Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Rookie Robin unvilievablypastry's Avatar

Default What’s a Superman Comics you would write?

If you could write a Superman comic, what would the comic be about?

I'd ghostwrite Superlad93's Agent KR pitch. It's basically Kon-el working for Cadmus as like a summer job or something (I forgot how he phrased it).

BANNED

I have ritten a Superman short story called: Superman's True Super Power.
    But for the action packed fans, i currently write a story called Superman: Gladiator.
    Superman is forced to participate into a fighting tournament on a planet orbiting a red dwarf star.
    In this story, i try to reveal what exactly defines Clark Kent as Superman. (Spoiler: It's not his set of super powers).

Metropolis: City of Tomorrow an Astro City-esque exploration of what it’s like for the citizens of Metropolis to live there. Basically be a series of short arcs following minor heroes, villains, and citizens, no “big” characters would ever star but you could have cameos, and Superman would always have some role to play in what’s going on, even if he never showed up on-panel.

Astonishing Member

I'd want to write a mini series about Superman's career.

Start off with the Golden-Age. Might be literally the 1930s or it could be Morrison's updated jeans-and-T-shirt take. Maybe even a Clark as "Superboy" tale with him visiting Metropolis as a teen. But, basically Superman with power levels close to Action #1 battling street level threats and corruption.

Move on to the Metropolis Marvel era where Superman's powers are greater and the challenges a bit higher. If I started in 1938 this would be like 1950-ish. Inter-gang, Lex/Ultra-Humanite with some hi-tech city-wide threat. Lois and Clark as friendly rivals with Clark having an unreturned crush on Lois.

A Superman closer to the Post-Crisis approach. (1970's) Maybe a few JLA cameos but largely Superman as the main defender of Earth. Brainiac, Darkseid's minions, maybe Mongul. Clark and Lois married with Jon as a small child. Kara and/or Kon-El are active.

The cosmic Superman based on Earth but active across the galaxy. (1990's) Brainiac-Prime, Zod, Darkseid. Lois is reaching retirement age, Jon as a new Superman II.

The "future" … Lois death, Superman/Clark becomes one public identity. Not sure if I'd lean towards Superman becoming more powerful or coming back to lower power levels.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I'd write a Terra Man story that spanned time: the past with Terra Man in Smallville set in the Old West before he has powers, the present where he returns to Earth to torment Superman in Metropolis, and the future where Terra Man faces down Morrison's Superman in the Sun. Of course I am just ripping off Jason Aaron's Thor!

Quote Originally Posted by unvilievablypastry View Post
    If you could write a Superman comic, what would the comic be about?
    I'd like an cosmic story where Superman is somehow transported to a far away galaxy that has a much younger yellow sun, or another kind of star or even several stars that give him more power or even different powers. I want to see him fighting powerful beings and creatures unlike anything on the solar system.

I also would like to see another cosmic story in which Clark doesn't have his powers anymore and helps a primitive civilization to become free from their ruthless oppressors (because he's very smart and brave duh). I think it'd be interesting to see him losing much of his memory, so he can even have a sort of romance with someone else haha. Of course, he goes back to Earth at the end and remembers who he is.

All of these stories need a lot of adventure, drama, suspense and action. And we can see all those strange and unique worlds and creatures.
    Last edited by stargazer01; 08-03-2019 at 11:30 AM.

Incredible Member

I’d write a story that features four characters, defines the relationship between two pair, defines two characters apart from each other in separate stories.

It would show deeper relationships between Superman & Supergirl And Superman and Power Girl. The stories of the two pairs wouldn’t necessarily cross into each other. A lot of it would be defining Power Girl and Supergirl. It would cover them over several years.

One reason is that Kara Zor-El has been treated so inconsistently. She was a teen student, a college student, a soap opera star, a reporter and on and on. Shifts with the winds. Meanwhile, lark is always a reporter. Bruce is always the playboy millionaire. But this would really define the to women as separate characters not mirror images of each other on different Earths.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

What's NOT a Superman story I'd write, is an easier question for me.

I have too many Superman stories kicking around.

A crossover where Clark, Lois, and Jon cross paths with Gohan, Videl, and Pan after Lex Luthor on one side and Freeza on the other, open up a wormhole in hypertime. Pan being the curious and adventurous Saiyan that she is, flies through with Gohan and Videl right behind her.

From there, Superman and Great Saiyaman team up to put a stop to the nefarious deeds of Luthor and Freeza. Meanwhile, Lois shows Videl around the Daily Planet, and Jon learns how to babysit a super powered toddler that drags him into all kinds of mischief.

Spectacular Member

A town in Northern America that realizes how much better things are after Superman helps and gives from the heart. This leads to the town becoming the first monetary free populace on Earth.