Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default GA Gentleman Ghost (James "Gentleman Jim" Craddock) Appreciation 2021

First appearance = Flash Comics #88 (October 1947)
    but the story was also later reprinted in Secret Origins #1 (February-March 1973)

And from Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe Vol. IX (November 1985),

Second appearance = Flash Comics #90 (December 1947) and later reprinted in Wanted: The World's Most Dangerous Villains #7 (March-April 1973):

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

My favorite Hawkman villain! The cool thing about this character is that his look really hasn't changed since his debut almost 80 years ago!
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

My first Gentleman Ghost story was in BATMAN #310.

310Batman.jpg

Gentleman Ghost appears in Batman: The Detective #1.

Though it may be hard to recognize him.

He was a lot of fun in the BATB cartoon.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I was first introduced to the Ghost of Gentleman Jim on the Super Friends cartoon and have loved him ever since. His appearances on Justice League Unlimited and Brave & the Bold were great too.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I was first introduced to the Ghost of Gentleman Jim on the Super Friends cartoon and have loved him ever since. His appearances on Justice League Unlimited and Brave & the Bold were great too.
    I love him. He seems like one of those villains that would be a perfect rogue against any hero. Like Deathstroke or Vandal Savage.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I think you most likely just identified the possible source as to why I love the character. It must have been from watching re runs of the Super friends...though maybe I was older and saw him in an old Batman comic.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Probably my favorite Hawkman villain. He's not the most threatening, not usually, but damn if he's not fun.

I love him. He's such a troll. I think the original gimmick where you couldn't tell if he was a real ghost or someone just pretending to be one worked really well.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I love him. He's such a troll. I think the original gimmick where you couldn't tell if he was a real ghost or someone just pretending to be one worked really well.
    Yes! Yesity Yes Yes Yes!

Genuine Ghost is cool, but Is He Or Ain't He is extra fun.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Joe Kubert Cover.

AtomHawkman44.jpg

He appeared again in Flash Comics #92 (February 1948),
    and that adventure was later reprinted in Detective Comics #439 (February-March 1974):

To be continued . . .

Incredible Member

Always loved my first introduction to him in JLU: "Mind the Ion-Drive, that's delicate equipment!"