Page 29 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    Who's saying its game changing? The issues highlighted in red are the "big stuff happens" issues. HOX #2/5 and POX #6.

The Moria and Charles meeting may be game changing. We have to wait and see.
    Marvel tweeted that the page between Moira and Charles in the most important one in X-Men history.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    Marvel tweeted that the page between Moira and Charles in the most important one in X-Men history.
    Yeah that scene was supposed to be the shocking one, but it ended in a cliffhanger. Maybe that's why Issue 2 is so good? What Charles read is revealed next issue?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Mystique stole the plans of the Orchis space station from HoX #1. How could u miss that? It was clearly detailed by Hickman genius storytelling using brilliant chart.
    No it wasn't all we know is that they broke into Damage Control and stole some data that about...something?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Orchid's base is the Solar Hammer that Stark built. Not so "neutral."
    They didn't steal from Orchis or Stark, they stole from Damage Control.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    No it wasn't all we know is that they broke into Damage Control and stole some data that about...something?
    But... But.... The charts!!!

BANNED

My biggest fear is that I’ll lose interest after PoX and HoX

Probably won’t care about the main book or New Mutants

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Yeah that scene was supposed to be the shocking one, but it ended in a cliffhanger. Maybe that's why Issue 2 is so good? What Charles read is revealed next issue?
    That woud line up with Hickman's writing. If they said it's the most important page in X-Men history it's one in hindsight you'll look back at his story and say 'ooooooooooooooooh it was right there in front of us the whole time'. He did that with New Avengers, he literally spoiled that time was going to run out for everything, that the Beyonders/others were actively making it happen and that Tony/Cap were going to fight to the death as everything fell apart waaaay in advance. But at the time when you're reading that issue you don't look at it that way you're just thinking: well that was one heck of an issue but I'm not sure what it has to do with anything.

BANNED

The advantage of having a critically acclaimed writer on the flagship is it'll inspire other writers to up their games. So Im optimistic abt that. Downside is a bunch of them will probably miss the point of what Hickey's doing.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    We know a fair bit. She had a long and soapy history with Charles, Sean and her first husband whose name I cannot instantly recall (Joe?). Plus the deep relationship with Rahne, etc.
    She also was looking for a cure for Kevinīs (proteus) problem, his body could not contain his power, by experimenting with other mutants like Magneto and maybe Legion. She also did most of the work to cure the Legacy Virus. curious very curious
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Overall, the issue still has me excited and captured.

I want to see Rasputin IV on a team already.
    Love her design and power set.

KRAKOA IS GORGEOUS btw.
    Last edited by Stormultt Divine; 07-31-2019 at 07:32 PM.

Astonishing Member

I can't get over how HILARIOUS it is that the Mutants trusted Sinister with ANYTHING,

Mutants: Well most of our leadership is wiped out and and were losing the war I'm sure Sinister can't **** us over THAT badly.

Sinister: *proceeds to wipe out out 40% of the mutant population destroying Krakoa and turning Mars into a singularity*

Mutants: O.O goddammit.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I can't get over how HILARIOUS it is that the Mutants trusted Sinister with ANYTHING,

Mutants: Well most of our leadership is wiped out and and were losing the war I'm sure Sinister can't **** us over THAT badly.

Sinister: *proceeds to wipe out out 40% of the mutant population destroying Krakoa and turning Mars into a singularity*

Mutants: O.O goddammit.
    Lol
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Fantastic Member

So like any guesses on the information that Mystique stole and the information that Rasputin and her team stole? We have two sets of mutants from two different eras both stealing valuable information from their enemies that can't be a coincidence.
    Not to mention that in both cases, there were three mutants, one was captured. Sabertooth and Sinister are pretty intimately connected, aren’t they?
    Last edited by Jness; 07-31-2019 at 08:00 PM.

Hickman does like to play with Biblical mythology & I love it.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    Not to mention that in both cases, there were three mutants, one was captured. Sabertooth and Sinister are pretty intimately connected, aren’t they?
    Creed worked for him in the Marauders. It was supposed to be a clone, but writers have Claremont have it as being the real thing. Eh. Then they had some interactions in Weapon X when Creed got over on him.

Otherwise, nothing too intimate about them. No more than Sinister x Polaris.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 07-31-2019 at 08:17 PM.