Page 43 of 49 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344454647 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    A random theory that popped into my head that I will leave for others to consider if they want, is that perhaps chimeras' abilities are diluted from previous iterations, requiring blends over time. As such, what is gained from Magneto might have weakened, and pairing with Lorna boosts it.

Note that this is merely a theory among theories, and it doesn't even go with what I anticipate.
    Possible! He could be a blending of Polaris and others alone too, and just took Magneto's look?
    I'm curious to see where it goes for sure.

Hickman's FFour vol 6 , in 3012 is more optimistic:
    IMG_2617.jpg
    IMG_2616.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by marseve View Post
    Hickman's FFour vol 6 , in 3012 is more optimistic:
    IMG_2617.jpg
    IMG_2616.jpg
    Fantastic Four is more optimistic in general.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    I'm not convinced that these are humans in the "zoo." I think there is a possibility that those are mutants (the one figure could pass for Logan IMO), and that the terrarium might be a recreation of "what worked" in the generations prior. I think Hickman might be wanting people to wonder if the Krakoa era X-Men might actually be the terrarium that the Librarian is watching over? It's a stretch, but that's the first thing my mind thought of when I read that last page.
    It looked like Logan to me as well
    Last edited by Chessboxer; 08-03-2019 at 11:14 PM.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I'm wondering does the Human/Machine Supremacy have Sentinels and machines that have telepathy and other psionic abilities?

Spectacular Member Doctor_Foxey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Yes she seemed worried and disturbed but also looking to explain her reasons to Charles, itīs a retcon because Moira and Xavier fell in love while they were students at the University but Charles was send to fight as a soldier and Moira got married while he was gone. This time Xavier didnīt know who Moira was and she was looking for him specifically, I think that this may mean that what we are seeing in the present with Krakoa, "X" and the X-men is a result of this change in time, maybe the "future" we saw already happened and Moira is trying to stop it.
    That’s what I thought too what with the pods in HOX issue 1.
    check out my art if you are interested

https://doctor-rainbowfoxey.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Yes she seemed worried and disturbed but also looking to explain her reasons to Charles, itīs a retcon because Moira and Xavier fell in love while they were students at the University but Charles was send to fight as a soldier and Moira got married while he was gone. This time Xavier didnīt know who Moira was and she was looking for him specifically, I think that this may mean that what we are seeing in the present with Krakoa, "X" and the X-men is a result of this change in time, maybe the "future" we saw already happened and Moira is trying to stop it.
    Two more days until we know more about Moira!! I love how it's re-contextualizing their relationship.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Here's something that occured to me. The so-called most pivotal moment in X-Men history? What if there was some Days of Future Past style mental time travel going on in that scene, in which "Moira" had her consciousness sent back in time to her younger body? And what if "Moira" wasn't actually Moira?
    wow. this actually can be feasible.

the house of x part could actually be the prequel story in the current 10year period that leads directly to the 100year story that has dire consequences, the great war. so the librarian or people in the 1000th year, sent back consciousness to the year0 xavier and showed him the future via moira. which fits the solicits that, that scene/conversation is the single most important scene in xmen history.

after the hox/pox event, you can say basically had a soft reboot, and certain events in the x-men canon have not happened, and clean up all the stupid x-men stories in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by smoothtalker View Post
    wow. this actually can be feasible.

the house of x part could actually be the prequel story in the current 10year period that leads directly to the 100year story that has dire consequences, the great war. so the librarian or people in the 1000th year, sent back consciousness to the year0 xavier and showed him the future via moira. which fits the solicits that, that scene/conversation is the single most important scene in xmen history.

after the hox/pox event, you can say basically had a soft reboot, and certain events in the x-men canon have not happened, and clean up all the stupid x-men stories in the past.
    Hmmm. What if the hidden history is this: Moira a brilliant scientist helped create Mutants. Xavier, her frenemy, marginalized her work by co-opting it... and as the future consistently shows corrupted it. Similar to Edison vs. Tesla but this time, behind every great man is a great woman and all that.

Pass the popcorn!

Moira can’t create mutants, as Charles, Erik, Apocalypse, Logan, etc already exist, but there is still the largely unexplained explosion in mutancy in the 20th Century to account for.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Moira can’t create mutants, as Charles, Erik, Apocalypse, Logan, etc already exist, but there is still the largely unexplained explosion in mutancy in the 20th Century to account for.
    What if Moira is ancient?

I don't really think she's actually responsible for creating Mutants. The basic premise of these series is about natural selection, and survival between species competing for the same resources, having someone 'make' Mutants seems counterintuitive to me, but who knows!

Well, maybe not literally. I think Marvel canon says it was the atomic bomb that spurred mutants.
    But maybe Moira is like the Kree whose experiments led to Eternals vs Deviants.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    Well, maybe not literally. I think Marvel canon says it was the atomic bomb that spurred mutants.
    But maybe Moira is like the Kree whose experiments led to Eternals vs Deviants.
    Apocalypse, and the Extrernals are all pre-atomic energy, and longstanding parts of Marvel canon. Yes, nuclear radiation can cause the X-gene to activate, with it being attributed to both Xavier and Beast's origins in part, with their fathers' work in atomic research, and at a nuclear power plant, respectively.

Even though outside forces and radiation have been shown to activate an X-Gene, the existence of Mutants themselves isn't entirely dependent on the atomic age, as they predate it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by T'Challa Bruce Von Doom View Post
    I'm afraid I'm not understanding where the ambiguity is.

At the end, Nimrod and the Librarian are talking.

Nimrod: Homo sapiens... so good to be done with all that.
    Librarian: Are we done with them? Can we ever really be done with the past? After all, that's what a legacy is... And it's why we keep dinosaur bones around. As a reminder of what this world used to be like--and to remember what we overcame. It's important to keep a record of the great sins of history. Even better, to preserve a remnant... something to point at... and hope to God they never have dominion again.

From the context, I don't see how it's possible to interpret the people as anything other than human, seeing how that entire conversation began with Nimrod expressing being glad to be done with Homo sapiens, and ending with the Librarian hoping "they" (the "they" Nimrod was glad to be done with) "never have dominion again," in a panel which is clearly alluding to the book of Genesis, in which it says God created humans in His own image, and granted them "dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth" (Gen. 1: 26-28). I can only assume that people aren't actually familiar with what the book of Genesis says, disregarding the obvious imagery, or they'd understand why Hickman wrote the Librarian using those words in conjunction with the panel.
    There is also that Magneto proclaiming mutants to be the new gods at the end of HoX#1.

Along with Preserve as a false Garden of Eden for the remnants of humanity I think Hickman is really trying to push the idea of mutants playing the role of god(s) in the story of humanity.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Of was not clear to me which of the Cuckoos was achting as the spokesperson of Magneto. It had to be either Irma, Celeste or Phoebe because Esme and Soohie were with the ambassadors.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================