Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Nimrod the lessor will be the break out character of Hickman's run.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    These new characters aren’t very interesting. Just a hodgepodge of classic X-Men.
    I mean we literally had one issue of them not even a full issue. This is more of a setup issue rather than one that's meant to delve into the new characters but still we got some interesting backstory on Rasputin, Cardinal, and Cylobel.

Also I find it funny that people aren't mentioning the fact that the Shi'ar Empire and Queen Xandra has their own mutant army they plan to unleash on the Sol System maybe that's the "surprising" end to the Human-Machine-Mutant War that The Librarian spoke of.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    These new characters aren’t very interesting. Just a hodgepodge of classic X-Men.
    I think they are cloning just the x-gene, they seem like their own individuals... to some extent, because Rasputing is obssesing with rescuing her little sister and the cardinal is a priest, sooo.

BANNED

I hope we get to see what’s going on with the 7+ thousand mutants who are living on the Shi’ar home world.

BANNED

There's less than 2000 mutants on the home world, another 8 thousand are on the edge of shi'ar space in a station.

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    Nimrod the lessor will be the break out character of Hickman's run.
    He's adorable. I move to nickname him "Kawaii-Rod" on the forums. ;P

I liked the issue. Definitely feels like we're knee deep in Hickman's world. Can't wait to see how this plays out even if we need to trudge through issues like this that are 99% world building.

Mighty Member

So of all the x-men. Wolverine and Magneto live the longest.

The two 'oldest'

Ain't that a bitch

So what did you think of the ending? Did a Shi-ar backed mutant fleet take the plante and put the humans in Reservations? Did the Machines betray the humans? Is the blue man a further mutated Xavier?

Well it just says Rasuptin? It doesnt say Colossus. So maybe the Rasputin line gives her both since they are genetically related.

Also Nimrod did have that one moment of being a cute child.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    There's less than 2000 mutants on the home world, another 8 thousand are on the edge of shi'ar space in a station.
    I like this new twist to the dystopian X-World they tend to only be earth centric so the fact that the mutants are hiding out in Shi'ar space (longtime sorta allies to the X-Men) just seems like such a logical step to take.

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    So what did you think of the ending? Did a Shi-ar backed mutant fleet take the plante and put the humans in Reservations? Did the Machines betray the humans? Is the blue man a further mutated Xavier?
    All of the above?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    So of all the x-men. Wolverine and Magneto live the longest.

The two 'oldest'

Ain't that a bitch
    That's probably a chimera mutant and not Magneto.

Astonishing Member

Nimrod better live. They're the main character we deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Well it just says Rasuptin? It doesnt say Colossus. So maybe the Rasputin line gives her both since they are genetically related.

Also Nimrod did have that one moment of being a cute child.
    It does say the powerset she has is the one for "Meta.." I am assuming metamorph or metal transformation. Maybe Yana just gave her the Soulsword because they are "related"?

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    So apparently Rasputin does not have any DNA from Magik, but does carry her soul sword...I guess it makes sense since Magik's soul sword is not part of her mutant powers...but how the hell does Rasputin have it?
    In times of Magik's death or deaging, it has passed to Shadowcat. So maybe she is able to use it through the Pryde DNA.

Astonishing Member

Honestly a Shi'ar alliance with the Machines with mutants as second class citizens and humans regulated to an Adam and Eve existence inside a Nature Preserve sounds wicked.