BANNED

Default The Swamp Thing 2019 TV series Appreciation Thread

I'm a huge fan of Swamp Thing/Alec and I'm just delighted by the 2019 TV series. Sadly, Episode 10 will gonna be the definitive ending for this fantastic, wonderful take on the character. Swamp Thing (Derek Mears) seems coming straight from the comic books, he's identical and perfect.
    Amazing special effects, fantastic story, powerful actors.
    Watch this series.

Hopefully, they will sell it to another network and deliver a second season.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    I'm a huge fan of Swamp Thing/Alec and I'm just delighted by the 2019 TV series. Sadly, Episode 10 will gonna be the definitive ending for this fantastic, wonderful take on the character. Swamp Thing (Derek Mears) seems coming straight from the comic books, he's identical and perfect.
    Amazing special effects, fantastic story, powerful actors.
    Watch this series.
    I would if I could. If DC Universe was available in the UK I would have signed up purely to watch this show. I am keeping my fingers crossed that Netflix or something will pick it up. Surely DC knows they have fans outside of the USA?

I must admit I'm a little disappointed that they got Abby's hair colour wrong, but that's a minor complaint. What matters is did they get her personality right and from the clips I've seen on YouTube it seems they have.

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    Hopefully, they will sell it to another network and deliver a second season.
    Let's hope so.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I am only two episodes in, but so far I am enjoying it. I'm hoping they can give the whole story a satisfying conclusion despite having to truncate their season by three episodes.

It is honestly a shame to that this show had a vision that seems like it might never be fully realized.

BANNED

Anyone here watched the final episode?

BANNED

Well, I rewatched Episode 10 tonight and I must say that the second viewing is even better. It's a compelling episode. Amazing from start to finish.

I have a theory to make the post-credits scene work and make sense:

(Spoilers)

1- I guess the post-credits scene is set two days later... because Matt Cable was walking and he was wearing fresh clothes...
    2- I guess the "Darkness"/ROT reached Jason at the prison and turned him into Floronic Man, combining with the Swamp Thing mutagenic material he had previously ingested.
    3- Jason talked about "Alec Holland" as being Swamp Thing because his mind was still confused and his memories were "fuzzy". I guess the transformation had this side-effect.
    Last edited by Mutant 77; 08-06-2019 at 05:26 PM.