Default Marvel to publish $500 BOX SET of X-Men reprints - LEE-KIRBY to CLAREMONT-BRYNE!

Bleeding Cool published this:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/07...-set-for-2020/

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston
    Marvel Comics to Publish a $500 X-Men Box Set For 2020

Posted by Rich Johnston July 28, 2019

On March 17th, Marvel Comics are scheduled to publish X-Men: Children Of The Atom Box Set, a $500 3,600 page collection of X-Men comics. And looks like it will contain everything from Stan and Jack to Chris and John… and maybe beyond?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Comics
    The X-Men’s complete 1960s-1970s adventures – from their very first clash with Magneto through the nightmarish “Days of Future Past”! Witness Professor X train the original X-Men -Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Beast, Angel and Iceman- to protect a world that hates and fears them! Meet classic foes including the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, the Juggernaut, the Sentinels and more – as well as new recruits Havok and Polaris! Then, the all-new, all-different X-Men arrive to change comics forever! Storm, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Banshee, Sunfire, Thunderbird and Wolverine propel the X-Men to greatness – even if not all of them survive the experience! Watch as Jean Grey is reborn as the Phoenix, the X-Men traverse the globe, Kitty Pryde debuts and mutantkind faces a frightful future – as years of epic stories from an array of legendary creators are collected in one truly uncanny box set!
    Even though the exact issue numbers aren't listed, I would guess the box set will contain X-Men 1-141 + Uncanny X-Men 142-143 + Giant-Size X-Men 1.

The press release mentions "through ... Days of Future Past," but it wouldn't make sense NOT to reprint the issue after that, which is John Byrne's final issue. That would seem like a good way to close out this box set, which I'm sure will be the first in a series.

The only question I have is that since the press release says "complete 1960s-1970s adventures," will the box set also contain the crossover appearances of the team -- everywhere from Avengers to Marvel Team-Up -- as well as the Beast's solo series from Amazing Adventures?

Right now, we're not getting any additional info about what format this box set will take. Will it be a box of single issue reprints like the True Believers or Facsimilie Edition stuff -- but for each and every individual issue -- or will it be just a collection of existing trade paperbacks (or hardcovers)?

If it's single issue reprints, would you guys get it at the $500 price tag? If it's just the existing reprint books bundled together, is this even a worthwhile endeavor on Marvel's part?
    Last edited by Comic-Reader Lad; 07-29-2019 at 01:36 AM.

No Amazing Adventures Beast reprints? Burn it all.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Will it contain all the reprint issues too?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Will it contain all the reprint issues too?
    I don't know. I'm still not sure if they are going to reprint each individual issue as a facsimilie or just box together the existing trades.

Anyone have any more details on this box set?

It's still a ways away, but for $500, we should have more details because people will have to save up for this.

We now have more details of the box set. It WON'T be facsimilies of the original issues. It'll be a bunch of hardcovers boxed together.

Also, the price is $350.00 at Amazon, who has it on sale in March 17, 2020.

https://www.amazon.com/X-Men-Childre...language=en_US

Here's Marvel's Press Release:

X-Men: Children of the Atom Box Set
    Comic store sale dale: March 4, 2020
    Bookstore sale date: March 17, 2020
    Pages: 3,600

The X-Men’s complete 1960s-1970s adventures — from their very first clash with Magneto through the nightmarish “Days of Future Past”! Witness Professor X train the original X-Men — Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Beast, Angel and Iceman — to protect a world that hates and fears them! Meet classic foes including the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, the Juggernaut, the Sentinels and more — as well as new recruits Havok and Polaris! Then, the all-new, all-different X-Men arrive to change comics forever! Storm, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Banshee, Sunfire, Thunderbird and Wolverine propel the X-Men to greatness — even if not all of them survive the experience! Watch as Jean Grey is reborn as the Phoenix, the X-Men traverse the globe, Kitty Pryde debuts and mutantkind faces a frightful future — as years of epic stories from an array of legendary creators are collected in one truly uncanny box set!

X-Men: Silver Age Vol. 1 – Gifted Youngsters Premiere Hardcover
    Pages: 400
    Collecting: X-Men #1-13, Fantastic Four #28, Fantastic Four Annual #3, Material from Tales of Suspense #49, Strange Tales #120, Journey into Mystery #109

X-Men: Silver Age Vol. 2 – Divided We Fall Premiere Hardcover
    Pages: 384
    Collecting: X-Men #14-31

X-Men: Silver Age Vol. 3 – The Torch Is Passed Premiere Hardcover
    Pages: 384
    Collecting: X-Men #32-48, Avengers #53

X-Men: Silver Age Vol. 4 – Twilight of the Mutants Premiere Hardcover
    Pages: 416
    Collecting: X-Men #49-66, Material from Ka-Zar #2-3, Marvel Tales #30

X-Men: The Lost Years Premiere Hardcover
    Pages: 400
    Collecting: Amazing Spider-Man #92, Incredible Hulk #150, Incredible Hulk #161, Incredible Hulk #172, Incredible Hulk #180-181, Amazing Adventures #11-17, Marvel Team-Up #4, Marvel Team-Up #23, Avengers #110-111, Captain America #172-175, Defenders #15-16, Giant-Size Fantastic Four #4

X-Men: Bronze Age Vol. 1 – All-New & All-Different Premiere Hardcover
    Pages: 424
    Collecting: Giant-Size X-Men #1, X-Men #94-108, Amazing Spider-Man #161-162, Marvel Team-Up #53, Marvel Team-Up Annual #1, Iron Fist #15

X-Men: Bronze Age Vol. 2 – Magneto Triumphant Premiere Hardcover
    Pages: 440
    Collecting: X-Men #109-124, X-Men Annual #3, Marvel Team-Up #69-70, Marvel Team-Up #89, Incredible Hulk Annual #7, Power Man and Iron Fist #57

X-Men: Bronze Age Vol. 3 – The Fate of the Phoenix Premiere Hardcover
    Pages: 472
    Collecting: X-Men #125-141, Uncanny X-Men #142-143, X-Men Annual #4, Marvel Two-In-One #68, Material from Marvel Treasury Edition #26-27, Marvel Team-Up #100

X-Men Companion Premiere Hardcover
    Pages: 200
    Collecting: Phoenix: The Untold Story #1, Material from Not Brand Echh #4, Not Brand Echh #8, F.O.O.M. #10, Bonus Features

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    No Amazing Adventures Beast reprints? Burn it all.
    Those issues WILL be included in the "Lost Years" hardcover.

X-Men before Giant Size is such a waste.
    They should make a box with everything CC wrote.

With Marvel lately, I'm surprised they didn't conveniently skip X-Men #49 and #50.

Though it's telling that in their description, they put Havok first even though Lorna was introduced before him. A detail I'm sure some people will dismiss as minor cause they don't realize that on its own it's fine, but combined with a thousand other things it becomes an issue.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    X-Men before Giant Size is such a waste.
    They should make a box with everything CC wrote.
    Why is X-men before giant size a waste? Are you saying that this box set is not worth getting?

Quote Originally Posted by Phd. Strange View Post
    Why is X-men before giant size a waste? Are you saying that this box set is not worth getting?
    I won't say it's not worth getting because some fans want a complete chronological compilation of stories.

But in terms of quality, what came before Giant Size X-men is not very commendable.