Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mega Man (Classic) vs. Terminator

Round I) Strongest/Most Advanced Terminator (regardless of canon) that Classic Mega Man can defeat (WITHOUT any Robot Master weapons)

Round II) Strongest Terminator model (regardless of canon) that can scrap Mega Man.

Bonus) Replace Classic Mega Man with X (no Maverick weapons, no armors, no upgrades).

Bonus II) Replace Classic Mega Man with Mega Man Trigger/Volnutt (no special weapons, no armor upgrades, etc.).

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Megaman is strong enough to lift a significant portion of a skull fortress, which is way beyond the strength or durability of any terminator I'm aware of, and he's resisted reprogramming before, so I'd say he should be fine against pretty much any of them. Additionally, he takes down giant robots with his regular weapon, so just using his blaster should be fine too.

X completely lacking upgrades is a weaker Megaman, but he can probably still handle at least the T-800, T-1000, and T-X with his plain old blaster. Having limitless ammo means he can just overstress the T-1000's liquid metal, which we've seen works. That's assuming that the T-1000's durability would even apply to plasma blasts.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post

X completely lacking upgrades is a weaker Megaman, but he can probably still handle at least the T-800, T-1000, and T-X with his plain old blaster. Having limitless ammo means he can just overstress the T-1000's liquid metal, which we've seen works. That's assuming that the T-1000's durability would even apply to plasma blasts.
    Even without weapons/upgrades, X is by design more powerful than Megaman. Remember, even before the events of the first X game, he was still classified as a B class Hunter. I don't think he'll have too much trouble, especially if Megaman won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Seto Kaiba View Post
    Even without weapons/upgrades, X is by design more powerful than Megaman.
    When is this said and what feats back it up?

Edit: Like the closest thing I can think of is a Light capsule saying that a fully upgraded X will be the most powerful ever, but that's fully upgraded, and also said while indicating that X wasn't made for combat and the upgrades exist specifically to change that. And he still doesn't have a strength feat on par with lifting part of a skull fortress. Weapons technology obviously hasn't gotten that much better over the years, since the most powerful two bots were both constructed in Dr. Light's time, and the specific things that made X and Zero more "advanced" were perfected AGI and the virus. X and Megaman are done in different styles; Megaman's story involves cosmic beings and Megaman being able to accomplish things beyond his physical limits and programming by believing in Justice really hard. X is more grounded, albeit not THAT much more.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 07-30-2019 at 09:16 AM.

When is this said and what feats back it up?

Edit: Like the closest thing I can think of is a Light capsule saying that a fully upgraded X will be the most powerful ever, but that's fully upgraded, and also said while indicating that X wasn't made for combat and the upgrades exist specifically to change that. And he still doesn't have a strength feat on par with lifting part of a skull fortress. Weapons technology obviously hasn't gotten that much better over the years, since the most powerful two bots were both constructed in Dr. Light's time, and the specific things that made X and Zero more "advanced" were perfected AGI and the virus. X and Megaman are done in different styles; Megaman's story involves cosmic beings and Megaman being able to accomplish things beyond his physical limits and programming by believing in Justice really hard. X is more grounded, albeit not THAT much more.

The sheer fact that X exists mostly. X is a superior version of Mega Man. He doesn't need a strength feat on par with lifting Skull Fortress because it's literally built into his character. He is Doctor Light's greatest work. I seriously don't think he would build him to be inferior to Mega Man.

That being said, there isn't a lot canon media depicting X fresh out of the capsule, which is the version I'm assuming is being used. As such, it's difficult to gauge his power levels since he's shown to keep some upgrades after the first game, namely the dash boots. So while I'll dial back saying he's vastly superior sans upgrades, I stand by what I say that if Megaman can handle it, then X should be able to as well. X is at least equal to Mega Man

Quote Originally Posted by Seto Kaiba View Post
    The sheer fact that X exists mostly. X is a superior version of Mega Man. He doesn't need a strength feat on par with lifting Skull Fortress because it's literally built into his character. He is Doctor Light's greatest work. I seriously don't think he would build him to be inferior to Mega Man.
    I mean, that's great and all, but we need to go by feats and what's demonstrated in their respective series.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

He doesn't need a strength feat on par with lifting Skull Fortress because it's literally built into his character.
    Yes he does.

X is a superior version of Mega Man.
    When is this said? X is superior in that he is built to have a developing intelligence/moral awareness and a body that grows. It doesn't mean that he's physically stronger than Megaman. Generally speaking, X is pretty much never referred to in relation to Megaman. The X games conspicuously don't refer to Megaman at all. Wily talks about about Zero in Megaman and Bass, but all that actually shows is that he's calling Zero the strongest immediately after the last bot he called the strongest was beaten by Megaman (or Bass) which is also after the "superior to Megaman" robot he built before That got repeatedly beatdown by Megaman. This is why the feats matter, because superior design blatantly does not. This isn't even interpretation: Duo and Blues both literally refer to Megaman winning because of friendship and Justice. Blues specifically says this is why he can beat King and design superiority doesn't matter. Blues himself is only alive at this point because of personal grit.

Edit: It doesn't help that the link between the two series is so tenuous. If they interacted at all, things might be a bit different, but the only real common thread is Dr. Light and possibly Dr. Wily depending on how you feel about Isoc.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 07-30-2019 at 03:07 PM.

Part of the Megaman Cartoon had Megaman meeting X via time travel shenanagins.
    https://youtu.be/MVUlyaQwF7w

At one point in the episode, it is revealed that MM era weapons cant even harm X or the materials he is made out of. Like at all.

Yeeeeeessss it's of extremely mega super ultra dubious canonicity, but poo on you BitVyper! :P
    Last edited by The Arbiter; 07-30-2019 at 03:37 PM.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

I mean it's not dubious so much as just not canon.

I mean it's not dubious so much as just not canon.
    Beadle was right. You are a no-funster.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Yes he does.

When is this said? X is superior in that he is built to have a developing intelligence/moral awareness and a body that grows. It doesn't mean that he's physically stronger than Megaman. Generally speaking, X is pretty much never referred to in relation to Megaman. The X games conspicuously don't refer to Megaman at all. Wily talks about about Zero in Megaman and Bass, but all that actually shows is that he's calling Zero the strongest immediately after the last bot he called the strongest was beaten by Megaman (or Bass) which is also after the "superior to Megaman" robot he built before That got repeatedly beatdown by Megaman. This is why the feats matter, because superior design blatantly does not. This isn't even interpretation: Duo and Blues both literally refer to Megaman winning because of friendship and Justice. Blues specifically says this is why he can beat King and design superiority doesn't matter. Blues himself is only alive at this point because of personal grit.

Edit: It doesn't help that the link between the two series is so tenuous. If they interacted at all, things might be a bit different, but the only real common thread is Dr. Light and possibly Dr. Wily depending on how you feel about Isoc.
    Well, Serges in the Japanese version of X2 blatantly refers to Zero as one of the Wily Numbers and called X "Rock." at first before he corrected himself. Inafune is also on record by stating that Serges *could* be Wily turned into a Reploid, but he refused to fully confirm it.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Well, Serges in the Japanese version of X2 blatantly refers to Zero as one of the Wily Numbers and called X "Rock." at first before he corrected himself. Inafune is also on record by stating that Serges *could* be Wily turned into a Reploid, but he refused fully confirm it.
    Yeah there's Serges too. I forgot about him. It seemed like they were going for something plot-wise and that it just kept getting changed up and not developed. By the time X7 rolls around, they just abandoned it.

Beadle was right. You are a no-funster.
    I only eat chocolate so dark it would make Death himself shed tears.

He's got a special place in hell for types like you.

"5edgy10me."

... He's always been terrible with names.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    He's got a special place in hell for types like you.

"5edgy10me."

... He's always been terrible with names.
    Death knows if he gets too close to this edge...

he'll fall off.

*revs motorcycle and rides off into the sunset*

Yes he does.

Dr Cain's journal flat out states that X's design and systems were a "quantum leap over anything the world had seen". Given how prominent robots like Mega Man were in Light's time, that right there should prove that X is not weaker than Mega Man. He is obviously meant to be superior to Mega Man in every way. Hell, even the X-Buster is listed with the model number of "Mega Buster mk 17"

And yes, Mega Man's strength is in his sense of justice, as is stated many times. But it's not like X is lacking in those ideals. Hell, the fact that he actually has a choice to choose his own path and he chooses to fight, despite his pacifist values should say everything. So while I can't find specific battles with non upgraded X from the X1 era that tout his superiority, I CAN say that he should be considered AT LEAST as powerful as Mega Man

Of course, I think I'd also be rather justified in saying that X8 era X would absolutely wreck anything Classic related, regardless of upgrades.