Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    The big thing with Butcher is he no longer had the personal tragedy motive to go after Homelander
    right. and his personality is such that there was no going back. he left his team behind. he provoked a confrontation with Homelander. that (hating superhumans) had been his life up until that point. there was nowhere left to go.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Apparently. Hope Homelander saved the kid, although knowing the kind of person he I somehow doubt he did.

All in all, I really loved. After the Netflix stuff and Swamp Thing, this is probably my favorite comic related tv series so far.
    Homelander is the one who put that kid in danger. I doubt he would have saved him.

Started watching this Sunday night.

I’ll read the thread more carefully once I’ve seen all series...but must say my initial impression of series is very favourable.

I like the fact there are clear differences in story line from the comics, and think one good change is that the Boys here don’t seem to have taken compound V themselves (as they did in comics)...so have to rely more on cunning and ingenuity when taking on the Supes.

Miss Terror though...though suppose excluding him is logical, nightmare to work with kids and animals on TV shows.

3 Eps in and I am really liking it. Especially Urban. Is that his real Kiwi accent? Never read the books because I didn't care for the Robertson art. (just personal taste).
    When I looked at some of the pages online, it's funny that Hughie looks like Simon Pegg.

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    3 Eps in and I am really liking it. Especially Urban. Is that his real Kiwi accent? Never read the books because I didn't care for the Robertson art. (just personal taste).
    When I looked at some of the pages online, it's funny that Hughie looks like Simon Pegg.
    He was based on Simon Pegg. That's why he's playing his father in the show.

Makes sense. That's pretty cool. Almost a Sam Jackson Nick Fury thing.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    The big thing with Butcher is he no longer had the personal tragedy motive to go after Homelander
    Completely agree here.

The thing about "Comics" Butcher is that you see the event that sent an already troubled Butcher all the way off of the rails.

Here, I'm just not sure where they will take things.

Extraordinary Member

I thought the last 3 episodes saved the series. But the Boys especially Butcher who detonates a bomb a few feet from a baby are no better than the heroes they're hunting maybe even worse. I really don't like the "everybody's a pos" theme, shock value for shock value's sake stuff.. You can tell this from the 2000's comic era.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    I thought the last 3 episodes saved the series. But the Boys especially Butcher who detonates a bomb a few feet from a baby are no better than the heroes they're hunting maybe even worse. I really don't like the "everybody's a pos" theme, shock value for shock value's sake stuff.. You can tell this from the 2000's comic era.
    Well it's basically a bunch of privileged establishment a-holes vs a bunch of terrorist a-holes. The establishment types have been corrupted by privilege and the need to be ruthless in order to keep that privilege. And the terrorists have been corrupted all the deviousness and ruthlessness they've needed to adopt to have any chance of hurting the entrenched establishment types.

Indeed, the story is basically about how easily corrupted humans are, both by privilege, and the absolute desperate absence of privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    I still think Homelander is worse. He the baby in that situation in the first place and he's killed far more children than Butcher did in that moment. Butcher had nowhere to go at that point.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I still think Homelander is worse. He the baby in that situation in the first place and he's killed far more children than Butcher did in that moment. Butcher had nowhere to go at that point.
    Nah there is no redeeming Butcher in that instance. You lost just die. He choose to take out a baby. He is no better than Homelander. And I hope season 2 explores that. Its an actually interesting dynamic. If you juxtapose why Homelander is the way he is. He was raised as a lab experiment. He knew it. He wasn't nurtured and given boundaries and love. He was always told he can do whatever he wants. So did he rape Butcher's wife yes he did and he did a million other horrible things.

But Butcher, is no better, hes not righteous. He doesn't give a **** about defending other people or innocents. He only wants revenge. Thats why the final scenes were so powerful. You turned into a baby killing monster yourself for revenge. He left his friends that came to his cause to be captured, tortured, killed he didnt care. And what was it all for in the end? After the final scenes with him and Homelander, now what?
    Last edited by kidfresh512; 07-31-2019 at 06:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Nah there is no redeeming Butcher in that instance. You lost just die. He choose to take out a baby. He is no better than Homelander. And I hope season 2 explores that. Its an actually interesting dynamic. If you juxtapose why Homelander is the way he is. He was raised as a lab experiment. He knew it. He wasn't nurtured and given boundaries and love. He was always told he can do whatever he wants. So did he rape Butcher's wife yes he did and he did a million other horrible things.

But Butcher, is no better, hes not righteous. He doesn't give a **** about defending other people or innocents. He only wants revenge. Thats why the final scenes were so powerful. You turned into a baby killing monster yourself for revenge. He left his friends that came to his cause to be captured, tortured, killed he didnt care. And what was it all for in the end? After the final scenes with him and Homelander, now what?
    He clearly expected to die when he blow up the bomb. He was a dead man anyway weather the baby was there or not.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    He clearly expected to die when he blow up the bomb. He was a dead man anyway weather the baby was there or not.
    Like I said a good man a decent man would just die. Let Homelander kill you, shoot yourself whatever. You don't also take out a freaking baby. He didn't expect to be saved. He made a choice to blow up an innocent child.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post

did he rape her? i don't know that it was made clear by the video footage.

I think it was filmed with deliberate ambiguity. She looked more like she was just walking away from an embarrassing fling. Then again, she might have just been very focused on trying to retain her dignity after being raped. There's enough leeway with the scene that they can play it either way next season.