Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post

Yeah I really hope she becomes a mainstay. Additive not destructive.

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorsify View Post
    They already said there isn't time travel involved so she is presumably always going to be a future-timeline character only anyway.

Funny how her powerset doesn't actually explain the soulsword, though. That isn't a mutant power and it doesn't make much sense for chimeras to have inherited personal objects from their X-gene-fosters (especially ones supposedly tied to the soul, utterly separate from genetics itself) so I kind of hope they explain that in a way that makes sense.
    PoX isnt a time travel story but that doesnt mean she cant make her way to present day after

That is actually a good point that means she is more usable than I thought but the combo of powers still feel like might the work too perfectly together. But still a very cool character

I am obsessed with this character!

BANNED

I'm not expecting her to survive Powers of X tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    I'm not expecting her to survive Powers of X tbh.
    She is a bit OP, but I wouldn't mind if she popped up in the past at some point. I definitely liked her as a character.

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorsify View Post
    They already said there isn't time travel involved so she is presumably always going to be a future-timeline character only anyway.

Funny how her powerset doesn't actually explain the soulsword, though. That isn't a mutant power and it doesn't make much sense for chimeras to have inherited personal objects from their X-gene-fosters (especially ones supposedly tied to the soul, utterly separate from genetics itself) so I kind of hope they explain that in a way that makes sense.
    She has Kitty dna which could explain how she is able to summon the Soulsword. Kitty was able to possess it on occasion. Or maybe it's a mix of Colossus and Kitty dna.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    She has Kitty dna which could explain how she is able to summon the Soulsword. Kitty was able to possess it on occasion. Or maybe it's a mix of Colossus and Kitty dna.
    But why would simply having Kitty or Piotr or even Illyana's DNA cause her to acquire the soulsword? By all accounts Kitty and Piotr's X-Gene DNA was used for thousands of Chimeras because their powers are so useful for survival/stealth/war, why would it go to that specific Chimera, and why would she even then call herself Rasputin?

Not saying it can't make sense, I'm just curious to find out why to those things. inb4 it's kitty and colossus' genetically engineered super mutant baby tho, bring on the haters (but for real it doesn't make sense for her to take the name 'Rasputin' when Colossus' power isn't even her best mutation and she's not really related to him in any way, though it's also possible she took it after Illyana and thus has the soulsword that way).

BANNED

She looks awesome but seems to broken to be a permanent adittion.
    Huge red flag there, she could die by the end.

...with one foot in two worlds...

she seems interesting wonder how she ties into the overall story
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

...with one foot in two worlds...
    So...She's also teleporter, time traveller and a magic user? Does she rule Limbo as well?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

so what are her powers?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    so what are her powers?
    Unus's forcefield
    Kitty's intangibility
    Colossus's metal body
    X23's healing
    Quire's psionics
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I was a little sadden. Her powerset is so broken I don't think she would ever be able to use in modern X-men setting for any extended period of time.
    Agreed. Just too much.

But really liked the character. It is usually strange to like a new character.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gortam View Post
    Agreed. Just too much.

But really liked the character. It is usually strange to like a new character.
    Don't understand why she's so broken? The x-men have characters like phoenix Rachel, Hope, Magik, Darwin, Vulcan, etc...who arguably have just as much if not more plot device powers. They're able to function in a team setting. (Although admittedly, sometimes you wonder why they struggle vs a lot of x-villains) Rasputin doesn't even have the originals full power.
    Last edited by chisob; 07-31-2019 at 12:31 PM.