Page 34 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    Back in the end of Fatal Attraction Xavier uses a Shiar built suit to walk. He claims it channels his limited TK to work.

Edit:xmen 25. I think it was fist time i saw it but others said it was a reference to the 80s.
    thats not what he says. The suit is powerd by psionic energy, not TK

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    As a typical example of how trying to second guess Hickman sends us down rabbit holes. It turns out that although the greek letter Theta is usually written as Ɵ it originated as the Etruscan symbol which is our familiar cross in a circle.

Then, not only do we see this in the X on the cover, it also crops up in upright form on the page with the fortune teller:

Attachment 85342

and is repeated when Moira appears.

And then when one notes that the tarot cards are visible, one wonders if this specific all seeing eye symbol is important. Especially as the design is echoed in the fortune teller himself.
    Good catch. That opening page is full of symbolism... the eye classically represents provenance/omniscient power (“all seeing/knowing”). Also note the literal strongman in the scene. For some reason, I found the smallish carnival barker in the foreground distracting the first time I saw the page. Like he meant something but I couldn’t quite figure it out. It’s an out-of-the-ordinary setting, for sure.
    Last edited by HomoSuperior; 08-01-2019 at 11:24 AM.

Was not interested with this one as much but way way 100 times better then what we had in so long before HOX and this.

Nimrod.... Lol i can not get pass that face xD

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    Good catch. That opening page is full of symbolism... the eye classically represents provenance/omniscient power (“all seeing/knowing”). Also note the literal strongman in the scene. For some reason, I found the smallish carnival barker in the foreground distracting the first time I saw the page. Like he meant something but I couldn’t quite figure it out. It’s an out-of-the-ordinary setting, for sure.
    Yes that Carnival Barker is bugging me. But it could just be the outstretched arms and the arms of the strong man which along with the tents literally draw a line across the panel, dividing the grounded people from the birds, the trees and the tower, with the eye on that line and only balloons seeking to escape. It all feels like a very deliberate composition. Especially as white bird sillohettes are seen on the last page in the biodome Eden.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

I'm rereading it and has it been brought up that Moira could be Rasputin? Just looking at the art on the page where xavier reads her mind she looks like a mister of kitty/colossus. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Going back to HoX #1 Magneto says

Which would be pretty freaking ironic if the theory is that the Mutants won the war during the Ascension era.
    Hopefully we don't get a "the oppressed becomes the oppressors" story.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    Well, yeah. Either Cerebro-head isn't really Xavier, he's possessed or being controlled, or he's gone bad. Xavier isn't acting like Xavier.

Magneto, meanwhile, is wholly in-character. The resentment, the anger, the arrogance--it's all there.
    Agreed, this is not the first time Magneto teams up with Xavier or Scott to help develop a mutant community or nation(Utopia,Genosha) so I donīt think thatīs whatīs bothering him but if Charles is asking something in exchange to mutants like Mystique and Sabretooth because they owe something, to belong to Krakoa, it begs the question of what he asked Magneto in exchange of being part of it and even have a sector with his name.

Next PoX issue is titled "Hello old friend" so maybe we will see a little more of xavier and magneto relationship in this story.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Spectacular Member Doctor_Foxey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    As a typical example of how trying to second guess Hickman sends us down rabbit holes. It turns out that although the greek letter Theta is usually written as Ɵ it originated as the Etruscan symbol which is our familiar cross in a circle.

Then, not only do we see this in the X on the cover, it also crops up in upright form on the page with the fortune teller:

Attachment 85342

and is repeated when Moira appears.

And then when one notes that the tarot cards are visible, one wonders if this specific all seeing eye symbol is important. Especially as the design is echoed in the fortune teller himself.
    Hickman and Oda (One Piece manga artist/writer) are birds of a feather.
    check out my art if you are interested

https://doctor-rainbowfoxey.tumblr.com/

I'm not convinced that these are humans in the "zoo." I think there is a possibility that those are mutants (the one figure could pass for Logan IMO), and that the terrarium might be a recreation of "what worked" in the generations prior. I think Hickman might be wanting people to wonder if the Krakoa era X-Men might actually be the terrarium that the Librarian is watching over? It's a stretch, but that's the first thing my mind thought of when I read that last page.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Next PoX issue is titled "Hello old friend" so maybe we will see a little more of xavier and magneto relationship in this story.
    Makes we wonder if Xavier is the "Old Man" Logan is referring to on Asteriod K. If this is Xavier's story then it would not be out of the possibility that Hickman has him surviving.

I suspect Hickman is slightly hinting at circular time. Cardinal talks about “See you when the world is made again” which combined with the apparent obsession with creation myths and a Tower of Babel / Garden of Eden recurring idea could suggest we see both the future and the past.

I am also struck by the echoes of Moira’s green dress and golden earrings in Cylobel’s costume. Is she a survivor from a previous cycle of time?
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Makes we wonder if Xavier is the "Old Man" Logan is referring to on Asteriod K. If this is Xavier's story then it would not be out of the possibility that Hickman has him surviving.
    Yes, Logan would call him that or maybe Scott.

I am also struck by the echoes of Moira’s green dress and golden earrings in Cylobel’s costume. Is she a survivor from a previous cycle of time?
    Maybe Cylobelīs mind travelled back in time like Kitty did in DOFP and itīs changing the future.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 08-01-2019 at 12:45 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Have to agree. The ending 1,000 years in the future where mutants have herded humans into a preserve (reserve) was a bit uncomfortable. Not offensive, but made me iffy on the mutants.

A case of no real progression being made. Just the shoe going on another foot. in years -which really never was progress imo

Like the abused becoming the abuser. If someone was physically abused as a child, you feel bad for them. But should they grow up & become the same, or even worse, the sympathy tends to be lost among most. SO mutants look more like the villains in 1,000 years.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    I hope we do. Humanity is trash it be nice and poignant for the mutants to realize they're not that different from homo sapiens when push comes to shove especially with Magneto's holier than thou attitude.

But that probably too cynical for what Hickman is going for.
    Last edited by loke13; 08-01-2019 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Have to agree. The ending 1,000 years in the future where mutants have herded humans into a preserve (reserve) was a bit uncomfortable. Not offensive, but made me iffy on the mutants.

A case of no real progression being made. Just the shoe going on another foot. in years -which really never was progress imo

Like the abused becoming the abuser. If someone was physically abused as a child, you feel bad for them. But should they grow up & become the same, or even worse, the sympathy tends to be lost among most. SO mutants look more like the villains in 1,000 years.
    I guess, though, that Hickman is going less for socially constructed identities in the hiearchies as we know them today, and more toward an analogy between neanderthals and homosapiens. It could be that mutant (or whatever the blue people are) domination came about after the decline of humans, not necessarily as the cause for the decline. Idk, i think it's a slippery slope lol