Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

This...didn't really grab me the same way HOX #1 did. Though that's probably because most of it was dedicated to "Post-Apocalyptic Story #50", which I'm sure will be relevant later but for now...just wasn't very interesting. Kinda tired of seeing the same fucked up futures for the X-Men.

Kinda wish more time was given to the past and present. Those were the only things that really had my attention.

Weirdly while reading this I was reminded of the Netflix series Dark

spoilers:
    due to the 4 different time periods
    end of spoilers

I'd love to think Hickman has been watching it.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Now that I think about it, this also reminds me the Asimov's Foundation.

This was interesting but I enjoyed House of X more.
    HoX had a singular narrative which gave it a long term story that's being built but the issue's story had a beginning middle and an end.
    PoX just built towards a long term story but the issue's story had 3 ideas for beginnings.
    So it felt like PoX is less a story and more a place for Hickman to dump the excess lore that he can't fit into HoX.

Spectacular Member

Well, where do I start? IDK why they said PoX will give a new lecture for HoX because I didn't feel that at this point(maybe with later development).
    It was correctly written but I don't like the dark future for the mutant race because I'm tired of another future X-story.
    Is there an interest to tell us about the future when we want more of the present? Since this dystopian future is the fate of all the mutants and we are already seen what's happening(and it's bad for them) and time travel is forbidden, WHAT'S THE POINT OF ALL OF THIS(because they can't change it)???
    How Hickman wrote it, it seems X-MEN THE END!!!
    Right now, I really really really hope Marvel will not screw more the X-titles.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

I really enjoyed this issue, probably more so than House of X. I love seeing possible futures and new, interesting characters being introduced and expanded upon. I'm not an X-Men buff so obviously some things kinda whizzed by my head on first read, but that's what so good about Hickman's writing. Also, no, I didn't mind the 3 different time periods. While yes, in a shorter book that would've been an issue but I feel like each setting got a good enough spotlight and intrigue I was fully invested.

Some answers to some questions and many other questions still unanswered.

This issue is basically the opposite of House of X in every way.

Here we see the outcome of Xavier's dream in the future with a result we already know very well without any surprise. Nor is it any surprise that Sinister betrayed the X-men by now the X-men should have learned the lesson .

We also had some answers about the strange mutants with skills and appearances of various mixed X-men they are chimeras (nice name choice and very appropriate).

I will give 6 out of 10 to this issue because it is not so creative as we have seen many apocalyptic futures but I hope the writer has some card up his sleeve to make this story different from so many others.

Maybe Moira is a future traveler who came to the past to warn Xavier or change the future in some way.

So all the X-men stories have happened within 10 or 20 years since the day Xavier founded the team?
    Last edited by Knives; 07-31-2019 at 08:02 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    So apparently Rasputin does not have any DNA from Magik, but does carry her soul sword...I guess it makes sense since Magik's soul sword is not part of her mutant powers...but how the hell does Rasputin have it?
    When Magik was dead before, both Nightcrawler and Kitty wielded/possessed the Soul Sword at different points in Excalibur, so there's some precedence to it being inherited.

Also, what if Magik's entire soul is within the sword now, and she's not really entirely gone.

Interesting to see a reference to the "Betrayal + 5045 Years" Space Tree Garden from Hickman's Avengers #32. Incidentally where we find Franklin and Groot as a huge tree.

Avengers 32.jpg

The silhouette now called "Asteroid K" is presumably the same place as "Krakoa" where Rasputin and Cardinal arrive once they have transited No-Place.

POX 1.jpg

The timescale is very different, but presumably the Asteroid survives for a long time. It also suggests that the first appearance of the new Krakoa was actually way back in Avengers even if it is probably Hickman utilising an old ambiguous reference.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 07-31-2019 at 08:20 AM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

Not to put down the issue, genuinely seeking to understand, but people are saying this is game changing and ground breaking? Does anyone know what aspects of the story did this?

Absolutely love NuNimrod...Nimrod2.0. NUmrod? Actual humor!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Interesting to see a reference to the "Betrayal + 5045 Years" Space Tree garden from Hickman's Avengers #32. Incidentally where we find Franklin and Groot as a huge tree.

Avengers 32.jpg

The silhouette now called "Asteroid K" is presumably the same place as "Krakoa" where Rasputin and Cardinal arrive once they have transited No-Place.

POX 1.jpg

The timescale is very different, but presumably the Asteroid survives for a long time.
    Oh ****! These are nice ass Easter Eggs.

I like how all of his stories basically happen within the same timeline lol

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by four4elements View Post
    Not to put down the issue, genuinely seeking to understand, but people are saying this is game changing and ground breaking? Does anyone know what aspects of the story did this?
    The Xavier and Moira scene presumably. If that Moira is from the future that would mean Charles has had knowledge of how the future plays out from the very beginning. Which I guess that explains why he's so zealous about the whole mutant and humans living in harmony dream.

(Is it really a dream if it's real?)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by four4elements View Post
    Who's saying its game changing? The issues highlighted in red are the "big stuff happens" issues. HOX #2/5 and POX #6.

The Moria and Charles meeting may be game changing. We have to wait and see.
    Last edited by Punch Dimension.; 07-31-2019 at 08:26 AM.

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

People on twitter. I thought this was an exposition issue mostly.