Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    My story is a period piece. It's just an idea. What if Clark's ship landed in india during the start of British colonisation ?
    The space ship lands on a village near ganga. The couple that find him are farmers jayaram and Maithili. They are born of lower caste. When superman's ship landed a metoer shover occured(in Smallville) . The infant is named Vaikartana or karna for short. Being adopted by the people in the lower caste vaikartan has to break the chains of rigid casteism that had shackled the indian society. All the while, a new enemy is coming from across the sea with technology far advanced. (let's just say the British just got scifi boost. Only, done to keep it interesting with superman being the opponent ). Can vaikartan unite the different castes, religions, cultures of the indian subcontinent to defeat this enemy in time? Most importantly, will vaikartan be able to stick to his parents teachings of ahimsa(non-violence)?
    Well he sort of fails. But becomes a symbol that ultimately changes everything for everyone. And people join him in the sun. Btw,Vaikartana means the son of sun(surya)!lol!
    That would be AMAZING!!!! I'd buy the hell out of that!

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    I would write Superman of the future. Its unspecified how long it has been, but its so long that almost everyone who knew Superman has long since passed away and he has become an old legend. Now he moves from planet to planet righting wrongs, while being unrecognized as the actual Superman. Something like the lone hero from old Westerns who moves from town to town, gets involved in their problems and moves to the next town. In Superman's case, the next planet.

Over time Superman has grown more powerful developing the ability to travel through time. By the rules of super-time travel, he can't be present as two persons at the same time. He often goes back to see his old life as a phantom or ghost. Only Krypto is able to sense him. As a hobby he goes to the time before he was born and messes with history, like fighting Nazis or stopping the asteroid which killed dinosaurs. This doesn't really change history but creates parallel worlds, Endgame style.

Sometimes he returns to his adopted planet Earth to one of his Fortresses of Solitude under the Pacific ocean. Maintained by robots who are lead by one named Jon. Jon is a robot made by Superman whose circuitry is designed after the 'brain-map' of his long dead son Jon. Over a period of time Superman has grown to see him as his foster son.

That is the kind of approach i will take. Superman is alone. No guest appearances unless its something like a far descendant of Jimmy Olsen. Not even villains like Braniac, Darkseid or Vandal Savage who make sense to make an appearance. Superman's time has long since gone. World has moved on. New heroes and villains come and go. In his thinking, old should make way for new. But being as he is, he keeps fighting for truth and justice, across the cosmos and across time. While staying incognito.

If i get a long time to write by some insane higher ups in DC, i can write a lot of stuff about Superman of the future. But if its limited to say something like six issues or so, i may write something like this.

First two issues will be my typical adventure for the Man of Tomorrow. We meet Superman in his secret identity on the new planet. Yes, he makes a secret identity, for his identity of Superman, which happens to be a secret. (Remember he's a historical figure). He does that to identify with those he wants to protect, lest he starts considering himself as being a God or superior to others. We meet the villains and see why they need to go. We see the local heroes who are outmatched. During this, one of the heroes (who has become friends with Superman's alter ego) finds out the truth about him and we come to know about Superman through dialogue between them. The second issue ends with the villains loosing, and Superman moving on to the next planet adopting a new identity.

Third issue will be my throwback one. Superman gets into a planet which uncannily resembles his past life on Earth with stand ins for Lois, Perry, Jimmy, Krypto, etc. For a while he considers settling down permanently. But he decides against that, as long ago he had decided that he shall have no home, so as to say the whole cosmos is his home now. After that particular adventure, Superman feels nostalgic about his adopted planet and decides to return to Earth.

The fourth issue will see him return to Earth after a long time. I have an idea of something like this. He makes quick sweeps around the globe within a short time. Seeing monuments like Statue of Liberty, running across the Great Wall of China, etc. Impressed with the new ones since his last visit. Slowing down to enjoy the natural sights. Stealthily helping the heroes when cornered by villains having the upper hand. And then he goes to his Fortress under the ocean meeting with Jon. We get a tour of the Fortress, knowing a bit about the Fortresses on other planets. A new class of robots based on Superman's own 'mindmap' who are engaged in research work, which Superman sometimes dabbles in. (There are a few hints of the work being done. One is Superman's own body to crack the code of his unnatural longevity. Like about Hawkman to understand mysteries of afterlife). The issue ends with an invasion upon the Fortress.

Fifth issue will see Jon and Superman teaming up to take down the group of villains who have arrived to take revenge on Superman tracking him back to Earth. After Jon and Supes defeat and capture them, Jon informs Superman about an archaeological find since he had gone. A holographic message for Superman, calling for help. Date of the artefact: sometime around 1940s.

Sifth issue, begins with Superman surmising that the artefact has to be from an alternate earth. We come to know about his time travelling adventures. This could be from a timeline Superman created, as obviously such devices couldn't be from the early twentieth century. After anayzing it they find the parallel universe. Superman goes to that universe, using a ship capable of travelling through the multiverse. (Designed by Lara, Superman's daughter who used to be the member of Justice League of the multiverse). 1940s of this world is quite different. Think of cyperpunk with Nazis. Superman's arrival turns the tide of the battle. When the Nazis refuse to surrender their last bastion, Superman single handedly ends the war. But he is unable to stop the creation of Nuclear Man.

Seventh issue has a world shattering battle between both of them. Sometimes they would fight on the sky, sometimes on the ground, or under the sea. Nuclear Man(NM) whose punches are as powerful as atomic blasts proves to be a strong opponent. But when he realizes that he can't win against Superman, he tries to cheat. One of his powers is to touch metallic objects turning them into nuclear bombs. He throws a lot of these 'atomic bombs' around the world. Superman moves really fast neutralizing them by throwing them to the sun or letting them explode within his closed fists! After a particular maneuver where Superman stops thousands of these 'bombs' within seconds, NM gloats. How long can he keep up without failing once. He is getting tired. His hands have started bleeding. And one failure may lead to a million deaths. Superman agrees to leave Earth. He shakes his opponent's hand. Then lands a punch which makes NM dizzy. An enraged Nuclear Man tries to punch Supes, but only breaks his wrists indicating that he has lost his powers. Superman leaves for his home universe, and we see what happened. Within the few moments NM was dizzy, Supes took him across time to far future before the sun explodes. He returns back to the time before Nuclear Man's creation and as a 'phantom' finds out the failsafe for NM, as he had surmised the Nazis would have that to control him. He returns to the future, brings NM back to the 'present' and removes his powers. All of this happens between the few moments, NM was dizzy!

Back in his Fortress we see him tell this to Jon. He decides to leave, promising Jon that he would return sooner next time. Epilogue, shows Lois in her apartment doing stuff, 'Lois' of third issue was doing. Krypto senses someone outside the balcony. Lois asks, Is it Smallville? But she sees no one outside.
    This would be a beautiful miniseries!

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magha_regulus View Post
    That would be AMAZING!!!! I'd buy the hell out of that!
    Thanks, Its just in the idea phase. For the immigrant narrative, from the indian perspective. I might even have to make kal-l story more like goku. Since, for india immigration happened mostly through trade or invasion. But strangley enough except for the british(who created laws to prevent that) others all became part of the society and culture. Maybe its because of the sycretismic culture of India. So, kryptonIans will be more business minded and krypton more dystopian. But, I don't want to lose the jewish essence of the character. Lara will be related to zod by the way. House of L will not be some noble family. Jor L will be a genius. but, will be from lower part of the social ladder. Lara and jor el's love story will be seen as a taboo. Lara will be the one sending kal away.

I also have plans for combining the history of American revolution and new gods. Vaikartan will not play a major part in those. But, just for the world building. The British have a connection to apocalypse(scifi boost) . While the Americans will be backed by new genesis and France.Btw, i also plan on making the apache cheif central character of this narrative which will be set in the past of superman's story.

But, kal-l(vaikartan) will go to this new world later on in his own narrative and arc. This will lead to democracy being implemented in subcontinent when vaikartan becomes a symbol.

BANNED

I would add on The Donner take. It was such a huge mistake to take Donner off the Superman films after the first film... :/ We would really have a work of art in our hands as Superman films, if he stayed. So i would honor his wise Superman, my take would be a Superman who never resolves violance and make people kneel infort of his super strenght. A gentle soul who flies around and helps people. May be even carries the world to an utopic age in the end of 3 volumes worth of adventures. Like a film trilogy.

I'm so sad that now the flase HOPE MAN breaks necks left and right... I actually like Cavil, he would have been good... But he was just lack the right guidance to show the way.
    Last edited by Gurz; 08-15-2019 at 07:59 PM.

Interesting enough, it was actually something that was touch upon in the beginning of the superman vs aliens crossover comic sequel.

I'd like to rewrite Superman's first encounter with Maxima. Set in the 5 year gap of the New 52 (between JL Origin and JL Villain's Journey). She sends a distress call from space that appears Kryptonian (but is forgery) and Clark goes out in search of the source of the call. He finds her ship and is welcomed aboard. She seduces him with her lies of victimisation and good intentions (not to mention her sexuality) as a distraction from her ulterior motive which is to enslave humanity with her powerful armies. When Clark discovers he's been duped and is "sleeping with the enemy", so to speak, he realises he has to stop her and her armies by any means necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Ah, you had that idea too huh?

It's a pretty obvious one right? Two bald evil scientists throwing down to see who's top dog? I'm surprised it's never happened.
    It really is obvious. I mean when two mad scientists decide to wage war on the other with Superman caught in the middle there are literally endless ways you could play it out. Robots, shrink rays, clones, inter-and-extra-dimensional craziness, it's basically a license to have Superman face off against any number of scifi threats you want to throw at him over the course of the story. And that's not getting into the meat of how that all affects the people of Metropolis at large, the Daily Planet, and Superman himself as well as the egos of two of his most intelligent foes.

Oh, and since I just remembered this idea - A completely new and unique take on the Superman origin story!

Alright, now that I'm sure you've all taken a moment to groan and roll your eyes, hear me out here. Instead of starting on doomed Krypton, or covering his childhood in Smallville, or showing his first days in Metropolis or in the suit, this origin would focus on his first foray into the challenges of being a young superhero - in the future! This origin story would be one big adventure, his first, with the Legion of Superheroes. Cherry pick from the various versions of LoSH from across the various continuities (including the cartoon), really show Clark being thrown in the deep end of the cosmic pool, learning how to be a hero with some help from his friends and having to live up to his own legend while still forging his own path. Usually we just get a little nod to LoSH as part of his larger origin story, but here we'd treat his time with the LoSH as the origin. Throwing in some of the usual LoSH villains, some of Superman's and DC's more immortal enemies, along with some villainous time travelers, you could definitely craft a truly epic threat for the young Superman/boy and the Legion.

Current idea I'm kind of toying with is having the Reverse-Flash travel across the 31st century stealing the disassembled parts of the Phantom Zone Projector to release Brainiac and his ship from a long imprisonment in order to obtain something that only Brainiac has. But it's still a pretty rough idea.

Quote Originally Posted by magha_regulus View Post
    This would be a beautiful miniseries!
    Thanks! I gave quite a good amount of thought to my Superman story/pitch. At one point it had Lex Luthor trapped in One Million B.C. as Superman went after him. Wonder Woman and Themyscira appeared too. They were fun, but didn't really fit in. I left them out to make the story more streamlined for a miniseries.

One of my idea, is to increase the scope of Superman. Any writer after me would have a lot of tools to play with, after i am done. That's why the infinite universe of the future, and past via time travel, including alternate worlds are left open.

My story is a period piece. It's just an idea. What if Clark's ship landed in india during the start of British colonisation ?
    The space ship lands on a village near ganga. The couple that find him are farmers jayaram and Maithili. They are born of lower caste. When superman's ship landed a metoer shover occured(in Smallville) . The infant is named Vaikartana or karna for short. Being adopted by the people in the lower caste vaikartan has to break the chains of rigid casteism that had shackled the indian society. All the while, a new enemy is coming from across the sea with technology far advanced. (let's just say the British just got scifi boost. Only, done to keep it interesting with superman being the opponent ). Can vaikartan unite the different castes, religions, cultures of the indian subcontinent to defeat this enemy in time? Most importantly, will vaikartan be able to stick to his parents teachings of ahimsa(non-violence)?
    Well he sort of fails. But becomes a symbol that ultimately changes everything for everyone. And people join him in the sun. Btw,Vaikartana means the son of sun(surya)!lol!
    Whoah! I would read that. I am from India. That's an interesting take. The only thing out of place imho is Superman's parents teaching him non-violence. Superman and non-violence are like chalk and cheese. I guess it would help in doubling down on Superman and Jesus metaphors. Non-violence was popularized by Mahatma Gandhi, who was inspired by Jesus Christ. If someone slaps you, you show the other cheek. Other then that, sign me up!
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 08-18-2019 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    Thanks! I gave quite a good amount of thought to my Superman story/pitch. At one point it had Lex Luthor trapped in One Million B.C. as Superman went after him. Wonder Woman and Themyscira appeared too. They were fun, but didn't really fit in. I left them out to make the story more streamlined for a miniseries.

One of my idea, is to increase the scope of Superman. Any writer after me would have a lot of tools to play with, after i am done. That's why the infinite universe of the future, and past via time travel, including alternate worlds are left open.

Whoah! I would read that. I am from India. That's an interesting take. The only thing out of place imho is Superman's parents teaching him non-violence. Superman and non-violence are like chalk and cheese. I guess it would help in doubling down on Superman and Jesus metaphors. Non-violence was popularized by Mahatma Gandhi, who was inspired by Jesus Christ. If someone slaps you, you show the other cheek. Other then that, sign me up!
    I could tell from your username.
    I thought gandhi was Influenced by Tolstoy and the buddha not jesus specifically. I could be wrong. Anyway, i don't mean to add from the Christ metaphor.i plan on taking influence from jewish heritage and add a hindu influence to the character . You see this vaikartan had chosen the way of the buddha(sidhartha) . To, stick to non-violence to a t and still react to injustice. This is due to his upbringing, certain incidents when he was a child, Buddhism.. Etc. Vaikartan will be struggling whether to break his vow to protect his people or to let bad things happen.

In short it will be based more on mahabharat. Vaikartana can choose his personal vows, duty and morality like karna, bheeshma.. Etc. Or choose to fight for dharma like Arjuna at the expense of it(arjuna had broken many vows in the epic).

In short, "Ahimsa Paramo Dharma" a quote from mahabharata popularised by gandhi is only the half of the quote.This is the full quote. “अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l”. This doesn't mean i am going to make vaikartan use his fist and break the core of ahimsa as a defence and strength. He will just struggle with it. Might choose to break his vow for the greater good or might not.i myself have not decided yet.

btw, this is no critic of Buddhism. Nor does it fundamentally break its tenants. The middle path is still being sought out by the protagonist will always be important.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 08-19-2019 at 06:18 AM.

Thanks, Its just in the idea phase. For the immigrant narrative, from the indian perspective. I might even have to make kal-l story more like goku. Since, for india immigration happened mostly through trade or invasion. But strangley enough except for the british(who created laws to prevent that) others all became part of the society and culture. Maybe its because of the sycretismic culture of India. So, kryptonIans will be more business minded and krypton more dystopian. But, I don't want to lose the jewish essence of the character. Lara will be related to zod by the way. House of L will not be some noble family. Jor L will be a genius. but, will be from lower part of the social ladder. Lara and jor el's love story will be seen as a taboo. Lara will be the one sending kal away.

I also have plans for combining the history of American revolution and new gods. Vaikartan will not play a major part in those. But, just for the world building. The British have a connection to apocalypse(scifi boost) . While the Americans will be backed by new genesis and France.Btw, i also plan on making the apache cheif central character of this narrative which will be set in the past of superman's story.

But, kal-l(vaikartan) will go to this new world later on in his own narrative and arc. This will lead to democracy being implemented in subcontinent when vaikartan becomes a symbol.
    I love your idea and would totally read it. What role would Lex have in your Elseworld? British imperialist?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I love your idea and would totally read it. What role would Lex have in your Elseworld? British imperialist?
    Lex will be the owner of the east india company.He wants to setup trade in indian ocean and then starts to take over. He will be an ambitious young man. He will largely be the same. He also doesn't care for british crown(puppet of apocalypse) and wants to pursue his own agenda.he will be seen as a hero by the british people,because of his rebellious nature. but he will be an antagonist to the people of the subcontinent.

I don't know if I might be overstepping. Since, the company really did exist. Was the beginning of British imperialism on the sub continent.
    Anyways, in the end lex will turn altruistic. He and brainiac will find redemption by restoring the Nalanda University(btw, was one of the first universities in the world) which was destroyed/ravaged by invasions in the past.they are perfect since thay are the only one's with knowledge to do it.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 08-19-2019 at 12:10 PM.