Page 36 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member Doctor_Foxey's Avatar

Oh I just thought of something fun. This may just be my Adhd but the Xmen and Krakoa kind of remind me of one of my other favorite things, The Rats of Nimh. The mish of plants and technology in particular. Ooooh and the mirror reminds me of the portals.
    Last edited by Doctor_Foxey; 08-01-2019 at 03:12 PM.
    check out my art if you are interested

https://doctor-rainbowfoxey.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Have to agree. The ending 1,000 years in the future where mutants have herded humans into a preserve (reserve) was a bit uncomfortable. Not offensive, but made me iffy on the mutants.
    Saving two individuals from annihilation is not ‘herding’.

Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    Wouldn’t “Asteroid K” just stand for Krakoa?
    Yes. I even said that earlier in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtinctionTeam View Post
    I have no idea what's going on really but it sure it beautiful. The best x-books I've read in 5 years. I tried getting back into it during red but it just wasn't the right moment for me, this clearly is.

Magneto's dialogue has been wonderful so far.
    It probably wasn’t the right moment because it wasn’t very good in the end.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Saving two individuals from annihilation is not ‘herding’.
    Given the alien mutant's comment about saving artifacts to point at & hoping they never rule again didn't seem like saving anything from anything. They keep humans around in a "preserve" as a reminder of an pathetic / bad inferior time or group.

So mutants have become dominant, and any humans still around get put in a zoo. And not for their protection, given the speech.

The tables appear to have turned where instead of humans oppressing mutants, the mutants now oppress the humans. And eventually, we'll probably flip back again with the humans rising.

So far, it just seems like a back & forth with 1 shoe.

Given the alien mutant's comment about saving artifacts to point at & hoping they never rule again didn't seem like saving anything from anything. They keep humans around in a "preserve" as a reminder of an pathetic / bad inferior time or group.

So mutants have become dominant, and any humans still around get put in a zoo. And not for their protection, given the speech.

The tables appear to have turned where instead of humans oppressing mutants, the mutants now oppress the humans. And eventually, we'll probably flip back again with the humans rising.

So far, it just seems like a back & forth with 1 shoe.
    Still not herding. That’s effectively Adam and Eve. The implication is pretty clear that there will be some kind of cycle to history. It’s not oppression when they would be extinct if not there.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Still not herding. That’s effectively Adam and Eve. The implication is pretty clear that there will be some kind of cycle to history. It’s not oppression when they would be extinct if not there.
    No needing to argue word games. Either way it's sliced,, humans are being suppressed & treated as animals, being kept in a zoo. Whether to laugh & be pointed at, or to breed & study as animals. The comments made as we see the two captive humans painted a clear picture of how mutants now see & treat humans.

As the mutant said, the only reason they keep the few humans around is a reminder to an inferior species who once ruled over Earth, and they're kept as a reminder of past flaws while hoping, possibly making sure they don't come into power again.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-01-2019 at 03:22 PM.

This concept of a human zoo keeps reminding me of Steven Universe lol

No needing to argue word games. Either way it's sliced,, humans are being suppressed & treated as animals, being kept in a zoo. Whether to laugh & be pointed at, or to breed & study as animals. The comments made as we see the two captive humans painted a clear picture of how mutants now see & treat humans.

As the mutant said, the only reason they keep the few humans around is a reminder to an inferior species who once ruled over Earth, and they're kept as a reminder of past flaws while hoping, possibly making sure they don't come into power again.
    You are seeing it much more negativity than the story itself does. We have a couple of cynical individuals talking about why they are there, BUT they are there. The raw fact is they are the only two examples of humanity we are aware of and the “wild population” is probably extinct. That’s not “the oppressed becoming the oppressor” regardless of their dialogue.

On one level, there is no point in telling a story about the evolution of intelligent machines and mutants inheriting the legacy that is the Earth if there are still humans to share it with. That’s not evolution and it’s certainly not ascendancy, that’s politics. The story takes a very clear tack. The premise is accepting the inevitability of one or other of the species surviving given the history of conflict between the two species.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor_Foxey View Post
    Oh I just thought of something fun. This may just be my Adhd but the Xmen and Krakoa kind of remind me of one of my other favorite things, The Rats of Nimh. The mish of plants and technology in particular. Ooooh and the mirror reminds me of the portals.
    Imgur Link

I really wouldn’t be surprised if this movie didn’t inspire some the design. The movie is basically about mutant rats. It could just be a coincidence though.
    Last edited by Doctor_Foxey; 08-01-2019 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Gifs didn’t work

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    This concept of a human zoo keeps reminding me of Steven Universe lol

Oh yeah cool it does remind me of that.

You are seeing it much more negativity than the story itself does. We have a couple of cynical individuals talking about why they are there, BUT they are there. The raw fact is they are the only two examples of humanity we are aware of and the “wild population” is probably extinct. That’s not “the oppressed becoming the oppressor” regardless of their dialogue.

On one level, there is no point in telling a story about the evolution of intelligent machines and mutants inheriting the legacy that is the Earth if there are still humans to share it with. That’s not evolution and it’s certainly not ascendancy, that’s politics. The story takes a very clear tack. The premise is accepting the inevitability of one or other of the species surviving given the history of conflict between the two species.
    We'll see. No telling where Hickman will go with this. Given what I have heard of him, he apparently can set up things that seem like one thing, before going in a totally different direction that wasn't predicted.

My opinion is still the same, but it's subject to change as we get further into the story.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

at first I didnt like it but now I feel like it was equally a solid issue as the first one if not better. looking forward to the next issues
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

We'll see. No telling where Hickman will go with this. Given what I have heard of him, he apparently can set up things that seem like one thing, before going in a totally different direction that wasn't predicted.

My opinion is still the same, but it's subject to change as we get further into the story.
    That wasn’t the case with his Avengers run. The grand sweep of his narrative was always going to end the way it did, with Steve and Tony fighting as the world ended. I would say his overall plot direction is usually reasonably easy to get a grip on. On the other hand we need to see more to judge that. For example if he ends up going in a cyclical time route that would need some explanation in the context of Marvel cosmology. Not impossible but tricky. The seeds for Secret Wars were harder to guess, but they slowly came into focus as reveals fell into place.

He clearly has some reveals coming. The main one early on being why exactly this radical direction has been taken by Xavier But we have a few theories and I expect one or two of them to be close to what we get. Epic science fiction about evolution tends to go in certain directions.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I have no idea what's going on really but it sure it beautiful. The best x-books I've read in 5 years. I tried getting back into it during red but it just wasn't the right moment for me, this clearly is.

Agreed X men red was good but there was something missing in the end. Maybe more team dynamics.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Exactly.
    The pounds of new mythos and fresh concepts have me living.
    Its so... SCI FI. I absolutely love and adore it.
    This is X-men.

ok someone please tell me what the :::beeeeeeep::: is going the :::beeeeep::: on?! :::Beeeeeeep:::: what the :::beeeep::: :::beeeeeeeeep:: Gosh.