Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fridays View Post
    Season 3 has been okay so far, not as good as the first two and in a moment of pure honesty, I am very grossed out by the sex scenes of season 3. Very very grossed out. I had to forward most of the sex scenes in episode 6.

Usually I don't mind and even welcome sex scenes in TV shows but The Boys have taken things way too far that it has become distracting and almost kind of immoral to watch.
    You got to be trolling with this …😂😂

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    He's now immune to Halothane, so I guess he picked up a tolerance to the various stuff the Russians exposed him too...

But what did *they* gain? Who knows. It would be interesting to learn that they synthesized a weaker version of Compound V from his blood. Or came up with a means to counter supes, which is where his power to generate a chest-blast that shuts down other supes came from? (Since that doesn't seem to be part of his original powerset.)

Then again, the existence of Ryan, and his Homelander-lite powers, suggests that they could have just harvested Soldier Boy's 'soldiers' and knocked up dozens, or hundreds, of women with them, to create their own secret army of bastard supes (hopefully raised a little more 'under control' than Homelander himself was...).
    He might not be immune so much as have a much higher tolerance for it.

A grenade in an open area isn't the same as having a mask strapped to his face

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I have to wonder why Vought would turn Soldier Boy over in the first place. What was the point there, an arms race?
    While this is just a wild guess...

spoilers:
    Soldier Boy was taken off of the board because he will wind up being where the "Male..." half of Homerlander's genetic material came from. You replace a Soldier Boy who is clearly an issue with a potentially "Ballpark..." level super.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    While this is just a wild guess...
    Yeah, I was thinking the same thing in terms of genetics, but not necessarily for why Vought betrayed SB.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Yeah, I was thinking the same thing in terms of genetics, but not necessarily for why Vought betrayed SB.
    Seems like it would also explain...

spoilers:
    Homelander being attracted to Stormfront. If Soldier Boy is the "Male..." half of his genetic material? His being drawn to the exact same woman that his "Father..." was decades before? Fits together like a set of jigsaw puzzle pieces.
    end of spoilers

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I have to wonder why Vought would turn Soldier Boy over in the first place. What was the point there, an arms race?
    Soldier Boy's immortality was a problem for Vought. Supes who can't die could be problematic. The Russians experimenting on him were looking for a way to kill him.

The organic way for this season to end would be to finish Homelander as he has become such a psychotic villain. But they are renewed for season 4 and these shows tend to keep their big villains till the end. Especially if they are a main cast member. Likewise we know Maive is not dead.

But here is a question, Soldier Boy is obviously Captain America, created at the beginning of WWII. (And Stormfront for the Nazis) We have seen the Payback team in the 80s, so were there any heroes between the 40s and the 70s-80s. When did Vought start making supes in bulk?

A silly aside. Homelander smells Edgar's blood pressure? Wha? Blood pressure has to be measured by constricting and then relaxing a blood vessel, it is not a constant like a heartbeat that can just be observed. Even if he had grabbed his arm to squeeze an artery, it's not like he can know what the internal pressure is when he hears a beat. And smells?!?
    Last edited by Kirby101; 06-27-2022 at 08:59 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Well, watching the scene again, Homelander just says Edgar's blood pressure, doesn't use the world smell once. I assumed it was an X-ray vision trick of some sort.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Well, watching the scene again, Homelander just says Edgar's blood pressure, doesn't use the world smell once. I assumed it was an X-ray vision trick of some sort.
    Guess I read it somewhere. Still doesn't make sense, not how blood pressure works. But as I said, a minor aside.

Now can we talk about two energy beams blocking each other.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Soldier Boy to Homelander "I AM your father!"
    Hail Hydra!

Quote Originally Posted by tv horror View Post
    Soldier Boy to Homelander "I AM your father!"
    I'm looking forward to finding out that Stormfront (did she have a name?) was his mother. She's my lover, she's my mother, she's my lover *and* my mother!!!

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'm looking forward to finding out that Stormfront (did she have a name?) was his mother. She's my lover, she's my mother, she's my lover *and* my mother!!!
    While that possibility had not even hit me?

That would be a pretty solid way to push Homelander all the way over the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    While that possibility had not even hit me?

That would be a pretty solid way to push Homelander all the way over the edge.
    Wait, he isn't over the edge now?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Wait, he isn't over the edge now?
    He's not full Kid Miracleman ...yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Guess I read it somewhere. Still doesn't make sense, not how blood pressure works.
    In every comic book I've ever read where the hero can tell someone's blood pressure they doing it via super-hearing (see, eg. Daredevil).

No reason not to assume Homelander wasn't listening to Stan's Korotkoff sounds