Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Underwhelming issue.

SciFi 101 with Hickman. He's suppose to present grander ideas then these, more interesting execution. half the charm of Hickman is the intrigue of his ideas. With this it just feels hollow and boring. So I hope he quickly turns this around and presents that most of what happened here was just illusions or decoys for the real future he presents.
    That was my biggest issue with his previous work. I can't help but feel he'll get too invested in the uber sci-fi conceptual stuff and make stuff lose meaning. But in all fairness, like HOX this is a lot of exposition as set up for the new era he's pushing. So while I wasn't blown away by this issue I'm willing to give the series some breathing room to develop the main ideas that'll be explored down the line.

And I'm gonna be saying this a lot, but mutants being born to serve an alien empire for war sounds a good bit like another superpowered human subspecies I know

BANNED

This had so much information, and honestly I had to read it 3 times because I was Totally confused.

Incredible Member

I wonder if this is going to end like "Here Comes Tomorrow".

I really liked Nimrod. Affable villains are so much fun. Even though this story isn't supposed to involve time travel I'd take an exception in this case.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Wait could Moira be a black brain TP? They were created to be undetectable after all.
    I don't know if Moira is a black brain, but I think she is Cylobel. If not physically, I think maybe Cylobel's consciousness has been transferred back, similar to Kitty in DoFP. Her talking about walking through the fair and then seeing Charles is almost like talking about the X-Men to Ascension, and that would mean Charles is the blue guy, and that she was (in that vat) waiting for someone, him, and this is not about telling Xavier that his dream is real as a promise, but a warning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    A lot to unpack here, but I think the twist in the end is that the X-men must fight not save mutantkind from extinction, but humankind itself, and from keeping mutants as second class citizens in a machine dominated world.
    It kind of has to, right? X-Men was never about winning, it was about protecting the people of the world.

I couldn't care less about these boring new mutants.

Tired of dystopian futures. That entire DOFP segement? I'll pass. Especially when to make one possible you have to write in something as overwhelmingly stupid as trusting Sinister in any capacity.

3/5

I really liked this. I like the new characters. Will elaborate more after placing an arterial line.

Gotta be honest, I didn't enjoy this nearly as much as HoX. The data thing is interesting I guess but this wasn't the best thing to follow up HoX with.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

I know it's still early, but I know what I like when I read a comic and from I've read from this new direction X-Men seem to be going, it's going to be too complicated for my tiny brain to comprehend. I just wanna read about Wolverine snikting some bubs and then drinkin a brew afterwards. I read this book and it seems way to sci fi and complex for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I really liked this. I like the new characters. Will elaborate more after placing an arterial line.
    Same. I thought it was really interesting. And, it actually allows for the big dystopian futures we’ve seen to still fit within the established timeline. DoFP and Bishop’s future, for example, would seem to precede Year 100 and be part of leading up to it; while Cable’s future would be beyond the Year 1000 where mutants have become by far the dominant species on the planet. Pretty cool.

Spectacular Member Doctor_Foxey's Avatar

I was confused I thought the machines were the ones serving the mutants? Or maybe it’s a symbiotic relationship? I don’t know about the saving the humans thing the blue guy and nimrod seem pretty ambivalent about humans. But yeah it would have been more interesting to see a futuristic mutant society exploring space or whatever. Maybe encountering new foes or something. Something in the middle not a distopia but not a utopia. Maybe something like spider peace.
    Last edited by Doctor_Foxey; 07-31-2019 at 09:25 AM.
    check out my art if you are interested

https://doctor-rainbowfoxey.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Long lost fan here. I loved this, it seems to be a great time to return to the X-men
    Last edited by CuteNimrod; 07-31-2019 at 09:24 AM.

Fantastic Member

I genuinely cannot wait for the next issue. I understand this is a lot to take in for many folks, but if it feels like a big story that's just getting its wheels turning, that's because it is.

Many of us are content to watch tv shows and movies that takes 3+ hours or several seasons to tell a complex story; I'm pretty sure we can cope with 12 weeks and 12 issues to wrap it all up in a nice package.

Also, speaking of nice packages ::ahem::, I'm loving that the covers to HoX & PoX actually feel a little sturdier than most Marvel books have been. Recent Uncanny covers may as well have been made from tissues.

Xandra....so was she KT's idea or Hickman's? Im really starting to believe the rumor/theory that he gave JDW an outline of what he needed created and put into place before his run and that the writers werent given as much freedom as they'd like us to believe