Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Powers of X [01] : The Last Dream of Xavier *spoilers*

I forgot to put spoilers in the thread title.
    Sorry. Don't read.

I'll skip the part in the previews.

Rasputin. Cylobel. Percival. Cardinal. A team of 4 that went on a mission to gather information. All but two die. Well we dont know if Cylobel died.

FYI Cylobel was created to be a hound. And we didnt get any info on Percival.

Cardinal is a pacifist? He literally watched as Rasputin tried to save Cylobel and did nothing. She was PISSED at him.

Cylobel and Percival gone too soon.

Back to the present: We see that whatever Mystique and Toad stole was brought to Xavier and Magneto. We get a peek at House of M. It was shown on the map of Genosha from HoX #1.

Mystique is like "I have demands" and Xavier is like they have "further demands as well".

Xavier puts that stolen data into a tree? Or organic something. Someone else can explain that but it doesnt really go anywhere in this issue yet.

Looks like the humans and machines are working together ish. With the humans on the lowest end of the pecking order.

This is actually something new that I dont think we've seen in the X-Men universe yet. Someone else can correct me if I am wrong.

The human / mutant / machine war.

Rasputin is super OP. But she was bred that way.

I believe she is an amalgamation of: Quire / Pryde / Bain (who's this) / Rasputin / Kinney

As many have guessed. Sinister was responsible for this. And also he betrays the mutants. Thats why we get a repeat of a failed mutant nation BETRAYAL !

Back to Cylobel: She is taken to Nimrod and Omega by the humans because she wont talk. Nimrod put her in a tank that will give him all the info he wants and basically make her a data mine for a mutant info. Someone can explain this better than me though. There's a lot more to it.

We see Green Magento / Wolverine / Zorn? / Tree Man ( Idk who this is)

All remaining mutants are on Asteroid K.

They have posts in Shiar Space.

Is that a transcended Xavier?

Ends with what looks like a mutant version of Adam and Steve ( I mean Eve)...

So not super detailed but hopefully gets you guys a little excited about the issue.

I thought it was good. A lot of world building which we know Hixman is excellent at doing.

But I liked HoX #1 better.

Oh I forgot about the Moira / Xavier scene. They are in a fair. He is happy because he had this dream of a changed world. He doesnt recognize her at first until she tells him to read her mind.
    She says "it's not a dream if its real", I think there is more to this scene. But someone can explain why it's the most important page?
    Last edited by CGAR; 07-31-2019 at 06:13 AM.