I was gonna post this over in Box Office bust thread. But its clear that this didn't fit. But in 2019 ...Walt Disney has literally won the box office crown and its only 6 months in. How much did Disney dominate this year ? Well folks I'll add it up and it expands beyond the all-time world wide record holder "Avengers : Endgame" right now.

- Disney released Avengers : Endgame , Aladdin , Captain Marvel and Lion King this past year. 2 of those films are currently running still. One is a sure bet to cross a $1+ billion mark in a few days (Lion King) to catch the others. All together right now those 4 films worldwide has grossed $5.8+ billion. Now 2 of them will likely bump the totals to $6+ billion by the time its over with.

- Even the other $1+ billion film "Spider-Man : Far from Home" got help from Disney with Marvel films helping Sony. This film will likely become Sony's all-time worldwide studio earner (passing Skyfall) and makes it a no brainer that they will renew the deal there.

- Domestically if you check the chart ...Disney has the 1st top 5 domestic earning films thus far. Endgame , Captain Marvel , Toy Story 4 , Lion King and Aladdin. The films all domestically have done so well that its remote another film could pass them right now.

- Factoring in Fox as a studio after the purchase has went through they have 7 films in the top earning films domestically of 2019.

At this point Disney still has more ahead as well for 2019. Counting Fox these are the major releases ahead. The Disney releases will be in stars.

The Art of Racing in the Rain
Ready or Not
Ad Astra
The Woman in the Window
Maleficent : Mistress of Evil*
Ford vs Ferrari
Frozen 2*
Star Wars IX : Rise of Skywalker*
Spies in Disguise

Now beyond Frozen 2 and Star Wars episode IX coming out , I doubt the others do huge numbers. But overall it will add to Disney's box office dominance this year. Frozen 2 and Star Wars could add each $1+ billion apiece to earnings for Disney bumping them around $7-9 billion at box office between just a few films. Not counting what the others do for them from Fox etc.

In all Disney has won this year and its scary just how many BIG films they put through in 2019 and the year isn't even over for them yet.