Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

We have been blessed by baby boy Nimrod, all of the questions are irrelevant.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    My inference there is that if the machine did it's job then they were successful in using it to win the war. I could definitely be wrong, I would just prefer there to be no mutants in the Year 1,000, because otherwise this becomes another "the oppressed become the oppressors" story, and I'm not here for that.
    I re-read the ending because you made me doubt. No, they are definetly trying to rescue the filed mutants. "We are losing them" the librarian says. And then Nimrod says "Homo sapines... so good to be done with all that". I take this means the mutants "won". But we do not know what the surprising end of the war was.
    Maybe most of the humans evolved?

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Belasco confirmed X23 soul was inferior because she was a clone. There's a correlation.
    Belasco is full of shit.

Belasco confirmed X23 soul was inferior because she was a clone. There's a correlation.
    X23 isnt a clone

I like when Hick blue-balls me when I'm thirsting to know who those 3 Asteroid K homies are.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Belasco is full of shit.
    Good argument. Very convincing.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    X23 isnt a clone
    Genetically engineered whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I am not a fan of the text pages. Even after having read them, obviously I am still missing stuff anyway like when it was mentioned the Shi'ar took over. Sure, that means when I have more time to read this for the fifth and sixth time (and the book is admittedly written and drawn well enough to do so) I will probably pick up everything. However, I don't think any of that adds enough to the story itself, nothing at least that could not be slipped in a sentence somewhere considering how much babbling does take up most of this book.
    It doesn’t actually say whether or not they did take over—just that Xandra was considering it. But I do think it is very likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    My inference there is that if the machine did it's job then they were successful in using it to win the war. I could definitely be wrong, I would just prefer there to be no mutants in the Year 1,000, because otherwise this becomes another "the oppressed become the oppressors" story, and I'm not here for that.
    The Librarian and Nimrod TG talk about how the war ended in a “surprising” way—why would they be surprised the machines won against the eight X-Men? I really don’t think a machine victory is what’s being shown there at all, especially with the Shi’ar mentions (and if mutants are vassals of the Shi’ar, then it’s arguable they’re still being oppressed)

Good argument. Very convincing.

Genetically engineered whatever.
    I mean, we know that Belasco and Mephisto lie all the time.

Belasco is full of shit.
    Yeah. One of the dude's titles is literally "The Prince of Lies".

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    The Librarian and Nimrod TG talk about how the war ended in a “surprising” way—why would they be surprised the machines won against the eight X-Men? I really don’t think a machine victory is what’s being shown there at all, especially with the Shi’ar mentions (and if mutants are vassals of the Shi’ar, then it’s arguable they’re still being oppressed)
    My interpretation was that the surprise was that they would eventually go to war with the humans as well, since in the prior time periods they were working together.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Yeah. One of the dude's titles is literally "The Prince of Lies".
    It's not like Belasco knew Marvel was going to retcon that.

BANNED

I mean, we know that Belasco and Mephisto lie all the time.
    And context is everything. Belasco told X23 he wouldn't take her soul bc it stinked of science right before killing her. There was no indication in the story and no reason for him to lie cuz if she had a human soul he could and would have taken it right there. Instead he vaporized her and resurrected her for torture purposes. It was a throwaway line referencing ongoing fan debate at the time of whether she had a soul or not.

Those text pieces, um how bout a double page splash, with narration boxes?

I liked reading them, but some cool art SHOWING US the events would have been betterm
    We are paying 6 bucks , after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    So apparently Rasputin does not have any DNA from Magik, but does carry her soul sword...I guess it makes sense since Magik's soul sword is not part of her mutant powers...but how the hell does Rasputin have it?
    Colossus has wielded the Soul Sword a few times in alternate universe versions

*only on the first page of the thread so apologies if this has already been discussed*

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    What were they thinking, trusting Mr.Sinister?
    The text says directly that the senior leadership all disappeared/were killed/whatever and linked to a document marked BETRAYAL, before instituting the Sinister program. So, the people who trusted Sinister first pulled a coup and eliminated those in charge. Probably not anyone too nice, and likely knew just what they were doing by trusting Sinister.