Page 26 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    That would make slot of sense since in year one Moira said she talked to a psychic at the fair. What if that psychic was destiny and e she's telling Charles future a decade later
    Ooooo, I like that, though it still seems like it would only be a small piece of the puzzle, it could easily fit!

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Hickman made me stop lurking. This is the most excited I've been about the books since a) Morrison or b) Kinky Grandpa Claremont's first run.

I can't be the only one wondering if Moira (I miss her OTT Scots brogue) is actually Sinister or a Sinister variant/sleeper of some sort all along, based on the opening in the past. I'd be both a little pissed and kind of amazed if it went there. Moira was always a favorite of mine.
    Hah! Kinky Claremont. Nope, you aren’t the only one. Post #287.

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    Maybe Moira has been Sinister all along. Remember she’s a geneticist and expert in mutant affairs that just happened to appear on the scene. This POX flashback hints that she’s cynical, fatalistic, and fixated on Xavier. Sinister is long-lived with abilities that include shape-shifting, telepathy, and... telekinesis. He also clones himself.

Wait... has Xavier been a Sinister clone (all along) that somehow went astray?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ISnowNothin View Post
    They do, though. a Few times.
    In story. But the only time they've called her by her full name was when JDW called her Moira Kinross, her maiden name. And the cipher calls her Moira X.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

If Destiny is alive (or they have her diaries), Cyclops's mission in X-Men at the end of POX / HOX could be to find ways to alter that future from the present.

His "Summers team" could, for example, go to the Shi'ar Empire to set some pieces in motion. If this is like Foundation, Irene would be their psychohistory

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I want Moira back too but I agree that the Moira in this issue looks almost as mysterious as "Charles "X" Xavier in HoX. Still Moira was there for the X-men since the begining, she personally took care of three omega level mutants(proteus, legion, Magneto), she told the story of Vulcan´s team and Krakoa so she may as well really be back but maybe she wasn´t just human.
    FOUR Omegas if you count Jean/Phoenix. Hmm. Curious... what do we really know about Rose Byrne, anyway?

Spectacular Member Doctor_Foxey's Avatar

I tend to be dramatic when I argue a point sometimes. My point was I can understand anyone that’s expecting the same that we’ve had because we’ve been promised different and got more of the same.

I grown used to disappointment when it comes to my favs. However, I am hopeful and excited for what Hickman is weaving. I love the sturdy covers and the deal I got with my mail subscriptions. Both together cost me only 50 dollars. So I can cautiously deliver three thumbs up so far for HOX and POX even if we don’t get spider peace in the end.
    check out my art if you are interested

https://doctor-rainbowfoxey.tumblr.com/

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    In story. But the only time they've called her by her full name was when JDW called her Moira Kinross, her maiden name. And the cipher calls her Moira X.
    In story, and on the opening page of the issue, it has the quote she says in the issue attributed to "Moira MacTaggert," not Moira X.

That would make slot of sense since in year one Moira said she talked to a psychic at the fair. What if that psychic was destiny and now she's telling Charles future a decade later
    Great catch. Yes, the fortune teller “selling his wares.” Gender aside, those tarot cards are the cryptic kind of thing Destiny would say.

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    Great catch. Yes, the fortune teller “selling his wares.” Gender aside, those tarot cards are the cryptic kind of thing Destiny would say.
    The fortune teller could easily be mystique in disguise giving a message destiny told her to.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Spectacular Member

The fortune teller could easily be mystique in design giving a message destiny told her to.
    I mean, even if none of this is accurate, it's all kind of awesome.

Fantastic Member

X-Forums 1 - six months ago

95% of posters: Gahhhhh, Matt Rosenberg's stories are the worst! Kill!
    5% of posters: it was good ::flee::

X-Forums 2 - now

5% of posters: I dont like reading words! Kill!
    95% of posters: This New Testament is life.

See, Hickman really IS doing something different!

_
    X-Forums 3 - six months from now

100% of posters: Who knew that Fallen Angels would be the breakout hit of DoX.
    Last edited by magneticmushroom; 07-31-2019 at 05:42 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    So what did you think of the ending? Did a Shi-ar backed mutant fleet take the plante and put the humans in Reservations? Did the Machines betray the humans? Is the blue man a further mutated Xavier?
    Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the "bath" led to the psyche of the mutants corrupting the Nimrod programming so they became mutants as well. Sort of a mutant Supreme Intelligence.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by magneticmushroom View Post
    X-Forums 1 - six months ago

95% of posters: Gahhhhh, Matt Rosenberg's stories are the worst! Kill!
    5% of posters: it was good ::flee::

X-Forums 2 - now

5% of posters: I dont like reading words! Kill!
    95% of posters: This New Testament is life.

See, Hickman really IS doing something different!

_
    X-Forums 3 - six months from now

100% of posters: Who knew that Fallen Angels would be the breakout hit of DoX.
    I'm holl'n

Question... how come the author seems to be getting all the praise when it's the artist that makes the story pop? Everywhere I go, all I see is Hickman this, Hickman that... the artist needs more love IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The alternatives to the sexy graphic info pages are

A. Just showing everything that happened with art, which would be bad for this book because this info is meant to set the story going on but also make us ask more questions that will be answered in this long story

B. The information is not there, at which point we have no reference for these things and are just banging our heads for months as crumbs are dribbled out

C. The absolute worst-case scenario, because A and B can still be done very well but that's not a goal of this story, C would be having immersion break so characters can awkwardly explain stuff they already know, which is unacceptable because this is not the 20th century and Jim Shooter is not EiC.
    Or just have narration boxes over a kickass splash page.

Its really simple, bit like i said I enjoyed reading the text.