Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Rasputin Appreciation 2019

Her official debut has arrived. Let’s appreciate the leading lady of POX, RASPUTIN!

A3116EB1-298A-44D6-B0DE-75A97B63956C.jpg

hahahahhaha I'm not shocked at all this thread appeared. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Wissenschaft View Post
    hahahahhaha I'm not shocked at all this thread appeared. lol
    I read POX #1 this morning and got excited

I was a little sadden. Her powerset is so broken I don't think she would ever be able to use in modern X-men setting for any extended period of time.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I was a little sadden. Her powerset is so broken I don't think she would ever be able to use in modern X-men setting for any extended period of time.
    They already said there isn't time travel involved so she is presumably always going to be a future-timeline character only anyway.

Funny how her powerset doesn't actually explain the soulsword, though. That isn't a mutant power and it doesn't make much sense for chimeras to have inherited personal objects from their X-gene-fosters (especially ones supposedly tied to the soul, utterly separate from genetics itself) so I kind of hope they explain that in a way that makes sense.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

She's only in part of the 4 timelines in the book....

She did not get to me yet, but who knows, she might later. Cardinal also did not get to me yet.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

"Call in a tank".

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorsify View Post
    They already said there isn't time travel involved so she is presumably always going to be a future-timeline character only anyway.

Funny how her powerset doesn't actually explain the soulsword, though. That isn't a mutant power and it doesn't make much sense for chimeras to have inherited personal objects from their X-gene-fosters (especially ones supposedly tied to the soul, utterly separate from genetics itself) so I kind of hope they explain that in a way that makes sense.
    I wasn't really worried about her coming back right away, Any time in the future would have been cool. I loved the design so I hoped she would be cool character with good powers which she does have but those powers make her superman level of hero which are tricky to use in books. So I am not optimistic about anything more than cameo in something one day. That said if this setting catches on they can tell stories in the time period so that is another way of seeing her again.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 07-31-2019 at 04:28 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I think people are overstating her powerset a bit she's not as OP as she seems, spoilers:
    her power from Piotr is her strongest with a rating of 6 just like Piotr with her TP at 5 (half of QQ's is) her power from Bain is a 3 two points less than the originator and both her intangibility and healing factor rest at a measly 2.
    end of spoilers

I’m hoping some of the wave 2 books feature year 100. Announcing at NY Comic Con in October, I think?

BANNED

It's interesting that they had numerical numbers beside the character dna. Quire being an omega level telepath was a 10, Kitty's intangible being a 4(defensive power) etc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    I’m hoping some of the wave 2 books feature year 100. Announcing at NY Comic Con in October, I think?
    I'd dig this.

I have yet to read PoX #1, but she looks just so cool, and I really like what I am hearing about the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I think people are overstating her powerset a bit she's not as OP as she seems, spoilers:
    her power from Piotr is her strongest with a rating of 6 just like Piotr with her TP at 5 (half of QQ's is) her power from Bain is a 3 two points less than the originator and both her intangibility and healing factor rest at a measly 2.
    end of spoilers
    That is actually a good point that means she is more usable than I thought but the combo of powers still feel like might the work too perfectly together. But still a very cool character

Last edited by Killerbee911; 07-31-2019 at 06:35 AM.

Last edited by Killerbee911; 07-31-2019 at 06:36 AM.