Default Golden Age Blue Lama (foe of Sargon the Sorcerer) Appreciation 2021

First appearance = Sensation Comics #68 (August 1947):

And she returned in the following issue (Sensation Comics #69, cover-dated September 1947):

All told, it looks like this wielder of the forces of "black magic" appeared in six stories back in the late 1940s.

And here's the rest of that story from Sensation Comics #69 (September 1947):

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I like this villain quite a bit in spite of her small publication history. I think she'd make a great villain for the Justice League Dark team.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

She also showed up in Sensation Comics #70 (October 1947):

The final two pages of the battle between Sargon and The Blue Lama in Sensation Comics #70 (October 1947):

but she would be back for more . . .

Weird. My recollection of her (from the re-prints they did in the 1970s) was a giant blue woman, but that does seem to be the case. Wonder where I got that idea from.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Weird. My recollection of her (from the re-prints they did in the 1970s) was a giant blue woman, but that does seem to be the case. Wonder where I got that idea from.
    Sometimes she could appear that way, but she wasn't necessarily looking like she was giant-sized all the time.

Blue Lama's appearance in Sensation Comics #71 (November 1947) was reprinted in Wanted: The World's Most Dangerous Villains #6 (February 1973), though it didn't get any credit on that cover.

To be continued . . .

Astonishing Member

She could have been an amazing Wonder Woman foe.

If only DC had rescued more of it's forgotten golden-age villains...especially the villainesses...especially the sorceresses..
    Last edited by scary harpy; 05-14-2021 at 08:28 AM.

The remaining two pages from Blue Lama's appearance in Sensation Comics #71 (November 1947)
    as reprinted in Wanted: The World's Most Dangerous Villains #6 (February 1973):

Blue Lama appeared in Scooby-Doo! Team-Up #19 (December 2016) <printed version> when Scooby-Doo and the gang helped Zatanna to locate her father:

NOTE: These images were from the digital-first version, #'s 37 and 38.