Page 16 of 49 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Those text pieces, um how bout a double page splash, with narration boxes?

I liked reading them, but some cool art SHOWING US the events would have been betterm
    We are paying 6 bucks , after all.
    Right its lazy. Don't even qualify as storytelling.

cutie

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Those text pieces, um how bout a double page splash, with narration boxes?

I liked reading them, but some cool art SHOWING US the events would have been betterm
    We are paying 6 bucks , after all.
    The text pages are showing us information that would usually take arcs or more than a double page spread to convey. Hickman is compressing key information that we need while still giving us art with the primary story. It’s a win/win, you’re also paying for the writer.
    Last edited by Tycon; 07-31-2019 at 01:05 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    What were they thinking, trusting Mr.Sinister?
    That natural selection works.

Anyone who put their trust in a guy called Mr. Sinister deserved what they got.

The machines had the right idea: terminate him before he betrays you.

Mutants can't be the future of mankind if they fail at basic common sense.

God, I'd... I'd go through the Siege Perilous to protect that smile.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Right its lazy. Don't even qualify as storytelling.
    Novelists and their fans the world over would weep at reading the posts by you and Nick Miller :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    My interpretation was that the surprise was that they would eventually go to war with the humans as well, since in the prior time periods they were working together.
    I’m not sure that works with how the humans and machines had pretty much become one, nor the Librarian looking pretty organic.

Spectacular Member Doctor_Foxey's Avatar

Oh yeah almost forgot. The whole ‘peace time powers’ thing just shows Sinister’s lack of creativity.
    check out my art if you are interested

https://doctor-rainbowfoxey.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    Why should we spend hundreds of $$$ on X-MEN and Marvel comics now? No need to read any future X-Men stories; the future is written for 1000 years. What does any story matter now? No sense of mystery, or depth, or range, no matter who else writes the X-MEN from now on. Lovely stories, well-crafted, pretty high-concept super hero science fiction, but this is not the X-MEN I want to read exclusively from now on. I like different writers, different concepts, differing possible futures. As you say, I'm really really not interested in yet another dystopian future that is the destiny of the entire Marvel Universe.
    Then don't buy it....
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor_Foxey View Post
    Oh yeah almost forgot. The whole ‘peace time powers’ thing just shows Sinister’s lack of creativity.
    Well, his main plan for whatever is usually "Mix Summers and Grey DNA to see what happens."

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    Why should we spend hundreds of $$$ on X-MEN and Marvel comics now? No need to read any future X-Men stories; the future is written for 1000 years. What does any story matter now? No sense of mystery, or depth, or range, no matter who else writes the X-MEN from now on. Lovely stories, well-crafted, pretty high-concept super hero science fiction, but this is not the X-MEN I want to read exclusively from now on. I like different writers, different concepts, differing possible futures. As you say, I'm really really not interested in yet another dystopian future that is the destiny of the entire Marvel Universe.
    It's almost like this entire future is going to be prevented by the time House Of X and Powers of 10 end, or something.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Amazing Member

Woah!!! I somehow enjoyed this more than House of X. I initially was very skeptical of the Power of X half of this story 12 issue story. Figured another bland alt future. But this really impressed me. Instead of feeling meaningless, it almost feels too big and grand to grasp.

I'm most excited about seeing more of year 1 play out.

Also, really dig the data pages. They act as compiled footnotes, allowing the narrative in the story to flow more smoothly. Not at all lazy like some people seem to think. Instead, I see it as a cool blend of mediums.

Nimrod is Baymax

Maybe Forges Blue Baymax from New X-Men will make a resurgence

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I liked the issue and I liked HoX better but both are just introduction at the moment I want to wait and see where all this leads.

From what I saw I think that Powers of X is going to be the exposition book who is about past and future of the X-men in a very literal way while House of X is going to be where the main story will define itself. I am expecting a retroactive kind of story, where the actions taken by Xavier, Magneto and the X-men in the present are the result of whatever Moira said to Charles in the past and will affect directly their dystopic future.

This story makes me remember Bunn´s sub plot in X-men Blue, were past Charles send a telepathic message to Magneto because he needed the O5 back in their correct time and Magneto built the time machine for them, the same could be happening here, with Cylobel seending telephatic messages to "X", Charles or Moira so they can change what went wrong in their future but this time without time travel, just present X-men making different decisions.

Given in the end both Humans and Mutants ended destroying each other with the Shiar taking control of the Earth and Solar system while they were fighting my guess is that this is a story about them finding what they have in common and the need to save each other, but it´s still early to tell.

Other curious thing about this is that Magneto was very smug in HoX #1 with the ambassadors and is conversational with Mystique if a little sarcastic but the moment "X" shows up he completely shuts up and the conversation is led by Mystique and "X " this is a little OC for him imo, he usually enjoys his debates with Charles, Mystique or both, but he seemed very subdued this issue.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 07-31-2019 at 01:28 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

I had to go back and look at Hickman's New Avengers run. There's a section where Cap's Avengers confront Tony over him wiping Cap's memories of the Illuminati blowing up planets. The Time Gem appears in Cap's hand and starts jumping the Avengers ahead in time.

Betrayal + 50 years: Starbrand notes there's lots of bioengineered structures mixed in with modern architecture. Avengers are still human and original members are old
    Betrayal + 422 years: Earth transformed into Planet Ultron, Avengers are cyborg replicas based on the real ones, humans that stayed on PU are in zoo, rest fled to other worlds
    Betrayal + 5045 years: "Humans not defined by Earth", humans biologically linked to genetically engineered mining colliers, avengers world, Franklin Richards lives on a floating plant island with Groot (asteroid K?)
    Betrayal + 51028 years: Giant planet with a monolith (avengers world?), run by a Worldcore that used to be Ultron, planned to extract information from Cap using the same technique Nimrod used Cylobel
    Betrayal + Forever: The time of the Last Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    They trusted DARK BEAST.

He had a DARK in the name.
    Lol, sad but true.