7 25.93%
  • Nah

18 66.67%
  • why isn't felicia dating janice

3 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    News Flash: Aunt May is almost always the least interesring character in Spider-Man. The only reasons I said almost is. 1: Peter was the most uninteresting under Dan Slott ( I always felt Slott liked Spidy but not Pete). 2: I like Marissa Tomei ( especially in My Cousin Vinny) and 3: Aunt May has had some good interactions with Doc Ock and MJ down through the years. But usually Aunt May is like Jello or Tofu: No substance and very predictable
    Overall I think Slott liked Spidey as a Superhero concept best.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    News Flash: Aunt May is almost always the least interesring character in Spider-Man. The only reasons I said almost is. 1: Peter was the most uninteresting under Dan Slott ( I always felt Slott liked Spidy but not Pete). 2: I like Marissa Tomei ( especially in My Cousin Vinny) and 3: Aunt May has had some good interactions with Doc Ock and MJ down through the years. But usually Aunt May is like Jello or Tofu: No substance and very predictable
    Agreed and I think she should be one of the less interesting characters. If we ever get to a point in Spider-man where Aunt May is one of the most interesting characters then I think we are in trouble...LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Agreed and I think she should be one of the less interesting characters. If we ever get to a point in Spider-man where Aunt May is one of the most interesting characters then I think we are in trouble...LOL.
    i honestly think she isnt needed anymore in the story feels like they did every possible story with her
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    I would argue the JMS era had Aunt May as one of the most interesting and probably just best characters in general. She's great when she becomes an active participant in the rest of the stories and not just as a reactive on the sideline. I would also argue in the Worldwide era and currently in both Spencer and Taylor's books she's interesting because of that too, she's doing things.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I would argue the JMS era had Aunt May as one of the most interesting and probably just best characters in general. She's great when she becomes an active participant in the rest of the stories and not just as a reactive on the sideline. I would also argue in the Worldwide era and currently in both Spencer and Taylor's books she's interesting because of that too, she's doing things.
    I barely remember her doing anything during Worldwide.

The least interesting?, wouldn't go as far, i think that he was a bit passive during Hunted, but it was still a great tale and did a good service in order to fix the damage made by Kraven's resurrection, but so far i'm happy with his take.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Overall I think Slott liked Spidey as a Superhero concept best.
    Slott has a twisted concept about Spider-Man that i never really agreed on, is why i quit during Clone Conspiracy, i couldn't take anymore. I know that many people here enjoyed and more power to then, but his Peter never did anything for me.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

aunt bae is always interesting
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Aunt May was pretty boring during JMS’s run. She basically became a sounding board for Peter’s thoughts rather than a character herself. Not that different from MCU May.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    The least interesting?, wouldn't go as far, i think that he was a bit passive during Hunted, but it was still a great tale and did a good service in order to fix the damage made by Kraven's resurrection, but so far i'm happy with his take.

Most of the plots could honestly be resolved without his input. Lifetime Achievement was about JJ. The Den of Thieves Black Cat....

They make good side stories but Peter and Spider-Man were not important at all.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Kindred is the main storyline which isn't supposed to be revealed yet so I imagine it may not seem like Peter is a big focus. As for the least interesting, well that's kind of silly to say, everything is building up to focus on Spider-Man I sure wouldn't read a comic about a weird centipede guy tormenting Mysterio while some civilians did stuff without some central character surrounding it.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Most of the plots could honestly be resolved without his input. Lifetime Achievement was about JJ. The Den of Thieves Black Cat....

They make good side stories but Peter and Spider-Man were not important at all.
    I mean, he's the one who stops the villains in the end and help the focal characters come to the realizations they had in the arcs.