Page 21 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    One thing I liked about the latest episode, which no one has mentioned, is we got more of Homelander's background, which gives you a more sympathetic viewpoint toward him (Yet we still know he's a piece of shit).....And I loved the way they used that as a catalyst to Homelander & Stormfront dealing with Homelander's son.

spoilers:
    Agreed on both your spoiler posts.......It's too coincidental for Shockwave to be one of the casualties in that insane courtroom scene. The Church has something to do with all that, and have ties to Vought (as the supe they sent to the courtroom has to be the same person that killed Jennifer Esposito's character earlier).

As for Black Noir, the charred body makes it likely Lenny was given Compound-V after being gravely wounded. The set-up with all the background information on Lenny lends support to your Black Noir/Lenny theory.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Black Noir is black. Unless Compound V gave Lenny a race lift it ain't him.
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

One dose of compound V caused 13 billion dollars in the comic. Everything get cheaper to make. So how much did one dose cause in Germany during ww2?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by gwhh View Post
    One dose of compound V caused 13 billion dollars in the comic. Everything get cheaper to make. So how much did one dose cause in Germany during ww2?
    The more Ennis' stuff is ignored, the better. The logic in the show is tough, but it was amazingly stupid when Ennis was writing his comic.

Just assume that it's cheaper now.

It is suppose to limit the creation of superheroes in the concept. Basically it means they can create super power character any time they want but shouldn't be able to give a whole army super powers. It supposed to be fighter planes I think the US has 20 Stealth bombers that cost 2 billion a piece. The US F22 raptor cost about 339 million per plane and project overall costing 62 Billion which is why it got axed.

So in concept dose(less effective one than the present) in Germany could have cost less but over the years as the formula perfected to work better the cost goes up maybe because of limited resource need in the formula and the process or the equipment needed to refine formula being expensive as well. But anyways this too much thinking about something written is basically done stop "why don't they make every cop or solider a super powered person" in the fiction.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    It is suppose to limit the creation of superheroes in the concept. Basically it means they can create super power character any time they want but shouldn't be able to give a whole army super powers. It supposed to be fighter planes I think the US has 20 Stealth bombers that cost 2 billion a piece. The US F22 raptor cost about 339 million per plane and project overall costing 62 Billion which is why it got axed.

So in concept dose(less effective one than the present) in Germany could have cost less but over the years as the formula perfected to work better the cost goes up maybe because of limited resource need in the formula and the process or the equipment needed to refine formula being expensive as well. But anyways this too much thinking about something written is basically done stop "why don't they make every cop or solider a super powered person" in the fiction.
    Supposed to, but the comic Boys had their own Justice League, Teen Titans, Avengers and X-Men with all the various members parodied.

I do wonder though, if Stormfront was the first successful superhuman, how the Nazis lost. Not like the Allies would have had any answer to her, and her designer was said to be successful long before the Atom Bomb

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Supposed to, but the comic Boys had their own Justice League, Teen Titans, Avengers and X-Men with all the various members parodied.

I do wonder though, if Stormfront was the first successful superhuman, how the Nazis lost. Not like the Allies would have had any answer to her, and her designer was said to be successful long before the Atom Bomb
    Wondering the same thing. When they first revealed her background, my first thought was how the hell did the Nazis lose. Maybe they felt the war was a lost cause and wanted her to remain hidden so she could infiltrate America. Iono just pulling stuff out my ass. Maybe they will address it or maybe were not suppose to think that much about it

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Wondering the same thing. When they first revealed her background, my first thought was how the hell did the Nazis lose. Maybe they felt the war was a lost cause and wanted her to remain hidden so she could infiltrate America. Iono just pulling stuff out my ass. Maybe they will address it or maybe were not suppose to think that much about it
    What was presented as how Miss Liberty seemed didnt seem that powerful. Maybe her powers have grown over time

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I think its the whole 'Not think about it much'.

Fits in with the comics, really. When The Boys finished, there was no MCU. So basically, this multi-billion dollar company was built up by super powers actors selling comics and toys. And really, the only reason I can see the military ever turning down something like Compound V is fear of escalation. But since the Russians already did that, why wouldn't the US?

So yeah. As parody/satire with a side of espionage, this is a good series. But the internal logic gets weak in some areas

I think its the whole 'Not think about it much'.

Fits in with the comics, really. When The Boys finished, there was no MCU. So basically, this multi-billion dollar company was built up by super powers actors selling comics and toys. And really, the only reason I can see the military ever turning down something like Compound V is fear of escalation. But since the Russians already did that, why wouldn't the US?

So yeah. As parody/satire with a side of espionage, this is a good series. But the internal logic gets weak in some areas
    Yes true but Beatboks could be right aswell. He powers might have developed stronger over time. I dont recall seeing enough of liberty to say she wasn't as powerful as modern stormfront. But there's always that possibility. New supes develop fast but she was the first. Mayve it works different. She also had a kid , maybe they put there safety before the war. That would be a nice flashback. They love making you feel uncomfortable by building sympathy for terrible people. Maybe show her relationship with her kid.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    What was presented as how Miss Liberty seemed didnt seem that powerful. Maybe her powers have grown over time
    Well, how powerful would she need to be to beat up and kill an unarmed and non resisting civilian?

But yeah, she could have grown more powerful

Incredible Member

Does anyone find it odd. That a mayor of a 3rd class city and a failing city at that. has 230 million to blow on a super heror for its city. Plus he taking a huge private jet back to balitmore from NYC. Should he not be takling a commerical flight?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxOrWVvxxrk

Ultimate Member

Does anyone find it odd. That a mayor of a 3rd class city and a failing city at that. has 230 million to blow on a super heror for its city. Plus he taking a huge private jet back to balitmore from NYC. Should he not be takling a commerical flight?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxOrWVvxxrk
    Could be a prestige thing, like the Olympics

Mighty Member

Based on what u have said here..,..oooh man.....you should read a comic series called UBER.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I didn't see talk about and I didn't think new thread was necessary for this as yet so I putting it here Boys is getting a spin off

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/the...on-1234782755/
    https://screenrant.com/the-boys-spin...-x-men-parody/
    https://www.superherohype.com/tv/487...ture-the-g-men

And to tie it into the topic I think we are hitting a pretty strong diverging point from Boys the comics. I don't want to put it spoilers tags but it is pretty fair to say now that Black Noir is something completely different direction from the comic. The Boys was already its own universe in a sense but with announcement of spin off and diverging source material it is clearly it own thing now and not parody.

Last thing

The Boys is clearly killing it for Amazon it is rock right now.
    Place your bets.....there will be another white male character who will flash an exaggerated naked penis.

Just based on the r-rating and repeated use of "hormonal" and "sexual"....oh man. (Insert epic eye roll hear)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Based on what u have said here..,..oooh man.....you should read a comic series called UBER.
    Know of it, don't care for it.

In WW2, Stormfront, her powers as we've seen them, would be a beast. She'd be a guided missile, a smart bomb, the Nazis could use again and again