Page 9 of 49 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I don't know if Moira is a black brain, but I think she is Cylobel. If not physically, I think maybe Cylobel's consciousness has been transferred back, similar to Kitty in DoFP. Her talking about walking through the fair and then seeing Charles is almost like talking about the X-Men to Ascension, and that would mean Charles is the blue guy, and that she was (in that vat) waiting for someone, him, and this is not about telling Xavier that his dream is real as a promise, but a warning.

It kind of has to, right? X-Men was never about winning, it was about protecting the people of the world.
    Very cool theory that Moira is Cylobel. Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    This had so much information, and honestly I had to read it 3 times because I was Totally confused.
    It was a hard but full of joy read for me too. Finally a book don't feel short, dull or meaningless.

Didn't like it as much as HoX

7/10

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Xandra....so was she KT's idea or Hickman's? Im really starting to believe the rumor/theory that he gave JDW an outline of what he needed created and put into place before his run and that the writers werent given as much freedom as they'd like us to believe
    I remember someone saying that KT told that Xandra was editorially mandated. So maybe, some of the developments we saw could be what Hickman asked.

BTW, the new Powers of X #2 "then" page reads: "Hello old friend"
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorsify View Post
    That is also possible. To be honest, my hope is that it's true it isn't a time-travel story, because that is what happens with every dystopian future story and then we just get a shitty, gritty, edgy version of a character from a fucked up future and I'd.. rather.. not. I want them to be kept separate and that to be true, because then it isn't just yet another cable/bishop/old man logan/rachel/every other future character coming to the past to warn the present mutants about what they should and shouldn't be doing. That is so played out.

I'm hoping Hickman is better than that. In three months we'll see.
    I think that Moira just travelled back in time from X3 to X0. She will show her mind to Xavier and it will change everyrhing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    A lot to unpack here, but I think the twist in the end is that the X-men must fight not save mutantkind from extinction, but humankind itself, and from keeping mutants as second class citizens in a machine dominated world.
    Could work.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I remember someone saying that KT told that Xandra was editorially mandated. So maybe, some of the developments we saw could be what Hickman asked.
    makes sense. He Xandra needed to be created and KT worked her into her Rogue and Gambit plans

Spectacular Member Doctor_Foxey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    So in the present you see the start of the man-machine alliance with Karima in the Forge with the Orchid people. Then in a hundred years the humans are subservient to the machines, and keep evolving. In the far future, it would seem machines and mutants are allied and what is left of humankind is a few dudes in a reservation. But we do not know the whole story yet. This actually kind of works with old continuity, as other have said.
    So maybe machine mutant spider peace after all? Also the quote about Sinister sounds like something Cyclops would say lol. Imagine him being like being like ‘yeah naw later mates I’m going to go be somewhere else. I think I’ll be a space pirate like me dad.’
    Last edited by Doctor_Foxey; 07-31-2019 at 10:19 AM.
    check out my art if you are interested

https://doctor-rainbowfoxey.tumblr.com/

Really enjoyed this issue -- for much the same reason I loved Morrison's Here Comes Tomorrow issues: I really enjoy seeing how the choices made by individuals in the present have effects that carry on, long into the future. I think it adds something to the themes of the X-Men in general.

Hickman does a great job of making clear what he wants the reader to understand, considering how complicated this type of story can get. For me, the biggest question is the identity of Moira; she seemed to have information about the future somehow, and her familiarity with Xavier didn't seem innocent.

What I liked best about this issue is that it wasn't solely focused on the past/future -- I was glad to see movement on the present Mystique plot.

It's fun to be this excited about a series again! Hickman has created something incredibly engaging so far!

-Pav, who has Runaways and Death's Head to read...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    A lot to unpack here, but I think the twist in the end is that the X-men must fight not save mutantkind from extinction, but humankind itself, and from keeping mutants as second class citizens in a machine dominated world.
    I think they'll have to end up fighting to preserve Scemma to prevent another dystopian future

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I think they'll have to end up fighting to preserve Scemma to prevent another dystopian future

I very much enjoyed this, but not as much as HoX.

If this isn't a time travel story, I wonder how all of the future timelines will affect the main story and the direction moving forward? Like why not just focus on the present and past?

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    I very much enjoyed this, but not as much as HoX.

If this isn't a time travel story, I wonder how all of the future timelines will affect the main story and the direction moving forward? Like why not just focus on the present and past?
    It could be like Here Comes Tomorrow, which wasnt a time travel story but had implications for present day

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Don't remember it but I think it may be true.