Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Starlight vs Buffy

Buffy vs Starlight(live-action version) without using Starlight's light

I think she can blind buffy and just keep shooting that beam of her till buffy stops moving?

Buffy could probably beat her in hand to hand, but her powers are abit too much i think..

Who's starlight?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Who's starlight?
    From amazon prime's new tv show based on a comicbook, The Boys.

Highly recommended if you have amazon prime.

^ I second that recommendation. It's a great show.

!!!POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

They're about even. Starlight and Buffy have comparable levels of strength. Buffy has superior fighting skills; Starlight is more durable*. Starlight's blinding glow would've given her the advantage, but since it's been removed from the fight, I'm leaning towards Buffy.

* Starlight took two consecutive shots to the chest by a high-caliber rifle. Granted, it knocked the wind out of her but she recovered without taking damage.

* Starlight took two consecutive shots to the chest by a high-caliber rifle. Granted, it knocked the wind out of her but she recovered without taking damage.
    If it didn't even pierce her skin, that's a loot of durability for Buffy to have to get through.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    If it didn't even pierce her skin, that's a loot of durability for Buffy to have to get through.
    Yeah, but Buffy can like, kill a HIPPO bare handed. Or sumthin. :P
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

oh i didn't see her light ability was disabled for this fight...and i forgot the high powered rifle shots she took...

still, A-train the speedster took her out just by shoving her at high speed if i remember correctly.

yea:

Last edited by Oswin; 07-29-2019 at 01:05 AM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

That's not actually just 'shoving' her. That's shoving her at speeds where basically the world is frozen around A-Train for an extended period of time.

Such things aren't really 'shoves'. They're more like 'ultra-high-speed impacts'.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    oh i didn't see her light ability was disabled for this fight...and i forgot the high powered rifle shots she took...

still, A-train the speedster took her out just by shoving her at high speed if i remember correctly.

yea:

How fast was he going there anyway?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    That's not actually just 'shoving' her. That's shoving her at speeds where basically the world is frozen around A-Train for an extended period of time.

Such things aren't really 'shoves'. They're more like 'ultra-high-speed impacts'.
    It should also be noted that A-Train can splatter normies just by running into them. The man hits hard.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    How fast was he going there anyway?
    Fast enough that all of that stuff flying through the air -- and the characters -- was basically frozen for the entire time he was running around.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    It should also be noted that A-Train can splatter normies just by running into them. The man hits hard.
    That's pretty much the point. She might be able to take a bullet in the chest and get knocked down, but a bullet moving at mach speed doesn't NEARLY carry the same force and momentum as a man moving at mach speed. Like, by multiple orders of magnitude. A .50 BMG round (pretty much one of the biggest 'bullets' around, after which we start getting into 'cannon shells') is ~about~ 1/10 of a pound, a man might weigh 200 lbs, all of which means the man carries about 2000 times the momentum and force while moving at the same speed.

The PRESSURE is different - the bullet's energy and momentum is concentrated around a tiny little tip, allowing it to penetrate stuff better - but we're talking about force and momentum. So, Ka-bam, this speedster hits someone who can be knocked to the ground by a bullet weighing far less than a .50 BMG round, while moving at the same speed as the round that hit her, and she's getting whalloped. Concussion, busted bones, damaged organs, you name it. His hands aren't punching 'through' her, because she's clearly quite durable, but he's still wrecking her something fierce.

Now, he wasn't 'running' into her, so it's not the same level. But leaning as he did, thrusting out his hands, he's using some of his mass; not all of his body weight, but certainly some of it is going into that 'shove'. So he's clearly not getting '2000 times the force of a bullet' or whatever, but he's getting a lot more than said bullet has.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

A-Train is no joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post

Agreed! i phrased it wrong. but it doesnt look like it was a hard impact as she kinda just flew in the air abit. Not like she got slammed into a wall.
    In her defense, it also didnt really take her out.

I get you.

I'm just saying, the force is interacting with her at such speeds that while from his perspective it looks like a shove, it's really a massively fast and powerful impact.
    Why are we here?