Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I binge the whole season last night. It is worth watching. The heroes in that show are some vile pieces of crap.
    That's all I needed to know to understand it's not for me. Thanks for the heads up.

Glad others like it though and hope it goes strong.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Just watched the first two episodes. Man, that’s some wild and crazy stuff!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Watching episode one I like it so far. Not familar with the comic at all.

Seem people talk about the heroes having redeeming qualities. Well not so far lol maybe they get more depth later on.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 07-28-2019 at 05:14 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post

Seem people talk about the heroes having redeeming qualities. Well not so far lol maybe they get more depth later on.
    The heroes end up being a lot more grey later on. Think of it like this, imagine if in the real world actual flawed people got super powers and it enahanced all their best and worse qualities and they have a severe lack of accountability

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    The heroes end up being a lot more grey later on. Think of it like this, imagine if in the real world actual flawed people got super powers and it enahanced all their best and worse qualities and they have a severe lack of accountability
    I get it but yea early on in the show they are not showing any good qualities. The dude who's suppose to be the flash is laughing about what happened to Robin. I guess this could be him trying to be cool and inside he just feels awful who knows. Cause I'll have to just keep watching.

Weirdly enough my biggest question from this show is from the trailer. When the hell did Laz Alonso get so damn jacked? He looks huge in the trailer wondering if it's just those shots but his neck looked as wide as Urbans shoulders(Lol I'm exaggerating but he was always a fit dude but by no means jacked).

BTW I think I hate The Deep the most so far.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I get it but yea early on in the show they are not showing any good qualities. The dude who's suppose to be the flash is laughing about what happened to Robin. I guess this could be him trying to be cool and inside he just feels awful who knows. Cause I'll have to just keep watching.

Weirdly enough my biggest question from this show is from the trailer. When the hell did Laz Alonso get so damn jacked? He looks huge in the trailer wondering if it's just those shots but his neck looked as wide as Urbans shoulders(Lol I'm exaggerating but he was always a fit dude but by no means jacked).

A-Train has no remorse for what he did to Robin. Don't expect that to get any better.

A-Train has no remorse for what he did to Robin. Don't expect that to get any better.
    Ok so some characters have redeeming qualities then lol. I thought homeland was gonna be the one till about the last 5secs on the first episode.

I'd guess that some of the folks saying that are probably those that are familiar with the comic.

The series is The Care Bears when you put it up against the comics.

Feels like they were going for something along the lines of MM's look in the comics. While Billy is by no means small, MM is even bigger than Billy.

Extraordinary Member

However, he probably will end up liking The Deep alot more

Extraordinary Member

Ok so some characters have redeeming qualities then lol. I thought homeland was gonna be the one till about the last 5secs on the first episode.
    A-Train, doesn't become good, but there are moments where he is a bit more sympthatic to the point where in the finale something big happens with him.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

A-Train, doesn't become good, but there are moments where he is a bit more sympthatic to the point where in the finale something big happens with him.
    spoilers:
    If I was Hughie I would have let him die when he had his heart attack. I didn't feel for him when it happened. I hated how he blamed Hughie for killing his girlfriend when he did that himself and framed it as an overdose
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    If I was Hughie I would have let him die when he had his heart attack. I didn't feel for him when it happened. I hated how he blamed Hughie for killing his girlfriend when he did that himself and framed it as an overdose
    end of spoilers
    To be fair there's a good chance all that was coerced by Homelander

Mighty Member

To be fair there's a good chance all that was coerced by Homelander
    Yeah, there is just no underselling how scared the whole team is of Homelander. It's a fixture in every interaction he has with them. Annie didn't really get that until he confronted her later on then she looked like everyone else does when he shows even the slightest bit of annoyance at them.

I was aware of the comics when they came out and what the basic premise was. It was one I thought about picking up but never did.

I just watched the first 5 eps this weekend and WOW what a crazy show!! Absolutely loving it so far!! I will definitely track down the comics to read once I'm done with the show.

Are there plans for more seasons or is this a one-and-done kind of deal?