Page 41 of 49 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    I'm not convinced that these are humans in the "zoo." I think there is a possibility that those are mutants (the one figure could pass for Logan IMO), and that the terrarium might be a recreation of "what worked" in the generations prior. I think Hickman might be wanting people to wonder if the Krakoa era X-Men might actually be the terrarium that the Librarian is watching over? It's a stretch, but that's the first thing my mind thought of when I read that last page.
    I thought the exact same thing.

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

why would the librarian keep mutants in a habitat as a reminder of the mistakes of the past?
    I dont understand. Doesnt fit, thematically. Humans would be more logical since theyre extinct?

I mean, obviously it wasnt explicitly stated so i'm just examining it.

Quote Originally Posted by Graphicisnovel View Post
    why would the librarian keep mutants in a habitat as a reminder of the mistakes of the past?
    I dont understand. Doesnt fit, thematically. Humans would be more logical since theyre extinct?

I mean, obviously it wasnt explicitly stated so i'm just examining it.
    It was humans on that zoo

Im aware but if other readers interpreted in another way I want to understand why.

It's not lost on me that theyre implied to humans, nor is it lost on my that that scene was contrasted with a quote by Rasputin saying "Humans lost their souls long ago" when it depicts mutants keeping humans in a cage.

Shout out to everyone with their keen eyes, research and theories. This board is now really the companion piece to House of X and Powers of X. And what a great time it is for us b/c we have a community who will read, dissect and discuss these books in a healthy way. This board really shows very little negativity and all of the other mess you see on the internet.
    I appreciate y'all. Truly. Now are we gonna get our minds blown on Wednesday or what?!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    Shout out to everyone with their keen eyes, research and theories. This board is now really the companion piece to House of X and Powers of X. And what a great time it is for us b/c we have a community who will read, dissect and discuss these books in a healthy way. This board really shows very little negativity and all of the other mess you see on the internet.
    I appreciate y'all. Truly. Now are we gonna get our minds blown on Wednesday or what?!!!!
    I read this twice because I though you were being sarcastic. lmaoo

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Im aware but if other readers interpreted in another way I want to understand why.

It's not lost on me that theyre implied to humans, nor is it lost on my that that scene was contrasted with a quote by Rasputin saying "Humans lost their souls long ago" when it depicts mutants keeping humans in a cage.
    My guess is that they are the last humans left on Earth 1 000 hudred years in the future and thatīs why Nimrod has remorse because what he did didnīt help the human race at all and the mutants of the Shiar Empire still took over the planet and the entire Solar system.

If Moira somehow has information on all this that would explain why she talks about Xavierīs dream as if it was more like a nighmare because it became a reality but the cost was too high.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan
    Agreed

Canīt wait for HoX #2 this issue is supposed to be very revealing about the X-men, Xavier and Moira story.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 08-02-2019 at 12:50 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Astonishing Member

Well I can understand why. Year 100 painted a very bleak future for mutants with their population hovering somewhere around 10,000 and the remnant of Krakoa having just 8 mutants left on it. Fast forward to Year 1000 and the Tower(the seat of power for the machines) and Nimrod (who we last saw planning some sort of final assault against the mutants) are still around add that to Cylobel still being in that goo and the Librarian saying there's too much machine to do a copy (maybe of mutants?).

Of course if you skip the info pages and only do one reading I can see how you could come to the conclusions that mutants lost and got regulated to a Zoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    My guess is that they are the last humans left on Earth 1 000 hudred years in the future and thatīs why Nimrod has remorse because what he did didnīt help the human race at all and the mutants of the Shiar Empire still took over the planet and the entire Solar system.

If Moira somehow has information on all this that would explain why she talks about Xavierīs dream as if it was more like a nighmare because it became a reality but the cost was too high.

Agreed

Canīt wait for HoX #2 this issue is supposed to be very revealing about the X-men, Xavier and Moira story.

oh that's clever. I did think her face looked a little DISTURBED after he says, "of a better world"

also, when the librarian said that ironic thing about remembering not to repeat the mistakes of the past while caging the humans, it reminded me of when Nimrod apologized WHILE torturing someone.

I read this twice because I though you were being sarcastic. lmaoo
    No. LOL!! I participate in some other boards for things I'm honestly obsessed with and most threads start off positive and devolve into name-calling and "i hate this property (yet, I still come to this board everyday and shit on every one else's parade)." I don't see that here. People are generally cool and add to the conversation.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

oh that's clever. I did think her face looked a little DISTURBED after he says, "of a better world"

also, when the librarian said that ironic thing about remembering not to repeat the mistakes of the past while caging the humans, it reminded me of when Nimrod apologized WHILE torturing someone.

Yes she seemed worried and disturbed but also looking to explain her reasons to Charles, itīs a retcon because Moira and Xavier fell in love while they were students at the University but Charles was send to fight as a soldier and Moira got married while he was gone. This time Xavier didnīt know who Moira was and she was looking for him specifically, I think that this may mean that what we are seeing in the present with Krakoa, "X" and the X-men is a result of this change in time, maybe the "future" we saw already happened and Moira is trying to stop it.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 08-02-2019 at 01:15 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    No. LOL!! I participate in some other boards for things I'm honestly obsessed with and most threads start off positive and devolve into name-calling and "i hate this property (yet, I still come to this board everyday and shit on every one else's parade)." I don't see that here. People are generally cool and add to the conversation.
    That's only because these issues have been good. You should go read the gold review threads.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    That's only because these issues have been good. You should go read the gold review threads.
    Shoot not even that far back pop into the Rosenberg Uncanny X-Men threads lol HoX/PoX is just legitimately good it's like a breath of fresh air after the mediocre to bad X-titles we've had pushed on us for years.

I remember tapping out of the X-books for 2 years during the beginning of the Extraordinary X-Men/ IvX period but came back during Phoenix Resurrection and I can honestly say I didn't miss much.

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    I gave up on Gold two issues in. I knew to avoid anything associated with that book.

In Hickman's Avengers vol 6, their future in 422 years is controlled by machines

FullSizeRender.jpg