Page 20 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    So no one wants to talk about how Eagle The Archer was tossed under the bus?
    Who's that? No one by that name exists, ever ever ever

Incredible Member

Thanks. Been wondering about that for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    Thanks, mate!

Alright, so that last scene was brilliantly chaotic but it was hard for me to follow everything:

spoilers:
    How many named characters died in that hearing room?
    end of spoilers

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

So no one wants to talk about how Eagle The Archer was tossed under the bus?
    No time for fake friends.

At first I thought Deep was just going along with it to get back in The Seven, but he really has drank the Kool-Aid. He cut off Eagle so quick it made A-trains had spin lol. The question becomes is the cult the villain of next season? What I think is going to happen....

Maeve is as good as dead now. Her fate was sealed the second the plane crashed in season one.
    Black Noir is a clone of Esposito.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

At first I thought Deep was just going along with it to get back in The Seven, but he really has drank the Kool-Aid. He cut off Eagle so quick it made A-trains had spin lol. The question becomes is the cult the villain of next season? What I think is going to happen....

Maeve is as good as dead now. Her fate was sealed the second the plane crashed in season one.
    spoilers:
    maybe but I think he might be Lenny. They been bringing up Butcher dead brother way too much. I think he survived the suicide attempt and the dad sold him to Vought for testing.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

The Deep grabbing his head to make sure it was still there made me laugh.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    spoilers:
    maybe but I think he might be Lenny. They been bringing up Butcher dead brother way too much. I think he survived the suicide attempt and the dad sold him to Vought for testing.
    end of spoilers
    Unless he's black I highly doubt it's him.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Unless he's black I highly doubt it's him.
    Was he Black? He just looked burned and or charred to me. Maybe ill go Google it, I'm sure there's a still somewhere I can get a better look.

@Chamber

Yea I was dying laughing at that scene.

Edit: yes nevermind. Even if thr skin color is from being charred or burned. The actor was clearly black under the mask. Its 100% not Esposito either or anyone with similar features to him.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 10-03-2020 at 11:21 PM.

Maeve is one of the main characters. No way she dies before late in the final season.

I didn't see talk about and I didn't think new thread was necessary for this as yet so I putting it here Boys is getting a spin off

The spinoff is set at America’s only college exclusively for young adult superheroes (or “supes”) that is run by Vought International. It is described as an irreverent, R-rated series that explores the lives of hormonal, competitive supes as they put their physical, sexual, and moral boundaries to the test, competing for the best contracts in the best cities. Part college show, part Hunger Games — with all the heart, satire and raunch of “The Boys.”
    The spinoff’s pilot, which is being written by Rosenberg, won’t resemble the G-Men’s origins from the comics all that much. However, it could implement satirical characters (such as a version of Wolverine) and will be just as dark as it tests the physical, moral, and sexual boundaries of super-powered students. There doesn’t appear to be any plans yet to have the series crossover with The Boys directly, but it could eventually provide origins for younger groups like the Young Americans or Teenage Kix (that have been set up in the main show).
    https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/the...on-1234782755/
    https://screenrant.com/the-boys-spin...-x-men-parody/
    https://www.superherohype.com/tv/487...ture-the-g-men

And to tie it into the topic I think we are hitting a pretty strong diverging point from Boys the comics. I don't want to put it spoilers tags but it is pretty fair to say now that Black Noir is something completely different direction from the comic. The Boys was already its own universe in a sense but with announcement of spin off and diverging source material it is clearly it own thing now and not parody.

Last thing
    But the real story is The Boys at #3. Amazon previously reported that viewership for season 2 of the show was close to double season 1, and the series seems to have been bolstered by the decision to switch to a weekly release format
    Here are the rankings for this past week according to Nielsen, where they measure by minutes watched:

1. Cobra Kai (Netflix), 2.17 billion minutes viewed
    2. Lucifer (Netflix), 1.42 billion
    3. The Boys (Amazon), 891 million
    4. The Office (Netflix), 843 million
    5. Criminal Minds (Netflix), 675 million
    10. Mulan (Disney+), 525 million
    The Boys is clearly killing it for Amazon it is rock right now.

BANNED

Yeah the TV show now has a bigger audience than the comics ever did or ever will.

For better and for worse it is now it’s own thing.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Maeve is one of the main characters. No way she dies before late in the final season.
    Plus, she's got blackmail material that would let her kick Homelander in the balls and walk away (once, anyways)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Plus, she's got blackmail material that would let her kick Homelander in the balls and walk away (once, anyways)
    That blackmail wouldn't work. Homelander would laser her, then destroy the video. If she released the video to the media, Homelander would laser her anyway.

The only thing she could have done is...turn herself in, and admit she was culpable and take responsibility for her actions.

But she wants the life of a superhero celebrity and won't do anything to compromise that. That part of the show is quite good. As Starlight says to her mother, "It's about power" and The Deep, Maeve, and others they might feel guilt, might feel bad but deep down they are all so bankrupt that they'd never give up their lifestyle.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    That blackmail wouldn't work. Homelander would laser her, then destroy the video. If she released the video to the media, Homelander would laser her anyway.

The only thing she could have done is...turn herself in, and admit she was culpable and take responsibility for her actions.

But she wants the life of a superhero celebrity and won't do anything to compromise that. That part of the show is quite good. As Starlight says to her mother, "It's about power" and The Deep, Maeve, and others they might feel guilt, might feel bad but deep down they are all so bankrupt that they'd never give up their lifestyle.
    All Maeve has to do is set up a deadman's switch. Not beyond her ability to do, so yeah, she'd be fine for now.

But its a gun with one bullet, so...

One thing I liked about the latest episode, which no one has mentioned, is we got more of Homelander's background, which gives you a more sympathetic viewpoint toward him (Yet we still know he's a piece of shit).....And I loved the way they used that as a catalyst to Homelander & Stormfront dealing with Homelander's son.

spoilers:
    So the church leader says they are both back in after a few more details are handled. And the A trains replacement gets his head blown up. Betting the church has someone with the power to pop heads and they made a deal with Esponitos character. We take care of your legal issues and take shock wave off the table. You put our guys back in the 7. That's my guess. Also they been bringing up Lenny alot the past few episodes. Are they just giving us background on Butcher or is Lenny alive. Maybe even Black Noir(He seemed to have something personal with Butcher) or someone that escape that mental hoslital. The dad seems like the type who would have his son experimented on. Also he says Butcher left immediately, so it Lenny survived and ended up being a test subject Butcher wouldn't know
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Agreed on both your spoiler posts.......It's too coincidental for Shockwave to be one of the casualties in that insane courtroom scene. The Church has something to do with all that, and have ties to Vought (as the supe they sent to the courtroom has to be the same person that killed Jennifer Esposito's character earlier).

As for Black Noir, the charred body makes it likely Lenny was given Compound-V after being gravely wounded. The set-up with all the background information on Lenny lends support to your Black Noir/Lenny theory.
    end of spoilers