Page 28 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    Sums up 90s comics quite nicely. Cringe.
    exactly. i was kid in the 90s but my first comic was a jack kirby fantastic four issue. and you could clearly see the difference. In the 90s clearly people thought the artist is what's important but this is comics and that for me at least isn't all true. I love a long term team they gets to grow together and show their vision. That's why i feel manga sells more, the story and what exists in the world is just as canon as the artist on it and every time the artist changes the canon in a way does too. As someone who has good ideas but knows he needs to find a good writer to push himself i truly understand the symbiotic relationship. For all intents and purposes the writer is the director and the artist is the camera man trying to capture everything.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

It's an interesting idea, but I don't know why I'd be more pissed if Mystique turned out to be Moira. They're both such rich characters, I just kind of feel it would be reductive.

great text with little or no images at all
    Wherever I Go , The Wind Follows...............................And The Wind , It Smells Like Rain

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    FIVE if we count Vulcan, we don´t really know much about Moira´s personal life now that I think about it.
    We know a fair bit. She had a long and soapy history with Charles, Sean and her first husband whose name I cannot instantly recall (Joe?). Plus the deep relationship with Rahne, etc.

Spectacular Member Doctor_Foxey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Question... how come the author seems to be getting all the praise when it's the artist that makes the story pop? Everywhere I go, all I see is Hickman this, Hickman that... the artist needs more love IMO.
    I agree art has been gorgeous.
    check out my art if you are interested

https://doctor-rainbowfoxey.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    It's only a couple issues in.
    Imagine if these were coming out monthly?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Question... how come the author seems to be getting all the praise when it's the artist that makes the story pop? Everywhere I go, all I see is Hickman this, Hickman that... the artist needs more love IMO.
    Hickman has a strong following of drones online.
    But yes I wasn't very enthusiastic abt RB, nothing wrong with his art but it'ls looked like a poor man Immonen in the past but he knocked it out of the park on this issue. His work conveying Nimrod childish enthusiasm was very engaging.

Astonishing Member

So like any guesses on the information that Mystique stole and the information that Rasputin and her team stole? We have two sets of mutants from two different eras both stealing valuable information from their enemies that can't be a coincidence.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    So like any guesses on the information that Mystique stole and the information that Rasputin and her team stole? We have two sets of mutants from two different eras both stealing valuable information from their enemies that can't be a coincidence.
    Mystique stole the plans of the Orchis space station from HoX #1. How could u miss that? It was clearly detailed by Hickman genius storytelling using brilliant chart.

Mighty Member

Slightly wrong. Mystique stole neutral information not being used by anyone. And they clearly denoted that it was reed and stark tech. WHat particular reed and stark tech? Who knows, but it was something of both's

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

There was lot to take in with this issue. I enjoyed it, and found it all very exciting, but I didn't love it as much as House of X. I much prefer the story taking place in the present, but I understand that all of this is important to the overall story, so the future stuff doesn't bother me too much.

Yep, seems like there are parallels with DOFP.

Mighty Member

I'm over apocalyptic futures, I'm over of rip-off clones, and I'm over stories that just jump around, yet this issue worked for me. I think that's because Hickman is a good writer.

Also, at the end, the mutants won and recreated humans? Did I read that right? Seems that while Rasputin and her friends are doomed, that mutants do rebound again after that?

Kinda wish the years had been different. Instead of ten years before Krakoa housed mutants, maybe 15? Instead of 1000 years into future, maybe 500?

House of X is better for obvious reasons but I loved this issue too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the "bath" led to the psyche of the mutants corrupting the Nimrod programming so they became mutants as well. Sort of a mutant Supreme Intelligence.
    This is a good Theory I think think translating the Xmen to their own language could be a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Slightly wrong. Mystique stole neutral information not being used by anyone. And they clearly denoted that it was reed and stark tech. WHat particular reed and stark tech? Who knows, but it was something of both's
    Orchid's base is the Solar Hammer that Stark built. Not so "neutral."