Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Just wondering when Homelander is going to try to murder Stormfront at this point. Just now realizing her name may be symbolic of a certain online group. It's kinda funny seeing a psychopath trying to bond with his son.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Just wondering when Homelander is going to try to murder Stormfront at this point. Just now realizing her name may be symbolic of a certain online group. It's kinda funny seeing a psychopath trying to bond with his son.
    Obviously as a TV Show they need to delay as long as possible the beatdown between Butcher and Homelander, much like the comic. So they need to cycle in new villains that can be dispatched between seasons.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

He gonna wait in line. Stormfront is Kimiko kill.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Absolutely ,Kimiko will eviscerate Storefront at some point

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    No telling.

I could see it going either way.
    I think the twist is it's either a clone or twin of Butcher that he didn't know about.I am betting on it

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    However, he probably will end up liking The Deep alot more
    The Deep is now my fave, it's weird but he is traumatised and he is kind of a stand in with a hero with disability.It strange to see him being totally redeemed like not fully but I just feel sad for him. A train talks big game but as per episode 3 he needs medical help at some point and I think he probably grew up with nothing and is over compensating.I feel bad he killed his gf, but it was a mercy killing ,after what Maeve narrated of Homelander decapitating a fan who got to close to her.Though A train should have just hidden her somewhere but hey that's how the show decided to write him

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    The Deep is now my fave, it's weird but he is traumatised and he is kind of a stand in with a hero with disability.It strange to see him being totally redeemed like not fully but I just feel sad for him. A train talks big game but as per episode 3 he needs medical help at some point and I think he probably grew up with nothing and is over compensating.I feel bad he killed his gf, but it was a mercy killing ,after what Maeve narrated of Homelander decapitating a fan who got to close to her.Though A train should have just hidden her somewhere but hey that's how the show decided to write him
    A Train will keep his medical issue a secret. He knows informing Homelander of it will get him kicked from the Seven. His social status is too important to him. I bet his heart problems will flare up at the absolute wrong time and will get treated like the Deep.

The character is an overt Nazi in the comic book

Fantastic Member

Don't the boys have "powers" in the comic? I'm wondering if they will power them up in the show...that makes a standoff between butcher and Homelander an actual fight.

Quote Originally Posted by obatalla View Post
    Don't the boys have "powers" in the comic? I'm wondering if they will power them up in the show...that makes a standoff between butcher and Homelander an actual fight.
    Minor Comics' Spoilers -

spoilers:
    In the comics, every member of The Boys(except Hughie) has taken Compound V(which gives all Supes their powers...) before the first issue takes place. Besides Hughie, they all start the series with powers. Except for The Female, it's all pretty basic "Super Strength"/"Super Durability" sort of stuff.

As for the show, it would follow the Supernatural pattern(Sam) to have at least some of the group wind up with powers.
    end of spoilers

I've been enjoying season 2 so far, but has anyone else been having problems with the subtitles? When Kimiko and her brother would be talking to one another, all I'd see is a dark bar where the subtitles are supposed to be.....I'm stuck here wondering if it's just me, since no one else has complained about it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Trail View Post
    Wow I didn't read the comic. I was actually starting to like her up until that point.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Obviously as a TV Show they need to delay as long as possible the beatdown between Butcher and Homelander, much like the comic. So they need to cycle in new villains that can be dispatched between seasons.
    Gonna be interesting to see how she pulls it off.

Wow I didn't read the comic. I was actually starting to like her up until that point.
    Yeah, if you don't know the comic's version's history, you can easily be fooled into thinking she's a good-guy until that final scene. It's only then that she gets exposed as someone who is even more evil than Homelander, and better at hiding it. Homelander's mask slips a lot. He can barely contain that he's a monster. Stormfront is completely invisible until she's in complete control, and then she's a horror.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    I've been enjoying season 2 so far, but has anyone else been having problems with the subtitles? When Kimiko and her brother would be talking to one another, all I'd see is a dark bar where the subtitles are supposed to be.....I'm stuck here wondering if it's just me, since no one else has complained about it.
    I didn't have any subtitles at all so I had to turn on the closed captioning which was a bit annoying since I had to leave it on the whole time, but it was better than missing out on their dialogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Trail View Post
    I appreciate that they're presenting a more hidden form of racism that relates to what we encounter in daily life.