Page 37 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Moira didn’t seem to have her accent in her dialogue...

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    Moira didn’t seem to have her accent in her dialogue...
    She has the accent, she just doesn't have a case of TV Tropes' "Funetik Aksent" because Hickman knows only Lord Claremont and Ben Grimm writers can make that garbage cool.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    She has the accent, she just doesn't have a case of TV Tropes' "Funetik Aksent" because Hickman knows only Lord Claremont and Ben Grimm writers can make that garbage cool.
    Moira’s phonetic accent made her so much more intimidating...

The X-men felt like The X-Men! I've been waiting for years for the franchise to get back on track.Rasputin and Cardinal series anyone? And one for Nimrod the lesser.
    "If you look up at me you will see a friend. If you look down at me you will see an enemy. But if you look me square in the eye you will see a God."-Bray Wyatt

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Moira’s phonetic accent made her so much more intimidating...

Oh, the exact vignette where Moira decided she was going to boink Banshee. Always a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by mike627 View Post
    The X-men felt like The X-Men! I've been waiting for years for the franchise to get back on track.Rasputin and Cardinal series anyone? And one for Nimrod the lesser.
    How did they feel like X-men here when all we got was Magneto, Mystique and a creepy Xavier? This issue felt nothing like X-men, but something entirely different in a refreshing and interesting way

I wish a strong man would pick me up and call me foine.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Do not we all?

WeaponXyz

Old fan that caught wind of the reboot hype and decided to check it out. Came in with very low expectations and came away from the 1st 2 issues pleasantly surprised and ready to see where this all leads. I love the sci fi feel it's taken on and Hickman did a great job of setting the stage and making us ask questions before the story even addresses them. I also feel this is too grand an intro to be a swerve, or is it?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I was initially sceptical of the theory that Moira could be a Black Brain Telepath. But there is the small question of her icon:

Attachment 85340

(which is almost a theta with the top coloured in)

If she is, then it asks some huge questions. Not least being is this the Moira we know? My guess is yes. But if so how exactly does she exist? There are ways she could exist without time travel. Sinister may have made her years ago.

I can't help but add to the idea. What if she was not only a Black Brain Telepath, but was also Cardinal. What if Cardinal is a hive mind without being bounded by time? Has Sinister been playing an even longer game than it appears?
    Actually I wondered if that was why Xavier says "oh". He realizes that he can't actually read her mind.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Yeah it's still a holier than thou attitude. Magneto believes the mutant race is inherently superior to humans when really they're just cut from the same cloth. Mutants are capable of great acts of atrocities as well as acts of great good.

Naw the message would be "humanity sucks."
    Believe? They are superior.

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    Do not we all?
    Yeah, and fight demons for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    We'll see. No telling where Hickman will go with this. Given what I have heard of him, he apparently can set up things that seem like one thing, before going in a totally different direction that wasn't predicted.

My opinion is still the same, but it's subject to change as we get further into the story.
    smh at someone sympathizing with the filthy flatscans.

I didn't like this nearly as much as HoX. The future scenes with Rasputin IV and Cardinal seemed superfluous and predictable while the Moira/Charles scene was a bit sloppy for Hickman. The latter just didn't flow as smoothly as it could've and took a long, wordy route to get to its point.

The future scenes with the Chimeras made me think how both funny and great X-Fans are. It's taken a lot of heartfelt character work and 50+ issues for Kamala Khan to get her due for many Avengers fans while a couple of feats and vague motivations have given Rasputin IV a fruit basket to to the fandom lol. I think the concept behind Mister Sinister's machinations in allying with mutantkind are intriguing but...I liked the charts better lololol.

The Karima/Nimord scenes as well as the present day scenes were golden, maintaining the big world-building and ominous notes that really made House of X spectacular.

Definitely still on board and excited about this era of X-Men comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its like one of those urban legends that people keep repeating that it almost feels like fact even if there isnt any basis for it
    That's a side effect of the internet, that in addition to providing more knowledge to people than they've ever had, it also allows misinformation to be spread. Someone says something, someone else repeats it, someone else repeats it, etc., until it's all over the 'net, but no one can remember the source or provide any supporting evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    Back in the end of Fatal Attraction Xavier uses a Shiar built suit to walk. He claims it channels his limited TK to work.

Edit:xmen 25. I think it was fist time i saw it but others said it was a reference to the 80s.
    thats not what he says. The suit is powerd by psionic energy, not TK
    I have the physical X-Men #25 comic, and if someone hadn't addressed this, I was going to pull it out, because I remembered no such thing ever being said.

Which serves to illustrate the point about the spread of misinformation on the internet.
    Protex: “Tronix! Fluxus! What’s happening there? Zenturion? He’s only one man!”
    Superman: “The most… uh… dangerous man on earth…”
    — Superman on Batman, JLA #3 (Mar. 1997)

“He’s the most dangerous man alive in any comic universe.” — Wizard Magazine on Doctor Doom (Nov. 1998)

“[He’s] the most dangerous man in the Marvel universe, because his greatest weapon is the way he thinks and plans, his tremendous intellect.” — Tom Brevoort on T’Challa (Sep. 2010)