Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Default Favorite C list Superheroes and what should be done with them.

Fire and Ice: have them be globetrotting heroes for hire. Their whole gimmick has icon potential yet they are stuck being background characters. Or better yet you can team them up with Red tornado and Geoforce, and have team based on the four elements.

Artemis. Needs to bring the Outsiders back or make a WW team book. At least she’s showing up in more books though (yay!)

Also is Powergirl C list now? I barley see her anymore.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Kinda tricky to say Powergirl is a c list. She is still very recognizable altough yeah very few appereances recently

Incredible Member

This is pretty much where we are with Power Girl. The best hope for her would be that she
    makes it into a JSA book. I don't have much hope that such a book is going to appear, but if
    it did, she would show up there. If Power Girl didn't show up in a JSA book that would probably
    mean she is probably lower than a C list superhero.

The Helena Wayne Huntress probably sadly belongs on this list. She is appearing from time to
    time, but it doesn't seem to lead anywhere. I think both women make for very interesting
    characters, but they both seem trapped by the need of other characters to have a clear field.
    Don't want to "confuse" anyone with their presence.

I'd just be satisficed with a Jonah Hex Black Label book.

Damage Damage Damage dammit.
    One of the few good things to come out of the New Age of Heroes, and a DC Hulk expy that doesn’t suck. So much potential to explore different corners of the DCU.
    Damage wrecking Waller’s Suicide Squad. Again!
    Damage in Skartaris. Warlord!
    Damage captured by Cadmus. Guardian!
    Damage enters a spooky old house. Cain!
    Damage lost in the Arctic. Fortress of Solitude!
    Damage banished to The Shadowlands. Shade!
    Damage in space. Captain Comet! GLs! Omega Men! ETC!
    Damage trying to get home from space. Space Cabbie!
    Damage time travels. Rip Hunter! Kamandi! Anthro!
    Damage dimension hops. Amethyst!
    Damage tempted by the Dark Side. Brother Blood!
    Damage meets Grant Emerson Damage. JSA!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RobinGA View Post
    This is pretty much where we are with Power Girl. The best hope for her would be that she
    makes it into a JSA book. I don't have much hope that such a book is going to appear, but if
    it did, she would show up there. If Power Girl didn't show up in a JSA book that would probably
    mean she is probably lower than a C list superhero.

The Helena Wayne Huntress probably sadly belongs on this list. She is appearing from time to
    time, but it doesn't seem to lead anywhere. I think both women make for very interesting
    characters, but they both seem trapped by the need of other characters to have a clear field.
    Don't want to "confuse" anyone with their presence.
    Leaving aside the question of what list PG belongs to, what should be done with her? Lot's of possibilities. At the minimum, back as leader of the JSA on a JSA title. Better would be that and one or two others. Either another solo title for her, or perhaps another duo title, but rather than Huntress, why not Wonder Woman, a character she wouldn't just render superfluous by her very presence, and one who could contrast nicely with her while offering plenty of story opportunities, and the chance to force each of them into the other's world?

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    Kinda tricky to say Powergirl is a c list. She is still very recognizable altough yeah very few appereances recently
    She became that nearly the minute they decided to undo Supergirl's PreCrisis death and the coffin was slammed shut the moment the mopey IC revelation came.

I still love Kara (yes I still call her that) and hope she survives....whatever it is that is going on, whether it be as her old kit or as Powerhouse

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

....I think that Vixen is a glorified C-lister who gets spurts here and there. She needs to be pushed way more as the powerhouse she is. Like the big push they gave to Cyborg in JL, they need to do the same with her. Have her feature more in a leading role in DTVs and of course a live action movie.

Incredible Member

Thank God I am not the only one who thinks calling Kara that "Karen" name is ridiculous for Power Girl.
    As a teacher, I can tell you that Kara is definitely gaining in popularity with parents. It is more likely around
    here to have someone named Kara than Karen. But I know this is probably a technical point.

I would say that it is hard to see Power Girl and Wonder Woman hanging out for too long. Their personalities
    are very much oil and water. But maybe that would be the attraction of the book.

I do think that a Power Girl could be a major book. I just don't have a lot of optimism for it right now. But what
    it would be would be a book that put an emphasis on her sense of humor, eclectic style, one which
    explored being a Kryptonian on our planet. Her interactions with Clark and the Kent's could be interesting,
    because at least the old Earth-2 version of the character had a grievance. That would be interesting to see
    worked out. Typically, family dynamics become something that happens, then the consequences get smoothed over.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Where's my Ambush Bug Black Label book, dammit?! Or a grim and gritty Mazin' Man killing criminals.
    Assassinate Putin!

Night and Moon

A miniseries starring Nightshade and the Enchantress.

Children of Atlantis

A series starring Jackson Hyde, Neptune, Lorena Marquez, Koryak, Lagoon Boy and Tsunami.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Andrew Bennett, New 52 I Vampire version. Just keep being shirtless, drawn by Andrea Sorentino, and fight vampires all over the world and the equally shirtless and buff Cain The First Vampire. Bring in Lucifer and if you can make him look like the TV show version, plus various vampire hunters it will be swell. Please and thank you.

Tim Drake should be gay

BANNED

I like Ice a lot, too. She would be a fun character to do comics about. There aren't too many DC characters I'd want to work on, but she is actually one I wouldn't mind doing. I don't have anything particularly in mind, but it would be cool if she got a miniseries.

Another character I'd really love to do is Amethyst. I think if I was ever offered any project at DC to work on, I would choose this character. I never brainstormed an idea for her, but I'd get her far away from anything to do with any kind of Wonder Comics version that appeared. I didn't dig that at all. I didn't really like the New52 Sword of Sorcery version, either, because it too edge. I don't think Amethyst needs to be childish...but in my mind it should be...uh adventure based, but also dreamy and girly and romantic. Something closer to Sailor Moon in tone. I really like protagonists like her. She seems somewhat cut from the same cloth as Alis Landale from Phantasy Star, whom I've always loved since I was tiny:

I've actually planned for a while to create a comic character that is like Amethyst in some ways (actually, I think she's a little closer to Alis), so one way or another, my vision for Amethyst will become tangible.

I also like XS. It would be cool to see her in a Legion title, though I'm glad she avoided that Bendis stuff. From what I read and saw, I didn't care for that at all.