Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Ebon was such an entertaining villain, basically a super powered gang leader. I was surprised to find out that he was a creation of the show so not a Milestone character.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Quote Originally Posted by BBally View Post

Ebon was such an entertaining villain, basically a super powered gang leader. I was surprised to find out that he was a creation of the show so not a Milestone character.
    He really was a great villain and I would have liked for some version of him to appear in the comics.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

I was think, which do you think would be the better strategy if DC ever brought Static back into the fold; retelling his story as a teen hero but updated and/or integrated into the contemporary landscape of DC or reprinting old Milestone comics and picking up where the story left off with a older Static? It doesn't have to be like full on grown adult with a mortgage and 12 kids but I was thinking about and thought, when approaching Static it would be hard to try and recapture the magic of his stories back in the 90s and early 20s. So I figured taking an older approach could side step that, tell his story as a young adult, lean into the "black Spider-Man" angle and let his hero problems mature like the did with Peter Parker over the years. BL is in his like late 20s/early 30s, late teens to early 20s would be perfect for Static, have him run with the Titans crowd and whatnot.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I haven't read any Static comics yet so the idea that this guy was purely a creation of the show blows my mind. I remember thinking if Static has an arch nemesis it was between Ebon and Hotstreak.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    have him run with the Titans crowd and whatnot.
    What a terrible thing to say. Why would you wish such a terrible fate upon Vergil.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I was think, which do you think would be the better strategy if DC ever brought Static back into the fold; retelling his story as a teen hero but updated and/or integrated into the contemporary landscape of DC or reprinting old Milestone comics and picking up where the story left off with a older Static? It doesn't have to be like full on grown adult with a mortgage and 12 kids but I was thinking about and thought, when approaching Static it would be hard to try and recapture the magic of his stories back in the 90s and early 20s. So I figured taking an older approach could side step that, tell his story as a young adult, lean into the "black Spider-Man" angle and let his hero problems mature like the did with Peter Parker over the years. BL is in his like late 20s/early 30s, late teens to early 20s would be perfect for Static, have him run with the Titans crowd and whatnot.
    Aren't DC planning to restart Milestone at some point?
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Aren't DC planning to restart Milestone at some point?
    they've been trying to revive Milestone for years but it's on hold indefinitely until the legal battle between McDuffie estate and the people trying to revive it is settled. They announced some of the ideas they were planning but if they ever get the legal issues squared away, who knows how much of those plans they'd still go with.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by Modamy View Post
    I haven't read any Static comics yet so the idea that this guy was purely a creation of the show blows my mind. I remember thinking if Static has an arch nemesis it was between Ebon and Hotstreak.
    Hotstreak was a character from the comic and Static's arch nemisis but his name in the comic was Martin Scaponi while the show called him Francis Stone. In one story from the comic, Hotstreak returns as an enforcer for the white supremacist group "Sons of Odin" (ironic due to his preference for urban rap and slang) to disrupt a gay pride march. Also Virgil's friend Richie Foley was a originally called Rick Stone in the comics and didn't become a hero like his animated counterpart although he was shown to have an interest in science and technology and shown to be a good and talented inventor as well as a natural mechanic.

Interesting, do you happen to know any reasons for the name changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Modamy View Post
    Interesting, do you happen to know any reasons for the name changes.
    No clue, it is weird they decided to change the characters' names like that.