Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I loved the season. Although I think the carnage that both the Supes and the Boys inflict is too much and there’s practically no way they’d be able to get away with it all..after all this time. I find it very hard to believe that Vought wouldn’t have developed other Supes to keep the 7 in check or the complete absence of a superhero failsafe developed by the government.

Queen Maeve seems to be almost as strong as Homelander. She straight up took the heat vision to her chest before she blocked it with her bracelet. She even damaged his ear. Definitely one of the highlights of the season.

Soldier Boy is a POS through and through. The man wanted to kill his son and grandson.

Homelander talking down the remaining members of the 7 and asking Ashley to remove her wig was chilling. I will say I don’t really see the point of everything Black Noir did only to get his guts pulled out.

The series has done an excellent job of showing how demented and intimidating Homelander. From the use of camera angles to make him look taller to subtle light focuses on his face, Antony Starr is just downright terrifying in that role.

Seeing as Butcher is dying, I hope that next season is the last. Given everything that’s happened, I can’t imagine the series going on for much longer.
    I assume the next season will be the last. They do have a spinoff in the works however. Not sure how that will turn out.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I loved the season. Although I think the carnage that both the Supes and the Boys inflict is too much and there’s practically no way they’d be able to get away with it all..after all this time. I find it very hard to believe that Vought wouldn’t have developed other Supes to keep the 7 in check or the complete absence of a superhero failsafe developed by the government.

Queen Maeve seems to be almost as strong as Homelander. She straight up took the heat vision to her chest before she blocked it with her bracelet. She even damaged his ear. Definitely one of the highlights of the season.

Soldier Boy is a POS through and through. The man wanted to kill his son and grandson.

Homelander talking down the remaining members of the 7 and asking Ashley to remove her wig was chilling. I will say I don’t really see the point of everything Black Noir did only to get his guts pulled out.

The series has done an excellent job of showing how demented and intimidating Homelander. From the use of camera angles to make him look taller to subtle light focuses on his face, Antony Starr is just downright terrifying in that role.

Seeing as Butcher is dying, I hope that next season is the last. Given everything that’s happened, I can’t imagine the series going on for much longer.
    Maeve and Noir this season wound up sort of amounting to spins of their final fates in the comics.

Not exactly "Apples..."/"Apples...", but close enough that there was some of the comics in the show.

Extraordinary Member

The Boys Showrunner Has Plans For At Least 5 Seasons
    https://screenrant.com/boys-show-pla...kripke-future/

The Boys Showrunner Thinks Five Seasons Is a Good Run for the Series
    While an official ending date for The Boys hasn't been announced, showrunner Eric Kripke believes five seasons might be a good stopping point.
    https://www.cbr.com/the-boys-showrun...easons-series/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I doubt this. I think the point of him having the vial was so he could make a choice between saving Starlight or helping her and he chose to support rather than take the V. To me that storyline seems wrapped up, especially given his speech about how his dad really was strong after all.
    Well you never know with this show I wouldn't be surprised if he and Butcher find a healer in season 4 who they keep forcing to heal them while they still keep using temp-v.I just don't see them getting off it that fast.Butcher dying is just hype, guy ain't going nowhere.

Astonishing Member

I really felt bad for Noir, yes he is a bad guy ,but what a hopelessly tragic character.. Disfigured,mute,abused,lonely and taken out for not telling a psychopath, he had an equally unhinged 'dad'

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I really felt bad for Noir, yes he is a bad guy ,but what a hopelessly tragic character.. Disfigured,mute,abused,lonely and taken out for not telling a psychopath, he had an equally unhinged 'dad'
    Well, that he also betrayed that dad and was a big part of Homelander never knowing his father. Noir was right to be quiet about that.

One thing I hope the show deals with is what about all that V? (temp or otherwise) I don't imagine they're still running their baby-dosing operation, and it's still not stable on adults, yet Vought still has a lot of it. And what will Homelander (as head of Vought) now choose to do with it? I don't imagine he likes the idea of spreading a product that was created to make him less important and special. It would make sense for Homelander to simply destroy all Compound V and forbid any more being made. I also guess the story has moved beyond its importance, thought it would be a shame to lose it as a story device on the show.

Starlights powers is an absolute joke just like that finale was.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Ultimate Member

Well, that he also betrayed that dad and was a big part of Homelander never knowing his father. Noir was right to be quiet about that.

One thing I hope the show deals with is what about all that V? (temp or otherwise) I don't imagine they're still running their baby-dosing operation, and it's still not stable on adults, yet Vought still has a lot of it. And what will Homelander (as head of Vought) now choose to do with it? I don't imagine he likes the idea of spreading a product that was created to make him less important and special. It would make sense for Homelander to simply destroy all Compound V and forbid any more being made. I also guess the story has moved beyond its importance, thought it would be a shame to lose it as a story device on the show.
    At this point, unless Homelander wants to go full on Injustice, V should logically be out of his hands.

Hughie and Butcher fought him to a stalemate. The US government now has a weapon they can mass produce, and use to win a war against Homelander, if only through attrition. I can't see anyone in government giving that up. You'd have to figure that Mallory would be mass producing it now.

But then, this series only really concerns itself with the celebrity part of superheroes, so we'll see

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Remember back in season 1 when Homelander gave compound V to terrorists to manufacture supervillains in an attempt to sweeten the deal on Vought receiving government support and authorizing supers for military use? I don't think he cares about staying special.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Remember back in season 1 when Homelander gave compound V to terrorists to manufacture supervillains in an attempt to sweeten the deal on Vought receiving government support and authorizing supers for military use? I don't think he cares about staying special.
    But that plan was to ensure that the 7 would be special - that the government would need them to fight the terrorists. It doesn't make as much sense that he'd want the U.S. to have it. I was under the impression that the deal for v24 hadn't gone through before Edgar was removed from power - was it? I don't recall.

Thoughts on #theboys season 3 finale. Spoilers follow ...

1. Butcher's biggest mistake (from earlier in the season) came back to bite him at the worst possible moment.

Butcher rejecting Ryan left Ryan wide open to be drawn into Homelander's reach, should Homelander ever find him. Butcher was short-sighted, unnecessarily cruel, and self-sabotaging all in one fell swoop. I don't blame Ryan in the slightest for clinging to a welcoming Homelander after Butcher kicked Ryan to the curb. Butcher is a big dummy.

2. I'm glad Hughie figured out a way to help Starlight without taking more Temp V.

I appreciated him realizing what an utter dick he had been, not just with Starlight but also with his own dad. I don't want to see him regress next season.

3. Queen Maeve had probably her best episode as a send-off.

She freed herself from captivity, took on Homelander (albeit after betraying The Boys), and made the sacrifice play to lose her powers to stop Soldier Boy. And got her happy ending with her girlfriend.

4. Black Noir, otoh, had his worst showing as a send-off.

I kinda suspected BN was a goner before this episode (his arc was clearly wrapping up at this point). Still, I thought it would be at the hands of Soldier Boy in all-out battle, not at Homelander's hand for lying to him. Sad to see the cartoon animals say goodbye.

5. Mother's Milk got a decent amount of revenge against Soldier Boy, being the one who forcibly got the nerve-gas mask on him and utter the denouement on his enemy. And the scene with his daughter was great.

6. No one better ever call Starlight a Mary Sue.

Like, ever. She earned everything onscreen. Everything about her role and abilities was laid out up to this point. She is a badass, full-stop. And full-fledged member of The Boys.

7. I hope the relationship Kimiko and Frenchie goes somewhere.

I'm biased: I ship the hell out of those two. Loved Frenchie standing up to Butcher.

8. Not sure who's still left in The Seven anymore.

Right now, it's Homelander, A-Train, and The Deep. No Maeve, no Starlight, no Black Noir, etc. Season 4 will definitely have some new superhero boots to fill on that squad.

9. Homelander committing murder in broad daylight and getting cheered for it (first by ToddTheWorst) and then watching Ryan's face go from neutral to creepy smile was saddening. The kid is giving off big Anakin vibes.

10. Is Victoria Newman as big a threat as Homelander now?

She obviously can't end civilization as easily as Homelander could, but she does have more resources at her disposal. I predict Season 4 opens with Victoria as the new VP (and then, in short order, the next POTUS).

Bottom line: It feels like Evil Won.

Yeah, Soldier Boy is back in his cryogenic box. Hats off to Jensen Ackles for a great villain turn this season.

But Homelander got his son's love and this will make him and his son a much more formidable antagonist combo. Butcher really fucked this up and now Ryan is being seduced by the power of the dark side. All of which could have been avoided if Butcher had not abandoned Ryan.

Grade: 8/10

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post

Right now, it's Homelander, A-Train, and The Deep. No Maeve, no Starlight, no Black Noir, etc. Season 4 will definitely have some new superhero boots to fill on that squad.

Minor spoilers for next season that I tripped over a day or so back...

(Seriously, don't read this if you want to hear about it once they start letting folks know about next season...)

spoilers:
    Someone else will be on The Seven in Black Noir's suit come next season. Guess it could eventually be a curve ball, but it seemed on the level.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Thoughts on #theboys season 3 finale. Spoilers follow ...

1. Butcher's biggest mistake (from earlier in the season) came back to bite him at the worst possible moment.

Butcher rejecting Ryan left Ryan wide open to be drawn into Homelander's reach, should Homelander ever find him. Butcher was short-sighted, unnecessarily cruel, and self-sabotaging all in one fell swoop. I don't blame Ryan in the slightest for clinging to a welcoming Homelander after Butcher kicked Ryan to the curb. Butcher is a big dummy.

2. I'm glad Hughie figured out a way to help Starlight without taking more Temp V.

I appreciated him realizing what an utter dick he had been, not just with Starlight but also with his own dad. I don't want to see him regress next season.

3. Queen Maeve had probably her best episode as a send-off.

She freed herself from captivity, took on Homelander (albeit after betraying The Boys), and made the sacrifice play to lose her powers to stop Soldier Boy. And got her happy ending with her girlfriend.

4. Black Noir, otoh, had his worst showing as a send-off.

I kinda suspected BN was a goner before this episode (his arc was clearly wrapping up at this point). Still, I thought it would be at the hands of Soldier Boy in all-out battle, not at Homelander's hand for lying to him. Sad to see the cartoon animals say goodbye.

5. Mother's Milk got a decent amount of revenge against Soldier Boy, being the one who forcibly got the nerve-gas mask on him and utter the denouement on his enemy. And the scene with his daughter was great.

6. No one better ever call Starlight a Mary Sue.

Like, ever. She earned everything onscreen. Everything about her role and abilities was laid out up to this point. She is a badass, full-stop. And full-fledged member of The Boys.

7. I hope the relationship Kimiko and Frenchie goes somewhere.

I'm biased: I ship the hell out of those two. Loved Frenchie standing up to Butcher.

9. Homelander committing murder in broad daylight and getting cheered for it (first by ToddTheWorst) and then watching Ryan's face go from neutral to creepy smile was saddening. The kid is giving off big Anakin vibes.

10. Is Victoria Newman as big a threat as Homelander now?

She obviously can't end civilization as easily as Homelander could, but she does have more resources at her disposal. I predict Season 4 opens with Victoria as the new VP (and then, in short order, the next POTUS).

Bottom line: It feels like Evil Won.

Yeah, Soldier Boy is back in his cryogenic box. Hats off to Jensen Ackles for a great villain turn this season.

But Homelander got his son's love and this will make him and his son a much more formidable antagonist combo. Butcher really fucked this up and now Ryan is being seduced by the power of the dark side. All of which could have been avoided if Butcher had not abandoned Ryan.

Grade: 8/10
    Not Anakin vibes..more like Damien Thorn vibes at the end of the first movie, which with Kripke being the 'Supernatural' mastermind was obviously intentional or a nod.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    The Boys Showrunner Has Plans For At Least 5 Seasons
    https://screenrant.com/boys-show-pla...kripke-future/

The Boys Showrunner Thinks Five Seasons Is a Good Run for the Series
    While an official ending date for The Boys hasn't been announced, showrunner Eric Kripke believes five seasons might be a good stopping point.
    https://www.cbr.com/the-boys-showrun...easons-series/
    Five seasons seems about right. Kripke wanted that for Supernatural, but then producers came behind him after his 5 year tenure extending the show all the way to 15 years. Wonder if history will repeat itself or if its 5 and done? Guess we'll see.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Five seasons seems about right. Kripke wanted that for Supernatural, but then producers came behind him after his 5 year tenure extending the show all the way to 15 years. Wonder if history will repeat itself or if its 5 and done? Guess we'll see.
    No way, there is just no way to get 10 plus seasons out of the Boys.It will kill the show imo.The best one can hope for is another 3 seasons so 6 seasons total tops. For that to happen Mallory and Edgar have to be brought into play with much bigger roles and plans, maybe also reveal Maeve finds out she's pregnant by Butcher on temp-v creating a unique child. It can be done ,but it has to be organic without taking away from the plot points in season 3. Hughey being addicted to temp v would still be an interesting plot point if he finds himself a friend who can drain off the v from him or keep healing him despite using. Definitely another 3 seasons are possible,but not beyond.