Page 31 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

As a typical example of how trying to second guess Hickman sends us down rabbit holes. It turns out that although the greek letter Theta is usually written as Ɵ it originated as the Etruscan symbol which is our familiar cross in a circle.

Then, not only do we see this in the X on the cover, it also crops up in upright form on the page with the fortune teller:

teller.jpg

and is repeated when Moira appears.

And then when one notes that the tarot cards are visible, one wonders if this specific all seeing eye symbol is important. Especially as the design is echoed in the fortune teller himself.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 08-01-2019 at 05:27 AM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

JKtheMac and JamJams brought up Hickman's Betrayal+ timeline from Avengers, and I'm pretty convinced that the Old Man that Wolverine brought up is going to be your boyfriend and mine, Franklin Richards.

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    Attachment 85328

So this scene happens in The World and this issue mostly looks forward in time.

Seems like there is more than meets the eye going on... perhaps in HOX and POX we’re watching Xavier run through an experiment in The World to see where his dream leads.
    That'd be a pretty interesting correlation between Hickman's Ultimates run. People have been comparing X's design to The Maker, who did something similar with his City.

Quote Originally Posted by SchismOfMadroces View Post
    JKtheMac and JamJams brought up Hickman's Betrayal+ timeline from Avengers, and I'm pretty convinced that the Old Man that Wolverine brought up is going to be your boyfriend and mine, Franklin Richards.
    Yes that was my first thought too.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

For some reason i'm starting to feel its connected in the way that Xavier has the full helmet on because he is literally watching the future through it as this all happens. Whether it's through destiny or connecting to destiny through the astral plain and that would also explain his specific gifts to humans. longer life, and a cure to all disease, thereby Xavier is doing everything he can to not only foster good relations but he is specifically trying to help humanity while helping mutants. And perhaps that is why he did it in the world, maybe somhow being in the world he is able to use that time ability it has to go through the future in a relatively short amount of time.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

To clarify. Are people seriously suggesting that the future we are seeing is not the actual future, but a projection? Again this would let Xavier off the hook. He is up to dodgy things for unknown reasons. You don't set up a brand new status quo for a new run by being dishonest with the readers like that IMO.

It is entirely possible that Xavier is internally making predictions and micro managing events based upon a projected future, but effectively that amounts to the future we are seeing being the actual future. Again, this would mirror God Emperor Dune and the Golden Path idea. The notion that the future can only be secured via extreme action because all other futures lead to annihilation.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    To clarify. Are people seriously suggesting that the future we are seeing is not the actual future, but a projection? Again this would let Xavier off the hook. He is up to dodgy things for unknown reasons. You don't set up a brand new status quo for a new run by being dishonest with the readers like that IMO.

It is entirely possible that Xavier is internally making predictions and micro managing events based upon a projected future, but effectively that amounts to the future we are seeing being the actual future. Again, this would mirror God Emperor Dune and the Golden Path idea. The notion that the future can only be secured via extreme action because all other futures lead to annihilation.
    I believe it is a vision of the future as it's playing out based on what he is doing. So i think Xavier is adjusting the roll out of Krakoa to try to avoid maximum damage. Sort of like when people were looking for the books of destiny.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

That's actually awesome, and pure Hickman. I really didn't enjoy Dune very much up until that book, and then it was great.

BANNED

I wonder what role Exodus plays...he wasnt brought up as a omega mutant like that for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    I wonder what role Exodus plays...he wasnt brought up as a omega mutant like that for no reason.
    It's to demonstrate that being an omega mutant is no protection from totally sucking.

the future being a projection wold be a waste of time.

1000 years mutants seems to be the dominating species

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    It's to demonstrate that being an omega mutant is no protection from totally sucking.
    LOL yeah, true story

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    the future being a projection wold be a waste of time.
    and a poor plot device.

and a poor plot device.
    All the times hickman did showed the future on avengers and FF they were the real thing

Astonishing Member

All the times hickman did showed the future on avengers and FF they were the real thing
    I wonder what happened to the other Omega mutants post Betrayal is Franklin still allied with the humans after all this time?

I NEED ANSWERS!!!
    Last edited by loke13; 08-01-2019 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I wonder what happened to the other Omega mutants post betrayal is Franklin still allied with the humans after all this time?

I NEED ANSWERS!!!
    A few of us think he is the unseen “old man” that Wolverine refers to, based on Asteroid K looking very much like the tree platform / garden in Hickman’s Avengers.

It is a basic rule of narrative, that unless there is a clear illusion theme the reader should be able to trust what they are seeing.

This is one of the reasons you sometimes see stories dismissed by critics as rehashing ‘An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge’ which is a famous short story that breaks this rule as part of its premise.

It’s not that it can never be done, but that it needs to be done with a purpose and with care. Usually there is a clue.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 08-01-2019 at 08:26 AM.