Default Wakanda (MCU) vs. Godzilla

Godzilla and other Kaiju from the recent KoTM film.

Wakanda has shields up to start. The team from Titan is back on Earth. Can they defend the city from:

Godzilla
    Ghidorah
    Rodan
    Mothra
    Kong
    Big Skullcrawler
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

This kind of depends on three things:

Can Strange just mirror dimension them all at the bell? I don't see why he couldn't, and that's game over.

Can the Kaiju get through the shields without taking so much damage that they stop trying? The outriders could, but they don't feel pain and were basically disposable. The Kaiju aren't and will. And the shields are strong enough to no-sell the landing ship and to kill Cull trivially.

Does Thor show up primed and armed with Stormbreaker? And ready to use everything it can do (removing heads with bifrost is an excellent last-ditch move)?
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    This kind of depends on three things:

Can Strange just mirror dimension them all at the bell? I don't see why he couldn't, and that's game over.

Can the Kaiju get through the shields without taking so much damage that they stop trying? The outriders could, but they don't feel pain and were basically disposable. The Kaiju aren't and will. And the shields are strong enough to no-sell the landing ship and to kill Cull trivially.

Does Thor show up primed and armed with Stormbreaker? And ready to use everything it can do (removing heads with bifrost is an excellent last-ditch move)?
    What's the largest area Strange has ported into the Mirror Dimension? The main floor of the Sanctum? I think he needs some feats of affecting a larger scale before we say he can swallow up building sized creatures with it.

The Shield will provide an excellent buffer to the Category 6 hurricane that follows Ghidorah around, and should stop incoming projectiles. It gives them a chance to think and strategize for sure. But once they decide to push through, it shouldn't be that big of an inconvenience. Maybe for Kong. He's squishy compared to the KoTM crew. The Skullcrawler can dig under.

Yeah, Thor shows up after like 10 minutes or so. I'm iffy on portal Bifrost cutting however.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

So the heroes trade one Mad Titan for a team of Titans? Nice.

It's not a question of if the monsters can breach Wakanda's shield, but when. The Outriders are proof that a combination of strength and perseverance can get the job done, albeit at a tremendous cost. But unlike the Outriders, Godzilla and his fellow Titans are substantially stronger and more durable. And if they can't, the Big Skycrawler's burrowing ability would prove useful in undermining the shield.

Scarlet Witch, Doctor Strange, Vision (unless he's still injured), and Thor are the main line of defense. All of 'em are capable of dealing with Kong and Skullcrawler on their own. Rodan and Mothra would require a concentrated effort from the entire roster but victory is within reach. Godzilla and King Ghidorah, however, are in a different league. Maybe Team MCU could find a way to neutralize one monster while launching an all-out attack but against Godzilla and King Ghidorah? Ghidorah's presence alone creates a Category VI storm while spamming human-disintegrating lightning bolts. And then there's Rodan, Mothra, Kong, and Skullcrawler to contend with, too?

I'm siding with the monsters. Unlike most of the MCU's top guns, Godzilla and his friends can take heavy hits. There's also the fact that the vast majority of the heroes will be wiped out the moment any one of the monsters attacks. So imagine how screwed they are if all the monsters attack at the same time. Odin help them.