Page 33 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    It's been discussed, others suggested its Magneto controlling the flash drive. Hickman probably left it ambiguous on purpose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It doesnt make sense to be Magneto consider how it was drawn. X pulled his hand out forward and the thing came to him. What he could have done is access Magneto's powers to pull it, but he was definitely the one that made the drive come to him. Jean did that during Claremont's run with Cable when she didnt have her own TK
    Yeah I agree with this, the way it was portrayed lent heavily to the idea that Xavier summoned the drive from Mystique’s hand. I know he had super rare latent TK in the past but I wonder if this has anything to do with his “real” identity or not. It was just interesting that neither Mystique nor Mags reacted out of sorts to it happening.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Yeah I agree with this, the way it was portrayed lent heavily to the idea that Xavier summoned the drive from Mystique’s hand. I know he had super rare latent TK in the past but I wonder if this has anything to do with his “real” identity or not. It was just interesting that neither Mystique nor Mags reacted out of sorts to it happening.
    Whether or not they might be surprised, creepy Xavier has been showing off for months now so this might not be the first time they saw him do something like this.

Neither Erik not Mystique are surprised, so I doubt it will be a huge thing. He has been shown to be a low level telekinetic in the past, and the object is very light.

I just saw it as a reminder that he does have such powers. Chekhov’s floating USB stick.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Neither Erik not Mystique are surprised, so I doubt it will be a huge thing. He has been shown to be a low level telekinetic in the past, and the object is very light.

I just saw it as a reminder that he does have such powers. Chekhov’s floating USB stick.
    Not that I don't believe you, but I have looked and looked for any source showing this and there is nothing, not even a mention, just people who think it might have been the case.

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Not that I don't believe you, but I have looked and looked for any source showing this and there is nothing, not even a mention, just people who think it might have been the case.
    The first time I encountered Xavier demonstrating low-level TK was in Ultimate X-Men. I assume that it has since sort of bled over into 616 Xavier's powerset. I can't recall any specific examples off the top of my head, but I want to say I've seen it brought up at least once before.

Its like one of those urban legends that people keep repeating that it almost feels like fact even if there isnt any basis for it

It is very early and from memory crops up in two comics. One was just a book and the other was something equally trivial. Let me see if I can track one of them down. I have definitely read them.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

If Cerebra amplifies brain power its not inconceivable it can move a usb stick. but I l believe Xavier is in the body of a telepath....

Anyway, had anyone discussed why Percival is a 'ghost'?

The trivial example is from the “Birth of the Beast” story in Amazing Adventures #17. Xavier manipulates electronic circuitry at a distance. Still looking for that book example.

Another example of Xavier doing something that was not technically Telepathy was in X-Men Annual #1 when instead of using mental persuasion or other normal mind tricks he manipulates the physical brain itself (of Lucifer). I was checking that issue because I thought it was the more clear cut example but it's not that one.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 08-01-2019 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Graphicisnovel View Post
    If Cerebra amplifies brain power its not inconceivable it can move a usb stick. but I l believe Xavier is in the body of a telepath....

Anyway, had anyone discussed why Percival is a 'ghost'?
    Xavier is on his own body made from the matter of Fantomex.

This is what I thought Cerebra is upping his powers, so maybe some TK can be possible for Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its like one of those urban legends that people keep repeating that it almost feels like fact even if there isnt any basis for it
    If you build it, they will come.

Astonishing Member

Going back to HoX #1 Magneto says
    There has never been at Mutant War, Ambassador. We've never conquered a people, stolen their land or made slaves of the vanquished
    Which would be pretty freaking ironic if the theory is that the Mutants won the war during the Ascension era.
    Last edited by loke13; 08-01-2019 at 11:04 AM.

Back in the end of Fatal Attraction Xavier uses a Shiar built suit to walk. He claims it channels his limited TK to work.

Edit:xmen 25. I think it was fist time i saw it but others said it was a reference to the 80s.
    Last edited by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell; 08-01-2019 at 11:07 AM.

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

Exactly. Foreshadowed. that's the game here. Mutants have their own nation now, they will do nation things. Like decimate another nation in war, conquer and steal land [moon, mars. etc]

edit: oops the quote
    Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Going back to HoX #1 Magneto says

Which would be pretty freaking ironic if the theory is that the Mutants won the war during the Ascension era.
    Last edited by Graphicisnovel; 08-01-2019 at 11:11 AM.

I wasn't too interested in the future stuff, but the information pages are the cool parts. Plus the ending. I'd have taken a 99cent book with just those. Lol.