of shot Kennedy, think The Comedian in Watchmen.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I am sure Edgar new. The point of the show is supes are BS. They are not heroes, they are propaganda and profit centers. What ever they do is not for the greater good, but to increase the wealth and power of those behind them. They are not something Vought corrupted, they are corrupt from the get go. Soldier Boy was never a hero, think of Captain America TFA, and how they refused to use him, well in The Boys, he never rebelled and went to fight, he liked the perks. He is also a vile human who turned fire hoses on the Civil Rights marchers, killed kids at Kent State and might of shot Kennedy, think The Comedian in Watchmen.
    Cap in the MCU wasn't bulletproof, Soldier Boy is, and a dozen times stronger. You'd think that they would have had him on a few front lines.

Cap in the MCU wasn't bulletproof, Soldier Boy is, and a dozen times stronger. You'd think that they would have had him on a few front lines.
    You'd think, but the point of this show is supes are not heroes, and if they thought keeping him for photo ops and propaganda was more important to them, that is what they would do. It's a very cynical look at the world. No point in applying logic in what would "really" happen.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    You'd think, but the point of this show is supes are not heroes, and if they thought keeping him for photo ops and propaganda was more important to them, that is what they would do. It's a very cynical look at the world. No point in applying logic in what would "really" happen.
    Yeah, fair enough. Besides celebrity culture, nothing else has been realistic, lol.

Astonishing Member

They have given you glimpses of supes in "military" situations multiple times now. They are selfish, untrained, rely just on their raw power. They dont care about collateral damage, or specific targeting. They are just as apt to kill their own side than they are the enemy.

Even their every day "supe saves" are all scripted by Vaught and PR teams. We have seen that multiple times.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    They have given you glimpses of supes in "military" situations multiple times now. They are selfish, untrained, rely just on their raw power. They dont care about collateral damage, or specific targeting. They are just as apt to kill their own side than they are the enemy.

Even their every day "supe saves" are all scripted by Vaught and PR teams. We have seen that multiple times.
    Actually, we haven't.

Unlike in the comics, the Vought superheroes actually do some crimefighting without blowing themselves up.

Sure, the South America mission seemed to sideways, but given what we know now, how much of it wasn't intentional?

As for untrained, Noir is universally feared by those who know him, Lamplighter was able to trail a CIA agent and Translucent was an adept spy.

*edit*

Also, why'd the US take in Vought and his Compound V if they weren't going to actually use it?
    Last edited by The Cool Thatguy; 07-02-2022 at 05:57 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Does anyone else dislike Todd? I can't stand him whenever he is on screen. I loved it when MM knocked his ass out

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Does anyone else dislike Todd? I can't stand him whenever he is on screen. I loved it when MM knocked his ass out
    Don't think we're supposed to like him, lol

Extraordinary Member

Soldier Boy is product to Vought. They don't want to risk something going wrong. Also keep in mind if Vought existed long enough to create Soldier Boy, they also knew Stormfront existed. Frederick Vought created Stormfront in the 30's. He founded Vought America in the 40's and Soldier Boy was around in the mid 40's in time for D-Day.