Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

What were they thinking, trusting Mr.Sinister?

Spectacular Member Doctor_Foxey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'm still processing but i'm man enough to admit i cried. It really came out of nowhere. I was reading what was done to mutants, the page about breeding and hunting and less than human and i thought of slaves being bred to work and being forced to hunt each other and i lost it. I don't think that was the intent at all but man. This was a really good read.
    It’s both a good thing when a work can be relatable like that isn’t it? Though I imagine sometimes it isn’t.
    check out my art if you are interested

https://doctor-rainbowfoxey.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    Mystique's demands?

Destiny?
    That's what I was thinking. She'll get Destiny back for a bit, lose her again, end up crazier than ever, & betray the X-Men, leading to bad future 500. Lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 07-31-2019 at 10:56 AM.

I don't think we should assume that anyone is going to try to change this future.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I'm still processing but i'm man enough to admit i cried. It really came out of nowhere. I was reading what was done to mutants, the page about breeding and hunting and less than human and i thought of slaves being bred to work and being forced to hunt each other and i lost it. I don't think that was the intent at all but man. This was a really good read.
    Did you cry the other 100 times Marvel used the Hounds story plot?
    "Cable was right!"

I know we were complaining about Karima being white washed last week, but turning her red isn't better

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

She's a flatscan. No one cares.

She's totally boning Nimrod tho.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    The breeding thing can make all the difference.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    So in the present you see the start of the man-machine alliance with Karima in the Forge with the Orchid people. Then in a hundred years the humans are subservient to the machines, and keep evolving. In the far future, it would seem machines and mutants are allied and what is left of humankind is a few dudes in a reservation. But we do not know the whole story yet. This actually kind of works with old continuity, as other have said.
    Machines and Mutants aren't actually allied in the 1000 Future. It would seem all the Mutants Ditched Earths Solar System. The people in the Humanoids in that Reserve i'd say are mutants. I don't think there are any humans left since the control of the Man-Machines.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Machines and Mutants aren't actually allied in the 1000 Future. It would seem all the Mutants Ditched Earths Solar System. The people in the Humanoids in that Reserve i'd say are mutants. I don't think there are any humans left since the control of the Man-Machines.
    Nah, the people in the reserve are humans. It's possible the shi'ar reclaimed earth using mutants as hinted at in the data pages.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Blue guy is speaking about homo sapiens and keeping remnants of the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor_Foxey View Post
    It’s both a good thing when a work can be relatable like that isn’t it? Though I imagine sometimes it isn’t.
    In this case it was definitely good. The pages that had no art really just let my mind wonder with the info given.

That aside this was a really good issue. I think i enjoyed this one just as much if not more than House of X one and it felt more like a continuation rather than a different book. Another thing that stood out to me was how casually Xavier used telekinesis. I know it's been hinted and sometimes kind of shown he could but this was just so blatant.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Question.....

I’ve been away from the x universe for well over a decade now. However I’m looking to buy this story just because it seems interesting and looks like it will have some real consequences. That being said, would I be able to pick this up and enjoy it as a stand alone series or would I be completely lost stepping into it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I don't get your point? You either feel something when your reading or you don't. No offense but the question doesn't make any sense unless your seriously asking which the answer would be no. Maybe i'm taking the question too literal?
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

I don't get your point? You either feel something when your reading or you don't. No offense but the question doesn't make any sense unless your seriously asking which the answer would be no. Maybe i'm taking the question too literal?
    I think he was probably being facetious.