Page 24 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    You know I think you are on to something. The original Soldier Boy from World War II being a black guy experimented on (a la Tuskegee) could be where they go with him on the show.

Especially since Ryan is set up with Comics!Black Noir's ultimate role in the comic story.
    Jensen Ackles has been cast to play Soldier Boy in season 3. This theory is a no go.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Wait so we know if Black Noir himself is actually black? I know his suit actor is but so is Larry's in Doom Patrol

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

What an episode.
    Anthony Star as Homelander is fantastic. Underrated actor who needs every award they can give him.

So Kimiko is virtually unkillable just like Deadpool, unless she can’t survive decapitation

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Wait so we know if Black Noir himself is actually black? I know his suit actor is but so is Larry's in Doom Patrol
    Yes, when Maeve removed his mask and gave him an almond joy. The man is clearly black under those burn scars.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Basically at some point they are going to need to go the comic route and take compound v
    They've already established that Vought is about to or has created a stable version of V for adults. They're in the process of distributing V. spoilers:
    Billy doesnt really have a lot to live for other than retribution.
    end of spoilersI can see him going this route

Quote Originally Posted by Biclopcicle View Post
    They've already established that Vought is about to or has created a stable version of V for adults. They're in the process of distributing V. spoilers:
    Billy doesnt really have a lot to live for other than retribution.
    end of spoilersI can see him going this route
    They were going to distribute V. After they Stormfront got exposed they blamed everything on her and had to abort the distribution plan.

They'll likely try again once they perfect giving V to adults.

Astonishing Member

Okay so if the church of the collective guy was against Edgar and Vought and was blown up ...who blew his head off is it Edgar? That seem unlikely ,maybe it is another secret organisation that supercedes Vought or was it Neuman? The finale was pretty amazing , season 3 will be a LOT of fun.I'm curious also is Neuman a supe or an alien? Does she have a big role in the comics or is this artistic liberty?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Okay so if the church of the collective guy was against Edgar and Vought and was blown up ...who blew his head off is it Edgar?
    It was Neuman who blew up his head and also the heads of Raynor and the entire House Inquiry (saw that scene again on Prime, and it's wonderfully edited, the cuts clearly show her eyelines preceding heads exploding in the montage.

Now whether Neuman is acting on her own secret agenda or she's in cahoots with Edgar...that part isn't clear. Kripke in interviews implied that Neuman seems to have her own agenda and that we'll learn more about her in Season 3.

Kind of odd to think about how they sort of followed the Preacher playbook with two seasons before what seems to look a bit like "Comics" The Boys potentially being season three.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Kind of odd to think about how they sort of followed the Preacher playbook with two seasons before what seems to look a bit like "Comics" The Boys potentially being season three.
    Well it was produced by Seth Rogen also, so that explains things.

I haven't seen the Preacher TV show, but it's a good approach because it allows the show to be faithful to the spirit of the comics and not the letter.

Ultimately, Kripke is setting things so that it follows the end of the comics but it's taking a different method to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I still think that spoilers:
    Black Noir is Soldier Boy
    end of spoilers myself
    I was thinking that aswell but now spoilers:
    I’m thinking Black Noir some how related to Edgar maybe his son or nephew or brother or clone or etc
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Well it was produced by Seth Rogen also, so that explains things.

I haven't seen the Preacher TV show, but it's a good approach because it allows the show to be faithful to the spirit of the comics and not the letter.

Ultimately, Kripke is setting things so that it follows the end of the comics but it's taking a different method to get there.
    The first two seasons here(and the first season in Preacher...) sort of functioning as a prequel to the comics.

It's starting to look like the team that we start the comics with could be about what the "Television..." team is in when we get to the start of season three.

That said, it worked a bit better here than it did there.

Well, it looks like they might actually be completely departing from the comics...

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/...nder-season-3/

The Boys Showrunner Teases Supernatural's Jensen Ackles Will Be Worse Than Homelander in Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post

As for the show, I still just can't suspend disbelief when it comes to Butcher/MM/Frenchie/Hughie not being half past dead when they come up against any supe.

They make Sam and Dean Winchester look like Charlie Brown trying to kick a football.
    "Any Supe" Nah. They are believable going up against superpowered people, The Seven on the other hand is a different story with Noir, Maeve,A-Train, Homelander and Stormfront being hard to believe. But they haven't been a situation yet where overpower a super(on that level) they have always had help and about speaking that

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Yeah, them surviving Stormfront's attack long enough for the Girl Power Trio to get on her seemed improbable to say the least. The Trio should have been avenging corpses.
    Starlight and Kimiko were there the entire time, So what you are saying doesn't match up. In fact Starlight aka Miss "I turn electricity in energy" should realistically been a horrible match for Stormfront who kept using electricity on and around her.

As for the finale it is little bit of disappointment in a way to me because it was pretty safe but considering that the show has gotten popular now. The kinda soft reset because they have time to do what they want makes choices understandable. It was a weird route to get to almost the comic set up of the boys but it is interesting now they can do a "super of the week where they boys have deal with a new super" set up if they wanted. It was small worry that show was dependant on Homelander to be the bad guy but now they can do other threats as well.It is also interesting that show is in completely new grounds with AoC character and Black Noir ,It is nice that people who follow the comics have no idea what is going to happen.

Lastly compound V is 5 million per dosage feels kinda cheap